Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Olympic ouster brings marijuana issue up

questionmark

That still is not legal.

yes, i guess you right.

illegal technically, but legal DE facto.

Edited by aztek

it is read up

Still not legal.

In fact there is not a single country where it is legal, the last was the Comoros but when the US menaced with taken away the foreign aid it was made illegal (though no penalties are specified for either trading or consuming as in Nepal).

Edited by questionmark

22px-Flag_of_Iran.svg.pngIran

See 'Notes'

Regulated: Legal, Unregulated: Illegal

Legal

Growing cannabis is legal if planted for food purposes as the seeds are eaten by the Iranian people, and companies often draw oil from the seeds which is sold legally. A person is allowed to carry up to 15g of cannabis legally; for every gram above they will be charged 10000 Rials.

Still not legal.

In fact there is not a single country where it is legal, the last was the Comoros but when the US menaced with taken away the foreign aid it was made illegal (though no penalties are specified for either trading or consuming as in Nepal).

yea i edited my post, you are correct. seem like every country has law prohibiting it, but on some conditions it is legal in some places.

hey when you right, you right, i can't deny that

22px-Flag_of_Iran.svg.pngIran

See 'Notes'

Legal

Growing cannabis is legal if planted for food purposes as the seeds are eaten by the Iranian people, and companies often draw oil from the seeds which is sold legally. A person is allowed to carry up to 15g of cannabis legally; for every gram above they will be charged 10000 Rials.

Ah, yes, forgot that one, but the legality is only for the seeds. Smoking it is still illegal.

screw smoking, brownies ftw

Eating the seeds does nothing to you. It is like eating poppy seeds on the bread.

Eating the seeds does nothing to you. It is like eating poppy seeds on the bread.

google pot brownies, :yes: not seeds, but not smoking either

Edited by aztek

As usual, wrong. In the Netherlands Marihuana is not really legal but laws not enforced as long as it remains in civil amounts as enforcement is seen to be contra productive. And that is not only the Netherlands it is also Spain and Portugal (there also hard drugs) as long as you are not selling the stuff.

Really? I did not know that. I do know that last time I was in Amsterdam I went to a bar and imbibed. Then when I went to the airport I was asked if I had anything that was legal in The Netherlands but not legal elsewhere in Europe. Guess they didn't know either, which I do find surprising.

As far as you first statement, while we are all entitled to our own opinions no one is entitled to their own reality. So I will ask to prove I'm usually wrong, or just take that as your misguided opinion instead of a fact. You know what they say about opinions. :innocent:

It is interesting that the most decorated Olympic athlete ever is an avowed pot smoker. :gun:

pot didn't hurt Phelps to get 19 gold medals, and didn't make him fall for stronger drugs, as it advertised everywhere, "pot is gateway drug" yea right.

funny, pot is class one drug, cocaine class 2 so federal government sees pot more dangerous than cocaine. yet they claim smoking pot will make one go for stronger drugs like cocaine after. so what is stronger, pot or cocke?

something doesn't add up.

Edited by aztek

pot didn't hurt Phelps to get 19 gold medals, and didn't make him fall for stronger drugs, as it advertised everywhere, "pot is gateway drug" yea right.

funny, pot is class one drug, cocaine class 2 so federal government sees pot more dangerous than cocaine. yet they claim smoking pot will make one go for stronger drugs like cocaine after. so what is stronger, pot or cocke?

something doesn't add up.

Sure does, ask the Medellin cartel how much they give through straw men to politicians so nothing changes.

Sure does, ask the Medellin cartel how much they give through straw men to politicians so nothing changes.

it would be sence to ask this guy Harry Jacob Anslinger.

but i don't doubt Medellin cartel has greased hand of us politicians, as do Mexican cartels now.

Edited by aztek