Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Wisconsin shootings

Beckys_Mom

Police say they believe at least seven people, including a gunman, have died in a shooting at a Sikh temple in Oak Creek in the US state of Wisconsin.

A police officer had been shot multiple times but was expected to survive, Greenfield Police Chief Bradley Wentlandt. He said a "civilian" was also being treated for gunshot wounds.

Police cannot confirm reports that more gunmen are inside the building.

They say the situation remains "very fluid".

Chief Wentlandt said that multiple calls had been made to the 911 emergency services number at about 10:25 local time (15:25 GMT).

He said a police officer had been sent to the scene and had "engaged an active shooter", during which he had been shot multiple times.

Police have corralled journalists outside the temple and urged them not to broadcast aerial footage that could compromise the operation.

More on this story -> http://www.bbc.co.uk...canada-19138754

Edited by Beckys_Mom

To happen to anyone is atrocious, but Sikhs tend to be so openly accepting, spiritually.

Hate crime or copy-cat inspired, doesn't matter - this crap is getting ridiculous.

• Like 6

So very sad. Too many lives lost recently.

If only there was a cure for all the hate and anger.

I fear that it will only get worse over time. People in general are becoming more stressed and fragile and the marginal ones are being pushed over the edge. I pray the wounded will be healed in time.

• Like 3

I think this is just proving how morally bankrupt America has become...

• Like 2

Wish there was some way to detect these nuts and stop them before they go on rampages like this.

• Like 3

Too much stress etc because of the econemy.

So much aggression, anger and hatred over this summer.

This is what hapopens when people start getitng into crazy debt, losing jobs, stuggling to buy food and then being called lazy for not having a job. (which they can't get) I reckon that is what is causing all this.

Wish there was some way to detect these nuts and stop them before they go on rampages like this.

Shhhhhh... You will feed the microchip stuff. lol

Edited by Coffey
  • Like 2

This is what hapopens when people start getitng into crazy debt, losing jobs, stuggling to buy food and then being called lazy for not having a job. (which they can't get) I reckon that is what is causing all this.

I can see that leading to higher suicide rates, but i'm not sure that a link can be made with incidents like this.....some people are just ill, deranged, and regardless of the economy you'll always have people do things like this.

• Like 1

Yeah. Forget that, then will be pre-crime police. I dont think the answer is more police but more rights for people and less stress as Coffey stated...

• Like 1

If only there was a cure for all the hate and anger.

There is, it's called "tolerance".

It is, IIRC, a Christian Virtue.

• Like 2

Great shame for the loss of life.

Hope this type of thing comes to an end soon.

Thanks,

"four gunmen" - witness

"four white males who were dressed darkly in black clothing came in and opened fire on our congregation"

"one of the gunmen is down, so there are three left"

[media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ecdSKi9_fs[/media]

I'll wager the tv news only mentions one gunman.

Edited by Little Fish

There is, it's called "tolerance".

It is, IIRC, a Christian Virtue.

But WOH, of all the world's religions Sikhism is probably THE most tolerant of the views of others. That being said, they're definately not immune from violence and terrorism. The Air India bombing and the Golden Temple massacre come immediately to mind.

Edited by Likely Guy
  • Like 1

"four gunmen" - witness

"four white males who were dressed darkly in black clothing came in and opened fire on our congregation"

"one of the gunmen is down, so there are three left"

[media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ecdSKi9_fs[/media]

I'll wager the tv news only mentions one gunman.

Let the conspiracy theories begin... :rolleyes:

I bet it was due to some personal grievance. Nothing but my opinion.

Just going by what little Ive read about this, most likely a 'superpatriot' radical who mistook Sikhs for Muslims?...........it happened alot in Texas immediately following 9/11.....its just a shame. Very sad whenever any innocents lose their lives.

But then again, may be someone off their meds.......who knows? disturbing no matter why!

• Like 2

How is it "conspiracy theory" when the guy clearly states there was more than one shooter? Also he is correct when he says that eh news is still basically claiming only one shooter as of now...

Edited by Test Theory
  • Like 1

How is it "conspiracy theory" when the guy clearly states there was more than one shooter? Also he is correct when he says that eh news is still basically claiming only one shooter as of now...

It is conspiracy theory when people start theorizing about whether or not the mainstream media will misrepresent the facts. Go back and read the post I was quoting. Unless of course...

pib.jpg

• Like 3

4 shooters and only 6 dead?? idk something doesn't add up, where were other 3 shooters when one of them was shooting at the cop??

but it wont be hard to find out, if shoots were fired from 1 gun or 4 different guns.

One of my friends from high school is Sikh.

His family is quite formal - his grandfather is a writer in India.

They are quite intelligent, respectful, patient, level headed people.

It is quite saddening that this happened..

• Like 2

Shhhhhh... You will feed the microchip stuff. lol

'when you have lost everything and have nothing left to lose you lose it' --Gerald Celente

• Like 1

4 shooters and only 6 dead?? idk something doesn't add up, where were other 3 shooters when one of them was shooting at the cop??

but it wont be hard to find out, if shoots were fired from 1 gun or 4 different guns.

perhaps a targeted hit with one patsy

The Police said 4 as well originally. So did the media.

I can see that leading to higher suicide rates, but i'm not sure that a link can be made with incidents like this.....some people are just ill, deranged, and regardless of the economy you'll always have people do things like this.

Even with everyone happy things like this happen. So you are right, I just it will push people who where on the edge of doing it.

Edited by Coffey

It is conspiracy theory when people start theorizing about whether or not the mainstream media will misrepresent the facts.

now the corporate-government media would NEVER do such a thing. LOL.

its the default position.