Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Is this the Loch Ness Monster?

Still Waters

logs don't move on their own, nor they suddenly emerge or sink, they either float or not.

Actually they do. Thanks to buoyant gases created during decomposition, logs will rise to the surface for a bit and then sink back down never to be seen again.

Actually they do. Thanks to buoyant gases created during decomposition, logs will rise to the surface for a bit and then sink back down never to be seen again.

Yes, yes, corpses do the same, up and down they go as the gases build up and vent out... who allowed you to ruin my theory with facts?

I believe in Nessie on intuitive level, you materialists. No, I haven’t seen solid proof yet and that’s the part of Nessie’s charm.

It’s not just one guy that saw her recently, it’s thousands of people around the world... well, Europe at least, that saw elongated possibly reptilian unknown creatures in their local lakes.

Loch Ness is not exactly crystal clear and it’s large enough it can’t be scanned complete at once, so though there’s no indisputable proof for Nessie’s existence (testimonies are proof, by the way, you Pharisees) there’s no proof she is not in there either.

What this world has come to, if you're shy they claim you're not there at all. Nessie is not one of those "celebrities" that will eagerly pose for you.

Yes, yes, corpses do the same, up and down they go as the gases build up and vent out... who allowed you to ruin my theory with facts?

I believe in Nessie on intuitive level, you materialists. No, I haven’t seen solid proof yet and that’s the part of Nessie’s charm.

It’s not just one guy that saw her recently, it’s thousands of people around the world... well, Europe at least, that saw elongated possibly reptilian unknown creatures in their local lakes.

Loch Ness is not exactly crystal clear and it’s large enough it can’t be scanned complete at once, so though there’s no indisputable proof for Nessie’s existence (testimonies are proof, by the way, you Pharisees) there’s no proof she is not in there either.

What this world has come to, if you're shy they claim you're not there at all. Nessie is not one of those "celebrities" that will eagerly pose for you.

Helen - did you descend down here to Crypto-ville just to mess with us? I think you did. :) Having a bit of fun, eh?

I think you have come up with a new theory. Nessie is dead and it is the corpse that keeps rising that people see. :yes:

• Like 1

Helen - did you descend down here to Crypto-ville just to mess with us? I think you did. :) Having a bit of fun, eh?

Scouts honour, no. Cross my heart and hope to die, no. May they review my taxes if I lie, no. Like I said, I believe intuitively there really is Nessie. I’m not trolling, being sarcastic or messing with you in any way.

Maybe not a dinosaur, but definitely a cryptid, there are loads of completely sane possibilities for what Nessie could be.

I was just mentioning in the other thread (non-US cryptids) our man-eating catfish. I saw the outline of something so big it could be said monster, though I don’t believe it actually swallows swimmers, that creature was far too big for any normal fish you usually could see in the lake in which it happened.

Am I crazy or lying? No. Was that oversized something caught yet or washed ashore? No.

So... I know it’s there, doubt it all you want. Probably not pulling people underwater, they drown on their clumsy own, but from my point of view it’s just silly to refuse the possibility there’s a giant catfish down there. Why the hell not?

That's my logic behind Nessie, if people saw it, you may assume they are all liars or drunks, I assume at least some of them actually saw something. I admit it's hard to say what since there's nothing palpable there, but though it's wrong to believe in everything you hear it's also very wrong to dismiss something just because it doesn't sound common.

I think you have come up with a new theory. Nessie is dead and it is the corpse that keeps rising that people see. :yes:

:lol: I hate you so much right now :lol: Warm and fuzzy kind of hate ;)

• Like 1

Scouts honour, no. Cross my heart and hope to die, no. May they review my taxes if I lie, no. Like I said, I believe intuitively there really is Nessie. I’m not trolling, being sarcastic or messing with you in any way.

Maybe not a dinosaur, but definitely a cryptid, there are loads of completely sane possibilities for what Nessie could be.

I was just mentioning in the other thread (non-US cryptids) our man-eating catfish. I saw the outline of something so big it could be said monster, though I don’t believe it actually swallows swimmers, that creature was far too big for any normal fish you usually could see in the lake in which it happened.

Am I crazy or lying? No. Was that oversized something caught yet or washed ashore? No.

So... I know it’s there, doubt it all you want. Probably not pulling people underwater, they drown on their clumsy own, but from my point of view it’s just silly to refuse the possibility there’s a giant catfish down there. Why the hell not?

That's my logic behind Nessie, if people saw it, you may assume they are all liars or drunks, I assume at least some of them actually saw something. I admit it's hard to say what since there's nothing palpable there, but though it's wrong to believe in everything you hear it's also very wrong to dismiss something just because it doesn't sound common.

there's logic in what you say, and we'll probably have to agree to disagree on the rest - but thats cool with me. either way, welcome to crypto, helen :) and to think, all along, that I assumed you were just here for the haiku.

I for one would love to believe in Nessie, if only someone would find a good enough reason to.

The infamous US monster experts also gave us a plan in case of zombie attack, the Florida face eating incident was a dry run and it seems we have passed with mediocrity. Might they know something we don't know?

J

I just hate it when a stereotype is proven true once again. Whole culture has ADHD combined with tunnel vision.

Could we have zombie-free, non-Floridated Nessie thread? Pretty please?

But if you want to take a broader look, here's a link that actually is on topic:

http://en.wikipedia....i/Brosno_dragon

Edit: just toning it down. some things annoy me to the verge of heart attack.

Edited by Helen of Annoy

The most important part of the article:

Mr Edwards spends his life on the loch - around 60 hours a week - taking tourists out on his boat Nessie Hunter IV, and has led numerous Nessie hunts over the years.

Edited by Rafterman

The most important part of the article:

Mr Edwards spends his life on the loch - around 60 hours a week - taking tourists out on his boat Nessie Hunter IV, and has led numerous Nessie hunts over the years.

Ohmygod, that totally explains it! From 6th century up to today!

That also clearly explains the Mediterranean seal (Monachus Monachus) is not back to the Croatian Adriatic coast. No. Videos are fake, a species once gone from a habitat can never return. No, Adriana is not back, it's just hoax. Those greedy tour guides would do anything to boost their business.

This video of monk seal was taken in 2009 and its authenticity was doubted, for no other reason than religious denial of professionals, who knew better who can and who can't live in Adriatic. Then, few more videos and few more encounters made it officially real too.

I know, there's no good footage of Nessie yet. The reason why I mention monk seal is scornful dismissal of the idea it could ever return to Adriatic sea. People who claimed they saw her, but had no solid proof, were automatically liars, drunks, blind, insane.

But there she is. Or is it a log maybe?

I'm so going to board Nessie Hunter IV if the miracle happens and I can afford a trip to Scotland. Meanwhile, I appreciate photos and videos, the scenery is beautiful even without Nessie.

So you think some plesiosaurus time-travelled to our time, and 'returned' to the icy waters of Loch Ness ?

Well, in that case I can say whales or whatever have returned (god knows how, by walking overland, flying??) to a lake close to where I live:

I've just finished reading a novel by Steve Alten called "The Loch". Absolutely loved it!! It's a great mix of history & fiction, but totally believable.

IF there really is something swimming around in the Loch, I would wager it's something along these lines. Afterall, NOAA has recorded "The Bloop" in the ocean as well as many other unexplained recordings and sightings. I highly recommend this book to any Nessie enthusiast as it explains everything and makes sense in the grand scheme of things.

So you think some plesiosaurus time-travelled to our time, and 'returned' to the icy waters of Loch Ness ?

Well, in that case I can say whales or whatever have returned (god knows how, by walking overland, flying??) to a lake close to where I live:

[media=]

[/media]

No, I don’t think anysaurus time-travelled, but is it so impossible to have endemic fish with elongated body and admirable size there? Or endemic amphibian? Or any other not so deranged possibility? Why is it necessary to jump at people who fracken live there just because they saw something they think is interesting? Should their hide their stories and beliefs?

I bit this thread like pitbull because the sceptic flock reminds me of Richard arrogant Dawkins and his religious atheism. And I’m not ****en religious.

I’m simply annoyed with people who ride the mainstream wagon, dropping by to spit on those whose world is not reduced to automatic repetition of feeding, sleeping and crapping.

I want my world open to possibilities. *hits desk with clenched fist*

I’m not afraid of possibilities. Be it Nessie, aliens or... what the **** was that? In your lake?

Looks like Red October :lol: kidding, too small for that, but it could be one of those small exploration submarines, though they are usually bright coloured, or it’s a plug from sink at the bottom of the lake pushed out by the underground water pressure... you have to give me a story behind it so I can decide what it could be. Google told me you have a divers centre there, is it something theirs?

See, I’m not completely mad, I just don’t like dogmas. I really, really don’t like them.

Is his boat an aircraft carrier?

Seriously if this photo was taken a half mile away from the object in the water then he was either in an airplane or on the side of a mountain. The angle is not right for a photo taken from the deck of a boat.

I thiink it is fine to Champion the possibility of something unknown being there, but the pics and stories put forward still need to be subject to science and logic. And this guys pic looks like a log.

Edited by DieChecker

No, I don’t think anysaurus time-travelled, but is it so impossible to have endemic fish with elongated body and admirable size there? Or endemic amphibian? Or any other not so deranged possibility? Why is it necessary to jump at people who fracken live there just because they saw something they think is interesting? Should their hide their stories and beliefs?

I bit this thread like pitbull because the sceptic flock reminds me of Richard arrogant Dawkins and his religious atheism. And I’m not ****en religious.

I’m simply annoyed with people who ride the mainstream wagon, dropping by to spit on those whose world is not reduced to automatic repetition of feeding, sleeping and crapping.

I want my world open to possibilities. *hits desk with clenched fist*

I’m not afraid of possibilities. Be it Nessie, aliens or... what the **** was that? In your lake?

Looks like Red October :lol: kidding, too small for that, but it could be one of those small exploration submarines, though they are usually bright coloured, or it’s a plug from sink at the bottom of the lake pushed out by the underground water pressure... you have to give me a story behind it so I can decide what it could be. Google told me you have a divers centre there, is it something theirs?

See, I’m not completely mad, I just don’t like dogmas. I really, really don’t like them.

There is nothing that size in that lake near where I live.

It was a hoax.

There was an even better video about it, but that one is gone.

And here is the location:

https://maps.google.nl/maps?oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&q=noord+aa+zoetermeer&ie=UTF-8&hq=&hnear=0x47c5c8ca65c5f457:0x6b785db5944191b8,Noord+Aa&gl=nl&ei=2hgiUJzYE63P4QSrzoCICw&ved=0CAgQ8gEwAA

Edited by Abramelin

There is nothing that size in that lake near where I live.

It was a hoax.

There was an even better video about it, but that one is gone.

And here is the location:

https://maps.google....ved=0CAgQ8gEwAA

Aw, a hoax. Disappointing. I was hoping to hear it’s some weird part of the weirdest dam system, an actual plug that keeps water in the lake :lol:

Or driving school for pocket submarines.

I forgot to mention one of the reasons why I like Nessie. The idea of Nessie, sorry. I want “contains traces of nuts” sceptics’ seal of approval on my posts. Not “100% nuts”.

It’s her diet. Unlike Russian lake monsters, or Croatian man-eating catfish, she doesn’t engulf people or boats. She only discreetly emerges on rare occasions.

Apart from that guy she ate back in the 8th century.

http://www.simegen.com/writers/nessie/yum_yum.htm

Like the cute linky above says, perhaps he tasted bad :lol:

You can hardly blame the guy really. With the global economy being what it is, there are probably fewer and fewer people willing to lay down the coin necessary to go on a day trip hunting Nessie. He's just doing a little free publicity for his business - no harm there really. The Loch sure as hell is a beautiful place. I know I'd love to go there someday and ride around on a boat.

I don't know. The article says he does a 60 hour week, and he does not seem the type to just go out without someone paying something.

Wouldn't that imply quite a lot of tourism?

Edited by DieChecker

I don't know. The article says he does a 60 hour week, and he does not seem the type to just go out without someone paying something.

Wouldn't that imply quite a lot of tourism?

Perhaps he counts hoaxing Nessie photos to bolster his business part of that 60hr work week? ;) haha I would venture that many of us go to work for 40 hours a week at least.....how many of us are actually working that whole 40 hours. Precious few I'll wager.

Perhaps he counts hoaxing Nessie photos to bolster his business part of that 60hr work week? ;) haha I would venture that many of us go to work for 40 hours a week at least.....how many of us are actually working that whole 40 hours. Precious few I'll wager.

As one of the precious few, scientifically speaking, I can tell this thread contains a lot of “I wish I was making easy money” factor.

It’s almost like you are afraid there could be Nessie, because OMG, in that case that guy would totally make more money than me! And he already has better job than me, because I could cruise around with my boat and feel like I’m not doing anything.

Well, buy a boat then and start easy living.

That man didn’t fake anything. He filmed what he filmed, and it’s up to everyone to decide if that’s a log or Nessie or something else. Obviously. I could think it’s my grandma’s broomstick emerging like Excalibur. So what? What threat is my opinion to you if you have your, scientifically proven log? If I try to aggressively mock you into accepting my opinion, then you may feel threatened and return fire. Like I’m about to do. Because you can have your sceptic log, but you can’t have “lets bully them to reason” festival. Some people do not want it to be a log and you are not appointed to make them see the scientific light. Get over it.

Now, what proof do you have he intentionally advertised a log as Nessie? Being ready yourself to fake something is not a proof someone else is ready to do the same, and especially is not the proof he did it. Neither is guessing people are rotten on the average. Not proof. There are exceptions. Always.

So, how come you, who are so refined and defined proof seekers, are not bothered by the same scientific or legal standards when you are guessing, or channelling maybe, what was going on in someone’s mind at the moment he was filming something in the water?

Why is Nessie something to be proven, while actual human can be arbitrary dismissed as liar or crackpot without proving what exactly he believes he saw?

Nessie is not the issue, guys. Double standards are.

He now claims the picture is the best ever taken of the Loch Ness Monster
that he claims proves the existence of Nessie

It's a lump in the water. What does it prove?

Another "we'll never be sure" Nessie picture.