Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Australia releases UFO files

Details of UFO reports and investigations in Australia have been made available at the National Archives.

Documents that have just become available under the 30-year rule at the National Archives of Australia reveal how two RAAF Mirage jets were placed on the second highest level of alert to determine the cause of unidentified radar contacts seen on screens at Mascot.

arrow3.gifRead more...

• Like 1

I'd really like to read the article but my PC protector says it's not a safe site to visit so I'm not gonna argue with it.

Can you give the gist of it?

"The Age" is a major Australian newspaper, their site is perfectly safe to visit.

I'd really like to read the article but my PC protector says it's not a safe site to visit so I'm not gonna argue with it.

Can you give the gist of it?

The sites safe, just been on there.

Thanks,

More UFO files :td: who gives a %¤,... Wake me up when someone releases their ET files.

• Like 1

Hm, funny, I also had difficulties, not getting to the original 'The Age' news paper article, but in trying to print it. I received an error message saying that Windows "experienced difficulties and needs to close".

'Close Encounter of an X-File kind' ?

First and last lines of the story tell us the whole story

It is probably the closest Australia has come to scrambling fighter jets to intercept a UFO.

AND

''So what was it that these people have experienced? It has that open-ended question to it that I find really intriguing.''

Does not see to be all that exciting to be honest. Is this what the conspiracists are yelling about? Some photos of some lights in the sky and some motorbike doughnuts? How dare we keep that a secret!

Nothing of any significance will ever be released by governments. Just eye witness reports. The same sort of stuff we see in the media every other day. No definitive evidence.

If UFOs do not exist then what happend to the UFO in Roswell that crashed? Why did they hide it? Was it made by the government? Why are they keeping AREA 51 Closed??

If UFOs do not exist then what happend to the UFO in Roswell that crashed? Why did they hide it? Was it made by the government? Why are they keeping AREA 51 Closed??

Just

What???

sounds fishy. 2 policemen saw it. it could be set up cuz they both are police and might be working with each other

sounds fishy. 2 policemen saw it. it could be set up cuz they both are police and might be working with each other

To what end?

I live in Australia, and I've never heard anything about it. Unless they were "working with each other" to remain in complete obscurity I don't see how this would benefit them.

I'd say they're keeping area 51 closed because it's a government facility......

Dammit. I feel stupider after answering your question.

Good article from Down Under, thanks very much!

Regarding the photo offered, it is amazing how consistent photos from around the world can be, showing a disc with some sort of opening.

I'd say they're keeping area 51 closed because it's a government facility......

Dammit. I feel stupider after answering your question.

Because it is government it must be secret? I thought the government belongs to the people - but maybe in Australia people cannot be trusted with knowledge.

Because it is government it must be secret? I thought the government belongs to the people - but maybe in Australia people cannot be trusted with knowledge.

Yes, do you not understand defence? The point is to not let others know what you have up your sleeve. And the people vote in those that male these decisions. Do you think that every military advancement should be in the local papers? I bet Americas enemies would just love that.

It is the same everywhere, not just Australia.

• Like 1

"Transparency in government" is simply a campaign slogan. Everybody knows that they don't really MEAN it, they just like to SAY it.

And of course, WE like to HEAR it. :su