Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Gay Marriage

TrueBeliever

If the majority voted against gay marrige how is that not fair, the majority won. if the minority won then that would be unfair, do you dissagree?

Legislation that abrogates a person's right are illegal. i.e. if you signed a contract to become someone's slave, the contract would not be binding, because the contract would deprive you of your constitutional rights. The courts address the legal issues, not legislators, politicians, or religious folk.

Edited by Beany
  • Like 2

Kind of ironic isn't it, them lining up to stuff their faces with fast chikin to show their support for biblical principals? Last I heard they follow a savior that was about feeding the poor and meanwhile they line up to buy their fast food and support them good ol' Christian values, I believe the statistics say 15 people across the world die of starvation every minute. If they were supporting true Christian principals, they'd have donated that money to feed the poor, not shoveling chikin in their faces to pad the pockets of a homophobic fast food joint by raising its profits. WWJD? OH yeah, eat mor chikin, says it somewhere in Corinthians, I believe.

Go on Chloe.. you wrapped that up in one ..good post

But see it is so much easier to say - Hey I don't think it is right to be gay or be a gay and get married..I am not homophobic or anything ahem I have best friends who are gay !!

Yup..you find them all the time.. If there was a topic on people who are discriminating towards..Gremlins (lol ) you can bank.. one will say - "Well, I just dont like how they want to feed after midmnight? That is just sinful..its gluttony.. And why would they want to get wet and multiply? That is NOT how God intended us to multiply? Gremlins are an abomination before God..BUT I am not a Gremlinphobic..no..besides a lot of my best friends are all Gizmos" .......... You can bet if Gremlins did exist and not some mad creation Chris Columbus... A number of people would be against them and you would most likely read and hear what I briefly just mentioned lol :P

Edited by Beckys_Mom
  • Like 3

What is the bigger situation? What does the number single women have to do with gay marriage. Men and women who are homosexual are not going to pursue the same sex because there are no mates of the other sex, it is their nature to be attracted to the same sex. I dated a bi-sexual woman one time she had a partner who little interest in me. Sigh... I am miss those girls.

The bigger situation is focusing on the 51% of females who are without a spouse. It is in no ones nature to be attracted to the same sex. Desires come and go. No reason to give into them.

exactly.....and to teach children that this is ok to believe,,,well no not really...they just teach to hate them and shun them or if they embrace them they try to pray it away or beat it out.....i guarantee if they werent afraid of prison....they would kill them.....no doubt in my mind.....many evangelical US christians would...it is vile that this crap is 'protected' as a 'right', but someone wants to be married, and they are gay...no cant have that! idiots!!!!

Fortunately, some people arrive at their own moral code independently and don't rely on religious indoctrination or literature. While questioning someone else's moral values their clearly displaying their own lack of said values.

The bigger situation is focusing on the 51% of females who are without a spouse. It is in no ones nature to be attracted to the same sex. Desires come and go. No reason to give into them.

oh come on! did you arrive at this conclusion during bible study? wow........

If the majority voted against gay marrige how is that not fair, the majority won. if the minority won then that would be unfair, do you dissagree?

Simply because something has the support of the majority doesn't make it legal. At one time, mixed race marriages had majority support, but those laws were determined by the courts to be illegal. The majority of people in the south in the 19th century supported the institution of slavery. By your reasoning, does that mean slavery was/is acceptable?

• Like 1

Unc, if you're going to throw out statistics, you should be able to back it up with facts and name your sources.

• Like 2

My problem is that marriage IS a contractual agreement. I don't think the government should have any power over it at all. Gay or Not.

Then the government shouldn't offer any preferential tax laws for married couples, right? If you give up one you have to give up all of it.

Unfortunately, the Bible has this to say about homosexuality:

If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

- Leviticus 20:13 King James Version

And yet that is in the old testament. Christians say that they go by the new testament. Do you go by everything that is law in the old testament? All the silly laws in leviticus?

• Like 1

Genesis is in the Old Testament, but many Christians will tell you they believe in Adam and Eve and the story of Noah's ark. Christians don't just go by the New Testament.

There are a bunch of silly laws in Leviticus, but many conservatives and fundamentalists believe that homosexuality is a sin, even though they will eat fat, touch an unclean animal, drink alcohol in religious places (What about the blood of Jesus?), etc. People believe what they want throughout the Bible, yet ignore large quantities of it.

Exactly my point. They pick and choose what to believe and what not to. That gives their biblical argument against homosexuality exactly zero standing.

• Like 1

TB don't you find it the least bit confusing that a gay couple actually WANT the blessing of a religious entity? Many States have civil unions with most if not all the legal rights of a married couple but it's not enough for many in this debate. Many of the most vocal pro gay marriage want exactly the same right including that a religious marriage ceremony be available in a church where the members disagree. This is the only thing concerning gay marriage that offends me.

Why is that confusing? Aren't gay people allowed to believe in God? Does the Bible state that gay people should not want God's love and blessing?

• Like 3

Why is that confusing? Aren't gay people allowed to believe in God? Does the Bible state that gay people should not want God's love and blessing?

Very true.... My cousin Sarah is gay and she is a strong follower of the church.... She is always at church...Some man made rule is not going to put her off church...Fair play to her.. AND she is happy with her partner too..

• Like 2

Blah, blah, blah...the bible and Christians need to stop already I'm sorry. I really don't understand WHY it is such a big freaking deal to them! How is it affecting them or their lives at all??? It's NOT!! I'm very sorry to break it to all you Christians but gays are *ahem* HUMAN and therefore they should have just as much right as anyone else! You guys make me sick on this topic, you really do. It's such a NON issue! Get over it already and move on to something that actually does some good for mankind. Spread some love and acceptance that your God talks about around instead of this discriminating hate bs! Again their human and your anti gay crap is old so move on please!!!!!!

• Like 5

TB don't you find it the least bit confusing that a gay couple actually WANT the blessing of a religious entity?

Here is a shocker, maybe some gays are religious.
  • Like 2

One of my dearest friends is a gay man; he is also a devout Catholic. He wanted to be a priest but didn't attend seminary school because he would have had to lie about his sexual orientation and he loves God and the Church too much to take holy orders based on a lie. This is a man who wouldn't hurt a fly; he has never, in his life, raised his hand against anyone or acted in any way to harm another human being. He helps everyone, from his family members to his neighbors to members of the church he attends. He is tolerant, generous, and kind. And still he considers himself a terrible sinner who stands little chance of going to Heaven.

A truly loving God would never want His children to live with self-hatred because they believe that they are evil by nature.

• Like 2

I think everyone should have the right to a miserable divorce with the partner of their (former) choosing, and it will be awesome when gay divorce lawyers can have gay clients.

Edited by SuddenPsychic
  • Like 2

I think everyone should have the right to a miserable divorce with the partner of their (former) choosing, and it will be awesome when gay divorce lawyers can have gay clients.

That reminds me of a joke I love. Divorced guy to single man: "Why bother getting married, anyway? Just find a woman you hate and buy her a house."

• Like 4

No, I arrived at that conclusion by noticing that homosexual people cannot produce children. If it was a part of nature, it would be different.

my best friends make out all the time, i have no problem with them being gay, ive even gone to my fair share of gaybars on a nite out with my friends. alot of the things you mentioned people havent been saying in this topic.

religous people voting is completely different to the tax on churches, do you think religious people shouldn't vote

i think individual of voting age should vote. that is how you make your voice heard.

businesses should pay taxes and do. major organizations also pay taxes (far as i know).. but religion and state should be separate.

i see no reason why churches cannot be taxed. especially if they want to be allowed to push their weight around on political issues and be major participants in making or killing of laws and making issues of what presidents 'believe' as a political agenda.

PEOPLE should vote.. and personally if you pay taxes, i think that should give you a louder voice, because you not only deserve it as 'freedom of expression' or whatever you wish to call it, for just being an american but an extra boost because you also pay taxes and help support our governt officials as well as paying for health care for everyone, road projects.. et et et.

No, I arrived at that conclusion by noticing that homosexual people cannot produce children. If it was a part of nature, it would be different.

Here is a partial list of animals that exhibit homosexuality. You know, in nature.

Selected mammals from the full list:

Selected birds from the full list:

• Like 4

If it worked like that, we would still have jim crow laws, because majority of white voters in the south wanted them and voted for them. Would that be fair. We have courts that can overturn unjust laws, even it the majority voted for them.

From the good folks at the American Psychological Association

http://www.apa.org/helpcenter/sexual-orientation.aspx

There is no consensus among scientists about the exact reasons that an individual develops a heterosexual, bisexual, gay, or lesbian orientation. Although much research has examined the possible genetic, hormonal, developmental, social, and cultural influences on sexual orientation, no findings have emerged that permit scientists to conclude that sexual orientation is determined by any particular factor or factors. Many think that nature and nurture both play complex roles; most people experience little or no sense of choice about their sexual orientation.

People don't choose their sexual orientation. It doesn't come and go. To force someone when orientated to the same sex to be heterosexual makes for a miserable life for both people in the relationship.

Now tell me were you found that statistic about 51 % of women being single. If you want statistics here is an article that explains why and guess what, it is not because of homosexuals. You can't just pull stuff out of your..... hat and post it as the facts. Statistics are really complex. There are many different variables why % turn out the way they do. .

http://voices.yahoo.com/there-now-more-unmarried-women-united-states-173427.html

• Like 2

That article from the APA is really a good read. They talk about psychological damage caused by the discrimination of gay and lesbian people.

http://www.apa.org/h...rientation.aspx

Since 1975, the American Psychological Association has called on psychologists to take the lead in removing the stigma of mental illness that has long been associated with lesbian, gay, and bisexual orientations. The discipline of psychology is concerned with the well-being of people and groups and therefore with threats to that well-being. The prejudice and discrimination that people who identify as lesbian, gay, or bisexual regularly experience have been shown to have negative psychological effects. This information is designed to provide accurate information for those who want to better understand sexual orientation and the impact of prejudice and discrimination on those who identify as lesbian, gay, or bisexual

Edited by Darkwind
  • Like 1

Just a quick side note.. how come every post you make, and your postings on profiles status's double up.. Are you experiencing server problems? I know this is not on topic..I just wondered if you were experiencing server problems?

Just a quick side note.. how come every post you make, and your postings on profiles status's double up.. Are you experiencing server problems? I know this is not on topic..I just wondered if you were experiencing server problems?

i have no idea lol, it doesnt do this on mu pc just my laptop.

I get what you are saying.. but its not a choice...lol... What I mean is.. you and I do not chose our sexuality..we just have it..born with it..same with them.. :D

I get what you are saying.. but its not a choice...lol... What I mean is.. you and I do not chose our sexuality..we just have it..born with it..same with them.. :D

what do you mean by this, do you mean genetically they are born like this?