Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Would you ever...

Mnemonix

Would you ever...  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Would you ever convert to Islam

This is just a question, I want to hear your opinion. Nothing more.

Would you ever convert to Islam.

Why?

I'm not suggesting anything, it's just a question. So go easy, please. Thank you.

I just want to know your opinion, because "Islam is the world's fastest growing religion" and some people are convinced it's the truth.

While, others are very much against it. So I want to know your reason.

• Like 2

It does not resonate for me. I find the history of it ,very interesting ,but it is too restrictive for woman. I would say I feel the same way about orthodox Judaism.

I was raised catholic,and i am pagan,as far as religion goes. The only religion I've ever considered converting to,is Buddhism.

I seriously considered it at one point .It seems natural to me.The others,do not .

• Like 5

I wouldn't because I do not believe in any gods or their silly worship rituals.

• Like 2

After experiencing christianity, I have no desire to convert to *any* religion.

• Like 7

I would happily live in an islamic country in the same relationship to god that I live in in a christian country. In other words i'd happily undertake the formalities of a religion if required, while retaining exactly the same personal relationship withe same god i have now I'd be a gaen, a pagan, a jew, a buddhist, jainist, sikh or whatever, as aprt of a community but my allegiance and relationship is to and with god, not the religion. I f the religion asked me to do something against the teachings ethics and moralities of the god i know as a teacher mentor and protector, then i would follow god not the religion. I do that now with christianity. ,

• Like 3

After experiencing christianity, I have no desire to convert to *any* religion.

What Rlyeh said...

• Like 1

I wouldn't. I've no desire to convert to any religion that is restrictive to people like islam and christianity is. Plus, of course, islamic countries and extremeists don't do it any favors either.

• Like 3

I'm not religious

Edited for spelling

Edited by Quaentum

I just want to know your opinion, because "Islam is the world's fastest growing religion" and some people are convinced it's the truth.

Fastest growing religion or not, I thought religion was on the decline (especially in the western world). As far as I am concerned the principles of most religion gave us a great basis to build our societies on, but now they just get in the way of our progress and unity. By joining one religion you are closing more doors than you open.

• Like 3

I believe in a "higher power". But I also believe ALL religion is man-made bs. The idea that any man, woman or group can even begin to think they understand what this higher power is and what it wants is absolutely ridiculous to me.

• Like 4

I would not convert. I don't like their traditions, beliefs or ideologies. AT ALL.

I am an Islamicphobe, down to the bone, but I would still pick them up off the street if they fell.

• Like 2

I'm spiritual and I believe it is possible there could be some infinite being out there that is ... somehow... a source of existence, but I refuse to define such a thing because I couldn't have enough understanding to do so.

Most religions are based on ancient documents that cannot be verified and are barely understood, and building such a structured system around such things is ridiculous to me. Some say that is what faith is for, but my faith lies in the idea that there is more truth in the patterns of nature, space and time than what any person or people could write.

• Like 2

why not if i liked the ideas sure maybe one day, for now probably not im kinda on a different mind set then most people.

Fastest growing religion or not, I thought religion was on the decline (especially in the western world). As far as I am concerned the principles of most religion gave us a great basis to build our societies on, but now they just get in the way of our progress and unity. By joining one religion you are closing more doors than you open.

i seriously dont understand why some of you on here are so heated towards religion.
  • Like 1

Why?

I'm not suggesting anything, it's just a question. So go easy, please. Thank you.

Have you considered taking up the faith ?

I also notice no one has voted yes !!

Edited by Beckys_Mom

i seriously dont understand why some of you on here are so heated towards religion.

Actually a lot of believers will not like religion, and many times have come on here to make that statement they simply do not like organised religion of any kind, they prefer to pride themselves more on their personal relationship with God.. I find it understandable... We all have our own ideas and beliefs.. Each to their own...

• Like 1

Short answer, no.

BUT I do not see anything wrong with people being Muslim it's their choice. I do however think it is not right for anyone to be forced into any religion, but that isn't the question here. (Forcing religion just causes hate)

I like to call myself "spiritual" and not religious. I like to think about things and discuss them with people. I do not follow a religion though, I feel doing so would stop me from being as open minded as I am. I don't want a "doctrine" to stick to. I want to be free and think freely with no restrictions. I admire people who keep their religions to themselves though, I don't like preachers or extremists.

If you truly believe your religion or beliefs are true then you should not feel the need to force them upon others. You should accept that others will find their own way in their own time, accepting others can have different beliefs to you will make your own beliefs stronger in yourself in my opinion.. I will ask someone about their beliefs if I want to hear about it.

In my opinion if everyone was like this, the world would be a lot more peaceful.

Edited by Coffey
  • Like 1

Not heated really, just disappointed that so many use religion as a shield/excuse for 'un-religious' activity.

The average citizen should be intelligent enough to make up their own minds on religion (and IMO discard it), yet most follow what our parents blindly followed. Regardless of whether there is a God(s) or not religion does more to divide than it does to unite (on a world wide scale not a community scale), this thread is a great example of that.

• Like 3

Why?

The only issue I see with "Islam" at least to me is the fact they consider "Jesus Christ" nothing more than a simple prophet. Then again, I follow him and him only, and I also take no part in ANY religion.

There is no way I would ever convert to Islam. Its too controlling for women and puts women as less of a person than a man. Any religion that condones killing someone just because they aren't married or they cheated isn't for me.

Not heated really, just disappointed that so many use religion as a shield/excuse for 'un-religious' activity.

The average citizen should be intelligent enough to make up their own minds on religion (and IMO discard it), yet most follow what our parents blindly followed. Regardless of whether there is a God(s) or not religion does more to divide than it does to unite (on a world wide scale not a community scale), this thread is a great example of that.

but are you not just dividing by separating people into "well they believe in god so they are sheep" and "hey they think science is the way and hate religion so they must be a logical thinker" then just accepting people for what they like? now a bad person is a bad person does it matter why they did something? and i think people are always going to be divided no matter what we do, if everyone decided fish is the best food there will be people that will be like "well i actually like beef better" boom divided, it just seem immature to me to call out someone's belief the way you guys on here do sometimes.
  • Like 2

There is no way I would ever convert to Islam. Its too controlling for women and puts women as less of a person than a man. Any religion that condones killing someone just because they aren't married or they cheated isn't for me.

Out of curiosity what religion are you apart of? (I'm sure you have said before and I've forgotten)

but are you not just dividing by separating people into "well they believe in god so they are sheep" and "hey they think science is the way and hate religion so they must be a logical thinker" then just accepting people for what they like? now a bad person is a bad person does it matter why they did something? and i think people are always going to be divided no matter what we do, if everyone decided fish is the best food there will be people that will be like "well i actually like beef better" boom divided, it just seem immature to me to call out someone's belief the way you guys on here do sometimes.

No I am not dividing anybody, just sharing my opinion on religion. I do not hate religion (I mentioned it is the building blocks of civilisation), I just think it is a flawed concept. You are spot on about us being divided whatever our situation, if its not religion its race or sex. Remove religion, sex and race from the world then, eye colour, height, taste, will become ways of dividing ourselves (they already are). You must admit the divisions caused in the modern world by religion do not compare to the examples you mentioned.

Its a bit much throwing the word 'immature' into the mix (I am sure you mean this a generalisation rather than aimed at myself), I could have labelled people that followed religion as 'unintelligent' but thought better of it as it could have been seen as immature or inflammatory.

We all call out each others beliefs all the time on UM, every time a thread mentions God/Religion/Faith/Afterlife/Devil it is calling out my beliefs, please don't take my comments too personally or as an attack on your beliefs. You are just as entitled to your beliefs as I am entitled to not believing them. :)

Edited by Junior Chubb

Have you considered taking up the faith ?

I also notice no one has voted yes !!

I'm a Muslim, was raised that way. But am becoming uncertain.

God doesn't seem to be the Loving, Merciful God I perceived Him to be. When practicing, I don't feel like myself. So now I feel lost.

• Like 2