Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Gods vs Divine

c0ffee

What to you constitutes as a God or Goddess ?, e.g. the Christian God "God" is a seen as a God yet is earth bound and roams the earth because of the attendance God has with Man. Maybe I'm not meaning the same by roams the earth, not in a physical form. In comparison the Stars are not earth bound.

God or the cosmic consciosness is probably universal Certainly it exists here and interacts with human consciousness on earth but it also provides access to consciousnesses all over the universe and across "past" time.

Elements of god exist within all of the universe but in self aware beings they form part of that self awareness and can communicate with other elements of god anywhere, virtually instantaneously. God "does " this, eg is the carrier /energy source, but allows us to piggyback on its consciousness/awareness. Mankind is only one of many many sapient entities linked into god. One can travel with god as a conscious awareness through the wormholes in the centre of each galaxy and travel even into other universes. It is an illusion or a failure of full consciousness to diferentiate between the god within and around us and the god which permeates the universe. It (and we) are all one and the same. Not just in matter but in conscious self awareness, which is far more "flexible" than matter.

While god extends across the multiverse, I can only travel with god as a part of his/my consciousness, not as a physical being. But because consciousness is, in a way, all that we are, this is enough. It is as if one's body accompanies one, although it does not.

Actually one can transplant ones mind, via gods, into sapient beings around the universe and experience life, as them, in their bodies, but without the risk of physical sensation. So one can stand amidst the sails of a lightship surrounded by cosmic radiation and perceive and see all the wonder and beauty of the stars, but not feel any physical sensation . The host, of course, must be protected by its own technology or natural physical characteristics, but if a suitable host exists, one can enter into the centre of a sun. One can also "ride directly" the cosmic consciousness across the universe, through stars, planetary rings, and across the surfaces of planets of all sizes and types, because it already exists there.. I have accompanied sapient entities which looked like a cross between giant wombats and armadillos on a very heavy gravity planet, and flown with giant soaring creatures almost gossamer thin, which spent a lot of their time in the atmosphere of a low gravity planet. Both were as sapien t as humans and had planetary bound civilizations. Other entities included one in insect form which used lightships to sail across the central spaces of our galaxy This was one i hooked a ride with, and it was weird being in a sort of insect form, with a forcefield to protect me as i did running repairs on the micro engines which controlled the miles of rigging on the light sails. NOt until I die will i forget the sight of a sky filled with light and stars and the feeling of being virtually naked in the middle of space

. But humanoid forms are very common. They range form basic hominids pre civilization to some with empires capable of mater transmission and communication across galaxies. In between are those colonising distant space with generation ships and others using needle ships and Ais to travel across local space.

All the universe, or at least all that I travel, is linked by a form of transportation network that allows consciousnesses to travel instantaneously fromm point to point, galaxy to galaxy, etc This is either a physical construct of the cosmic consciousness or an aspect of its natural self.

I've never worked that out. I just use it for the purpose it exists for.

Edited by Mr Walker

God or the cosmic consciosness is probably universal

Thanks for the engrossing info. I'm not looking for the paradigm most commonly known as God, but at that would be a lesser / separate devision, which is the embodiment the Stars. As the embodiment, the Sun, is according to Male aspects / concepts of life where the Moon is the embodiment of the Female aspects / concepts of life, which Human beings experience being a polarity of and even down to the Birds / Bees and even Flowers.

So specifically looking for accounts of a relation between "Divinity" & "Stars".

Thanks for the engrossing info. I'm not looking for the paradigm most commonly known as God, but at that would be a lesser / separate devision, which is the embodiment the Stars. As the embodiment, the Sun, is according to Male aspects / concepts of life where the Moon is the embodiment of the Female aspects / concepts of life, which Human beings experience being a polarity of and even down to the Birds / Bees and even Flowers.

So specifically looking for accounts of a relation between "Divinity" & "Stars".

I'm not sure i quite understand what you are saying/looking for. In my experience god IS the universe, and the universe IS god. Stars are not independently conscious, as trees are not, but the consciousness of god permeates all things along with the physical material of god and the energy life force of god. Only self aware sapient beings can become aware of this consciousness and connect to it So a star is physically god as a human being is god, but the star is not aware that it is god, whereas a human can become aware of this. So a human can talk to the consiousness of god (cosmic consciousness) within a star or within a tree, but a tree and a star cannot inherently communicate, because they are not inherently/independently, self aware.

Your explanation seems to be a philosophical /theological conceptualisation of god. Humans, for various reasons, since prehistory, imbued the moon with female characteristics and the sun with male ones. We also tend to imbue 'god" with such sexual charateristics. eg some see god as male, others as female, but consciousness HAS no gender. Nor does a sun or a moon.

Stars are inanimate and non self aware, although there are some sapient beings who live, in part, in the heart of stars; as there are those who live naturally in the cold reaches of space. I've only "touched"/linked to, those briefly, because my own senses cannot make sense of, or adjust to, those of a creature living in the heart of a star. The energies involved overwhelm my senses whilst in a star, just as I cannot "see"when my perception is moving through solid rock or a planetary surface.

Edited by Mr Walker

The human mind recognizes all gods as being part of something divine, something more. As for if they are truly connected that till remain a mystery until you pass the point of no return.

I'm meaning in representation not Physically, although there maybe life within a Star but I have to state that's not what I am trying to get to the point of. More along the lines of everything being a representation of a Philosophical matter.

I'm meaning in representation not Physically, although there maybe life within a Star but I have to state that's not what I am trying to get to the point of. More along the lines of everything being a representation of a Philosophical matter.

Ok I still need more explanation to "get" what you are after but it is not something i can probably help you with. In general I find philosphy a "dead end" discipline albeit fascinating in its history and conceptual development. It isuseful perhaps for honing one's mind, but not for solving real world questions like the nature of god :innocent:

That's it!!!!! MW. Im going to find these lightships. It sounds to awesome to pass up. I have been relating that story to others for several years. Now I'm going to go. Ill let you know how it goes. :)

I'm at a place where I'm beginning to think anything is possible, and wondering how "blind" I am. As for stars & divinity, I don't think they are any more divine than anything else in the universe, and I would translate lesser gods as those who have more experience or wisdom than the common person, or an idea that encapsulates one small part of the universal energy with which we can work on a personal level. i.e. Yemoja, the Ifa deity whose realm in the ocean; so then I think of how of the ocean we carry in our bodies, our tears, our blood, how life-giving she is, how immense her aura must be and how healing it would be to be in that presence. How she feeds us, how we play on her beaches, how she gives birth via underground volcanos, how dark her depths are, so for me she's the embodiment of all possibilities. But she is just one face of god/divine, whittled down, so to speak, to a size & energy I can deal with.

... In general I find philosphy a "dead end" ... but not for solving real world questions like the nature of god :innocent:

Unless Scientific, the nature of God relies 100% on Philosophy, Im not entirely sure what you consider as Philosophy but any Religion is Philosophically based, even Buddhism, excluding Deities / Gods and otherwise is still a Psychological Philosophy.

Unless Scientific, the nature of God relies 100% on Philosophy, Im not entirely sure what you consider as Philosophy but any Religion is Philosophically based, even Buddhism, excluding Deities / Gods and otherwise is still a Psychological Philosophy.

I agree. Theology is a form of philosophy, and amenable to psychological study. Psychology IS a genuine field of useful endeavour which does promote knolwedge and understandings about humanity. Psychology helps us understand the formation structure and codification of human beliefs and knowledge about god, according to the nature of the human mind (to put it in simple terms)

For me god is a "simple" part of the physical world and hence certainly is definable scientifically. God, in my life, is as real and physical as you and me, so i dont particularly relate to theology either, although like philosophy, i find it academically interesting, and amusing.

That's it!!!!! MW. Im going to find these lightships. It sounds to awesome to pass up. I have been relating that story to others for several years. Now I'm going to go. Ill let you know how it goes. :)

Good luck. I am not as capable as i was in my younger days but i continue to work and experiment. Recently i found a second way to extend my consciousness into space. I broke it up into a form of rainbow light and extended it out at the speed of light (i guess, having no speedometer attached) My consciousness (and to my senses my body) became part of that light stream and formed a sort of rainbow bridge, from my mind to its destination. Its hard to expalin in words but i could see the particles of my mind in the light stream. The symbol that came to mind was the rebirth of the phoenix and especailly its tail feathers coming together before achieving physical completion. It was also like a visible transmat beam or worm hole stretching across space.

Any way, my dreamworlds are coming along nicely. I am concentrating on going back in time to spend some time with my father before he met my motherand get to know him. Only a few succesful journeys so far, but very rewarding and I' ve learned a lot about him. From the type of motorbike he rode to what he liked to drink , how he charmed the ladies with some fancy footwork and what it was like at country dances in the nineteen thirties.

Th erest of my nights are filled in with many dreams each night that are light and fantastic. Last night i went back in time and met myself, aged about 4 or five. I took myself for a road trip including some beach four wheel driving in a landrover and a flight across our local gulf. As I flew, my younger self only had to touch my fingers to fly along side me across several miles of water and some islands. We landed in a small town on the coast, as it was in the mid twentieth century and went to visit a school friend who lived there.

Sometimes understanding the nature of the divine is experiential rather than scientific or philosophical. In that case, the written word is is a way of describing/explaining the experience. Probably poetry is as good a way as any to describe the experience.

• Like 1

Sometimes understanding the nature of the divine is experiential rather than scientific or philosophical. In that case, the written word is is a way of describing/explaining the experience. Probably poetry is as good a way as any to describe the experience.

Like Scientific observation / theory / study

(MacBook Dictionary) definition : "the study of the fundamental nature of knowledge, reality, and existence"

or

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philosophy

Like Scientific observation / theory / study

(MacBook Dictionary) definition : "the study of the fundamental nature of knowledge, reality, and existence"

or

http://en.wikipedia....wiki/Philosophy

Pretty close, but since most of us aren't scientists, we can't bring the rigorous testing procedures of science to the issue, not are we studying it, nor do we care to. And in my case, I've given up trying to understand the fundamental knowledge of ..., because I think it's too vast & complicated to get a handle on. There have been times when my direct experiences are contradictory to the current scientific thinking, and in those instances, I let my direct experiences inform me, figuring that sooner or later science will catch up. There are many, many things that have no scientific explanation, not because there isn't any, but because science is usually chasing the bigger fish, as they should.

Science and Philosophy so go hand in hand. Philosophy is a meaningful perspective, of what matter can be described. If a person were a Plant ... Plants grow and stay strong because of water & light, therefore it's not wrong in thinking that light is something that can help us grow, where Buddhism and the state of inner peace comes about with a certain amount of light.