Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

time traveller caught on tape?

littlelugs76

whilst looking on a different forum i cam across this you tube clip i apologise if it has already been posted and discussed but i wondered what you guys would make of it, it is a bit long winded but bare with it [media=]

[/media]

i have watched the footage several times and cant really explain it either but im not that technologically minded. is it a person with mental issues? is it someone with a hearing device or is it indeed someone with technology from the future.

i look forward to your comments

• Like 1

• Like 1

LOL mental issues why say that?

As for the film... Kazoo sums it up

Thanks for the post and welcome to the forums,

Enjoy

There's nothing even in her hand, lol. You can see the shadow of her hand. Maybe she has a cell phone in the exact shape of her hand. :w00t:

Pretty fun stuff, though.

Edited by _Only
  • Like 1

OK i said i cant explain it, but i never said i believed it! the reason i stated mental illness because why else would you be talking to yourself lol. the bloke who explains does a decent job however he comes across as a condecending too,l and if i wasnt looking for the explanations i would have turned off after 30 secs, ok debunk stuff thats what we are all trying to do but dont come across as such a smug idiot!!!

Is this clip still doing the rounds, just ask yourself this, who was she on the phone to, how was the signal sent?

Its a bit like saying if you had a TV at when the ancient Olympics was on you could have watched the Olympics live.... Common sense tells us otherwise, if you could have powered your TV you would just have got a fuzzy screen.

• Like 1

whilst looking on a different forum i cam across this you tube clip i apologise if it has already been posted and discussed but i wondered what you guys would make of it, it is a bit long winded but bare with it

i have watched the footage several times and cant really explain it either but im not that technologically minded. is it a person with mental issues? is it someone with a hearing device or is it indeed someone with technology from the future.

i look forward to your comments

Why do you avoid using capital letters?

• Like 1

Why do you avoid using capital letters?

Because he can travel back in time and add them tomorrow (yesterday) to make your post look absurd. :tu:

• Like 4

OK i said i cant explain it, but i never said i believed it! the reason i stated mental illness because why else would you be talking to yourself lol. the bloke who explains does a decent job however he comes across as a condecending too,l and if i wasnt looking for the explanations i would have turned off after 30 secs, ok debunk stuff thats what we are all trying to do but dont come across as such a smug idiot!!!

Yeah, but he wasn't really being that smug. I liked his message at the end about us feeling free to entertain ideas of the unknown or paranormal, but not to instantly dive headfirst into believing what we are often being fed.

But I agree, that woman must have either been the biggest ham, or one of the worst actresses, to give the display she did in that scene as a random walking extra. Seriously, you just have to walk by, old lady! :P

I actually assumed it was just one of hoovers spies,with high tech gear ,watching chaplin.

Chaplin was haunted by those people,and accused of being a communist etc etc.

It's entirely possible they had technology for this.They watched chaplin where ever he went .

You can assume he was at this function so .

The fact It's a guy in drag ,spoke volumes ,to me anyway .I def thought it was someone with some high tech stuff,spying on chaplin .

In no way is it a time travler .

However,someone,somewhere...posted pictures of what hearing aides looked like at the time,and It's a ringer for it.

Who he she is talking to though,is anyone's guess.

This was on the news a few years back.

I wonder why people would assume that if we mastered time travel... we'd still be using cell phones at all. Also, since we would have mastered time travel, wouldn't we also have mastered comucations while doing so... regardles of the destination times current technological state?

No, I don't think this is a time traveler, the head scratching thing is much much more plausible. As is the hearing aid or governemt spy idea someone posted. Now, if the video was several minutes longer, and that pose held... maybe there'd be something worth thinking about. As for the person "talking to someone", well, maybe they're simply cursing buying such an itchy hat, out loud. We've all done it.

Why when someone comments on a post do some people find their lives so sad that they need to pick on gramatical mistakes,, jeees i thought this was a paranormal discussion group not an english grammar lesson, guess i was wrong and the answer to all our questions will come if we use the correct grammar.

When i die i'd like to return as a perfect person so i can make other people feel small about their spelling/grammar etc. just so i can say i am well endowed too.

Thanks i will invest in english lessons to perfect my writing style because it's so hard to understand obviously.

i can honestly say i now understand why people don't bother with second post's. Thanks to all those who responded helpfully, but i think i will take my bad grammar and find a group that is a bit more tolerant.

Edited by littlelugs76
  • Like 2

Why when someone comments on a post do some people find their lives so sad that they need to pick on gramatical mistakes,, jeees i thought this was a paranormal discussion group not an english grammar lesson, guess i was wrong and the answer to all our questions will come if we use the correct grammar.

When i die i'd like to return as a perfect person so i can make other people feel small about their spelling/grammar etc. just so i can say i am well endowed too.

Thanks i will invest in english lessons to perfect my writing style because it's so hard to understand obviously.

i can honestly say i now understand why people don't bother with second post's. Thanks to all those who responded helpfully, but i think i will take my bad grammar and find a group that is a bit more tolerant.

Ignore bashers .

They are irrelevant .

but i think i will take my bad grammar and find a group that is a bit more tolerant.

Like this one maybe? (http://www.usingenglish.com/forum/) ;)

Stick around littlelugs76, just re-read your posts back to yourself before you click the post button. It was easier when we used to have a preview button (I think we used to have one).

It is easier to read a post that is well punctuated, and that post will then be read by more people and be taken more seriously (sad but true). You don't need to be perfect, just legible. You seemed upset by another post too, don't let these things get to you, there are thousands of users here on UM and they all have something different to say.

Keep on posting... :tu:

• Like 2

HA HA HA I like a good laugh this is hilarious but I did notice the mustang convertible parked out the front the one with the black & white pin stripes. :yes: :yes: :yes:

While nitpicking grammar is rude (and against UM rules) we do encourage posters to al least try and use basic sentence structure (capital letters) and paragraphs in order to make reading the text easier. I mean, if one wants others to read their post then it has to be the clearest it can be, right? If English is a person's second language or if they're dyslexic then others need to cut them some slack. Basically, everyone simply needs to try their best to communicate clearly and be polite in the process.

• Like 4

The fact It's a guy in drag ,spoke volumes ,to me anyway .I def thought it was someone with some high tech stuff,spying on chaplin .

In no way is it a time travler .

of course it's no time traveller, but to say it blunt: a cross-dressing spy with some steampunk gadget spying on ol' Charlie is also far out!! :D

Not to mention.........how's that cell phone going to work in the twenties anyway? No cell phone towers, no microwave transmitters and what telephony communication that they did have was completely manual........or womanual (?) because you had to call an operator and have them connect you to the phone on the other end. Talk about reaching out and touching someone? However, this *snicker* time traveler is yakking away to someone on her super futuristic cell phone that she still has to hold up to her ear........uh-huh........out in the open, while she's incognito on a time traveling excursion and happens to be accidentally captured on film on the set of a movie being shot with the giant cameras of the day and she missed it..............maybe because she was yakking on her stinking cell phone.

Wow, I wish this guy would share some of what he's been smoking with me so I could get that high too that that makes sense.

Happy Toking!

Edited by keninsc

\do some people find their lives so sad that they need to pick on gramatical mistakes

Have you ever been on the internet?

• Like 1

You know, we're all thinking futuristic and cell phones and stuff. Suppose this was a time traveler from the 1960's or early 70's with a transistor radio singing along to a song?

of course it's no time traveller, but to say it blunt: a cross-dressing spy with some steampunk gadget spying on ol' Charlie is also far out!! :D

Why do people keep saying it is a cross dressing man, besides the person in the video saying it is? What features make it a man? I see a woman, because she is wearing women's clothes. No other distinguishable features are making their way to me on gender.

I live in nyc,that's a dude in women's clothes. Trust me .