Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Deja Vu during day and dreams coming true?

Ryan295

I'm 16 going on 17 this November.

Ever since I was a little kid I have always been more, I don't know, in tune I guess with the supernatural I guess, but I'm not certain.

Dreams that come true have been happening since I can remember, but it's usually just seemingly unimportant stuff. Occasionally I will dream of things like a TV show coming on and I turn on the TV to that show later on even though I never watch TV very much anymore.

My deja vu experiences are becoming strange as well. Just today I was watching a movie in the living room with my brother and cousin, and I was like "DEJA VU. Hey (my cousin's name) my mom is coming down in like a second just watch."(because she wanted to watch TV) And sure enough my mother comes walking into the room exactly like I felt it. I'm not even sure if that is actually considered deja vu?

Even like if I just am sitting on my laptop doing something random I will say in my head, "Great I have to pick up dog crap" and then without me doing anything I hear yelled up the stairs to do just that (this applies to other activities as well).

I'm also able to predict what people are going to say and I can even read thoughts by just looking at someone.

This is not a joke I am very serious. I want to hear if anyone else is the same because it honestly really creeps me out and I don't know what it all means.

(When I say "I can even read thoughts by just looking at someone". It usually needs to be a very real moment I can't just force myself to be like asked by someone what they're thinking you know?)

Has anyone experienced the same? Do you think these things will develop? They seem so have become stronger with age, especially the knowing what people are thinking thing.

I don't know if this matters but my grandmother on my dad's side is really spiritual and dreams of things that happen as well, she told me a long time ago about her experiences. Like dreaming of planes crashing on fire. She's also part Native American so she's really into spirits and that type of stuff.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ryan295

• Ever Learning

• Simbi Laveau

• notoverrated

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Joined today ~

That's all very interesting .Maybe you have precognition

I'm 16 going on 17 this November.

Ever since I was a little kid I have always been more, I don't know, in tune I guess with the supernatural I guess, but I'm not certain.

Dreams that come true have been happening since I can remember, but it's usually just seemingly unimportant stuff. Occasionally I will dream of things like a TV show coming on and I turn on the TV to that show later on even though I never watch TV very much anymore.

My deja vu experiences are becoming strange as well. Just today I was watching a movie in the living room with my brother and cousin, and I was like "DEJA VU. Hey (my cousin's name) my mom is coming down in like a second just watch."(because she wanted to watch TV) And sure enough my mother comes walking into the room exactly like I felt it. I'm not even sure if that is actually considered deja vu?

Even like if I just am sitting on my laptop doing something random I will say in my head, "Great I have to pick up dog crap" and then without me doing anything I hear yelled up the stairs to do just that (this applies to other activities as well).

I'm also able to predict what people are going to say and I can even read thoughts by just looking at someone.

This is not a joke I am very serious. I want to hear if anyone else is the same because it honestly really creeps me out and I don't know what it all means.

(When I say "I can even read thoughts by just looking at someone". It usually needs to be a very real moment I can't just force myself to be like asked by someone what they're thinking you know?)

Has anyone experienced the same? Do you think these things will develop? They seem so have become stronger with age, especially the knowing what people are thinking thing.

I don't know if this matters but my grandmother on my dad's side is really spiritual and dreams of things that happen as well, she told me a long time ago about her experiences. Like dreaming of planes crashing on fire. She's also part Native American so she's really into spirits and that type of stuff.

i think everyone feels that way. its more of putting your self in their shoes then actually reading their mind.

i have the dejavu dreams as well, as for knowing what people are thinking it does feel like i can do this but i thinks its just empathy and knowing out people think in general.

What Ever Learning said,

Welcome and enjoy the forums!

Thanks,

Thinking you are (or experiencing) reading people's thoughts is common in schizophrenia I think. Same is frequent deja vus.

That’s not déjà vu. It’s prescient experience. If you’re looking for an answer as to why you can, or how it’s even possible however, then empirical science cannot provide you with an answer outside of mights and maybes, or some equally mystical hash involving quantum something or another. Sadly, I’ve yet to find an answer as to how it’s even possible (by which I mean, even possible without psycho-physiological alternatives).

Be careful making statements like “I’m also able to predict” if you cannot do it 100% of the time –that’s not how it “works”, which you’ve pointed out indirectly. Doing otherwise is like to only get you dog-piled by the skeptic and the fearful alike, which neither contributes nor solves anything while usually just creating a negative environment for all but the antagonists themselves.

That said, I’ve been there done that (never by choice, always by coincidence). Having experienced this directly, and being quite rational in my approach to things, I’ve done much research in bio-psychology, various religions (actually my collegiate minor), psychoanalytic symbolism, etc. There ARE conditions, some of which are hereditary, that can lead to these sorts of experiences. Likewise, there are certain types of trauma that can alter memory perception and make things appear to actually be recorded back to us (re-membered) as if they had happened prior to our actually knowing, even though that’s not truly how it worked in the first place.

Without a controlled environment, it’s difficult to tell. And no one has the time to sit around for hours, days, weeks, months – however long it takes – to have another seemingly-random experience.

For my own part, I’ve been variously tested as part of voluntary studies (cause they got to learn how to do it trial-wise before the real deal, and it’s fun besides). No genetic predispositions, no trauma, no triggers, no adulterants – which leaves only diet and/or activity. Fair enough, diet could be it – though a repeat diet, right down to time and activity, results in no repeat experience. So … dunno.

That’s for the waking prescience. Dreaming prescience is another monster altogether, since you can write down the details in your dreams far ahead of time, only to find out later that they’ve occurred after the fact. Note “details” – otherwise it does nothing but substantiate the probability game. The dreaming variant is far more reliable, insofar as testing your experiences, than the waking variant because of this one condition.

In the end though, just accept it for what it is and remain aware. Realize that it's a rarity, which typically scares others more than it does you.

If it becomes something more than the prescience you’ve shared, then maybe start looking to have some tests done to see if everything’s wired correctly.

Edited by Sevastiel

That’s not déjà vu. It’s prescient experience. If you’re looking for an answer as to why you can, or how it’s even possible however, then empirical science cannot provide you with an answer outside of mights and maybes, or some equally mystical hash involving quantum something or another. Sadly, I’ve yet to find an answer as to how it’s even possible (by which I mean, even possible without psycho-physiological alternatives).

Be careful making statements like “I’m also able to predict” if you cannot do it 100% of the time –that’s not how it “works”, which you’ve pointed out indirectly. Doing otherwise is like to only get you dog-piled by the skeptic and the fearful alike, which neither contributes nor solves anything while usually just creating a negative environment for all but the antagonists themselves.

That said, I’ve been there done that (never by choice, always by coincidence). Having experienced this directly, and being quite rational in my approach to things, I’ve done much research in bio-psychology, various religions (actually my collegiate minor), psychoanalytic symbolism, etc. There ARE conditions, some of which are hereditary, that can lead to these sorts of experiences. Likewise, there are certain types of trauma that can alter memory perception and make things appear to actually be recorded back to us (re-membered) as if they had happened prior to our actually knowing, even though that’s not truly how it worked in the first place.

Without a controlled environment, it’s difficult to tell. And no one has the time to sit around for hours, days, weeks, months – however long it takes – to have another seemingly-random experience.

For my own part, I’ve been variously tested as part of voluntary studies (cause they got to learn how to do it trial-wise before the real deal, and it’s fun besides). No genetic predispositions, no trauma, no triggers, no adulterants – which leaves only diet and/or activity. Fair enough, diet could be it – though a repeat diet, right down to time and activity, results in no repeat experience. So … dunno.

That’s for the waking prescience. Dreaming prescience is another monster altogether, since you can write down the details in your dreams far ahead of time, only to find out later that they’ve occurred after the fact. Note “details” – otherwise it does nothing but substantiate the probability game. The dreaming variant is far more reliable, insofar as testing your experiences, than the waking variant because of this one condition.

In the end though, just accept it for what it is and remain aware. Realize that it's a rarity, which typically scares others more than it does you.

If it becomes something more than the prescience you’ve shared, then maybe start looking to have some tests done to see if everything’s wired correctly.

Thank you very much. I like that you gave me very real information and different reasons for this weirdness.

Also about the thing in red I said that's not how it works because it really only happens randomly and in like everyday situations. It's similar to the show That's so Raven if you will haha!

But anyways I consider myself a very normal teenager and others do as well, but I guess I'm secretly schizophrenic without even knowing it? Lol I sure hope not...

Edited by Ryan295