Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Why is Kurdistan not free?

SteveBronfman

Kurdistan has been occupied by Turkey, Syria, Iran and Iraq (recently partially freed by the Americans) for generations. Why is this allowed?

Why does the world not help Kurds gain their freedom?

Where are the UN resolutions?

Where are the Muslim and Leftist groups protesting for Kurdish freedom, are they less worthy than Palestinians or Tibetans?

Why does the media hardly report this yet obsess over their darlings the Palestinians?

Turkey invaded Iraqi Kurdistan last year and killed hundreds but this was hardly reported.

Free Kurdistan!

kurdistan.gif

Edited by SteveBronfman
  • Like 1

Nice topic,

Probs beacuse the world super powers dont want to rock the boat.

Like they dont want to do with palistine.

Thanks for the interesting topic

Thanks,

Israel is a "low hanging fruit" to attack because Israel has no natual alliies whereas no one wants to take on the Muslims politically with their oil control and backing of the Muslim UN voting block. Turkey gets a free ride to occupy both the Kurds and also Northern Cyprus.

• Like 1

Google "Kurds" & "Yezidis", and read how nice these Kurds themselves are to other minorities...

Two wrongs don't make a right and Yezidis are Kurds but just not Muslims.

No, Yezidis are not Kurds, they do speak the same language however.

If I go live in China and speak Chinese, does that make me Chinese??

===

5.The Kurdistan Regional Government (KRG) must end its use of militias force against the Yezidi civilians, including assimilations of Kurdification; attacks and bribes to the Kurdification involving behind the seen. Moreover, KRG must stop land seizures of Yezidis regions; agricultural farms; arbitrary arrests and imprisonment; torture; assassinations; expulsions; curfews; travel restrictions in Northern Iraq; abuse at checkpoints; raids; collective punishment; and other violations of human rights

http://www.yezidihumanrights.org/

"Kurdification"....

A slaughter of the Yezidis occurred in April, 2007, when 23 of them were murdered by Kurdish Moslems. But this is only the most recent attempt at Yezidi massacre by Moslem extremists.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:4Ps7PuLqTBoJ:www.yeziditruth.org/yezidi_genocide+&cd=4&hl=nl&ct=clnk&gl=nl&client=firefox-a

Yazidi's are Kurds. You've even stated they speak Kurdish and they like all Kurds are occupied and therefore don't live in Kurdistan they live in Turkey and Iraq mostly because KURDISTAN IS OCCUPIED which is the topic of this thread. If they weren't ethnic Kurds they would therefore, using your own example, speak Turkish and Arabic.

Edited by SteveBronfman

Yazidi's are Kurds. You've even stated they speak Kurdish and they don't live in Kurdistan they live in Turkey and Iraq mostly because KURDISTAN IS OCCUPIED which is the topic of this thread. If they weren't ethnic Kurds they would therefore, using your own example, speak Turkish and Arabic.

I also said that me speaking Chinese doesn't make me Chinese.

And I know what the topic is about, but I just added that if Kurds want to be treated humane, they should at least treat others humane too.

You really should read up about Yezidi history.

It's because of Turks and Arabs and westerners that Kurds and Yezidiis are thrown on one heap.

Edited by Abramelin

I'm familiar with them having studied the history, religion and politics of the region. They are the same linguistic and ethnic origin as Kurds eg the "Indo-Iranian" language group. That they form a seperate entity is because of relgious and not ethnic or language divisions since the Islamic conquest of Kurdistan.

Anyway, Free all Kurds no matter what religion. There are still some Jewish Kurds left in Kurdistan (I've personally talked to a few).

Interview with Aziz Tamoyan

Interview conducted by Onnik Krikorian

Aziz Tamoyan is the President of the National Union of Yezidi in Armenia.

OK: Thank you very much for giving me the opportunity to hold this interview. Could you please start by introducing yourself.

AT: This is my certificate. It is the ninth month that I am considered to be the President of Yezidi all over the world. I was elected President of the yezidi abroad, and my organisation is registered in Armenia in the Ministry of Justice.

(...)

The Yezidi have always been oppressed by the Kurds. the Kurds have physically tried to wipe out Armenians and Yezidi, and this continues today in Armenia. Yezidi are oppressed by Kurds, and many Yezidi are being converted into Yezidi-Kurd, into Moslems, with the promise of positions in a future government, and they want to claim Armenian territory too. I am greatly suprised at the indifference of the Armenian Government that is so short-sighted it can not see the danger.

From page 2 of the interview:

Please bear in mind that Yezidi are not Kurd. We are different not only in our religion, but we are also different in our language, tradition and folklore. This is a different ethnic group. This is a different nationality. We are very indignant towards this artificial term "Yezidi-Kurd". Is it a horse or a donkey, or an animal that is both a horse and a donkey. Of course not. We are either Yezidi or Kurds. There are Yezidi in Armenia. For those Yezidi that consider themselves Kurds, this is an organised campaign organised by a number of people and this is a policy that comes from the PKK, and a very dangerous policy for Armenia.

The Yezidi-Kurd is a Donkey-Horse, and I would be humiliated if someone called me a Kurd - I am a Yezidi. It was a policy of the Soviet Government, and they were trying to assimilate the Yezidi into Kurd. Yezidi are a different ethnic group, different from the Kurds.

http://www.oneworld....amoyan_002.html

But most do speak Kurdish, yes.

I will bet most Indians in Germany speak German too, lol.

Edited by Abramelin

If they want to create an independant Yedizistan thats okay with me. They're closely related to Kurds but if they've evolved to consider themselves a seperate nationality then okay. I think they're best off within Kurdistan but that's upto them. Anyway....

Free Kurdistan and Free Yedizistan!

Could you post a map of their territory?

If they want to create an independant Yedizistan thats okay with me. They're closely related to Kurds but if they've evolved to consider themselves a seperate nationality then okay. I think they're best off within Kurdistan but that's upto them. Anyway....

Free Kurdistan and Free Yedizistan!

Could you post a map of their territory?

They are most certainly NOT best off in Kurdistan; they will be massacred within a decade.

Please read the whole interview.

In Turkey they live in the area around Lalish.

Edited by Abramelin

So do they deserve independence?

They deserve having their own language and culture, and be left alone by Islamic extremists.

I think they deserve their own country then. Thanks for bringing attention to their plight. I didn't realise they were so numerous. You should post a thread about them. Are you one?

I think they deserve their own country then. Thanks for bringing attention to their plight. I didn't realise they were so numerous. You should post a thread about them. Are you one?

Well, I posted in the "Alternative History" forum here about them, in a thread called "Hall of Records".

With a link to a thread about them on my own site.

Nice topic. I don't know enough about this situation to comment fully but what I can say is that the massacres carried out against the Kurds by Turkey over the past 15 years (and no doubt longer, but as I say I don't know enough to comment) have been disgusting. The Turks have been allowed to mass bomb innocent villages, often using U.S. incursions into Iraq as an excuse for them to further whatever horrible agenda they have (the 2003 war was when they really stepped it up). They have been allowed to do this largely due to U.S. and British support - diplomatically, financially, and through arms.

i am kurd originally but i hate their obssession over the ages to divide a nation .. any nation into smaller countries

just they can have their own country and by doing that they serve enemies

they are willing to serve the devil in order to get their own country

of course not all kurds are like that

the whole " divide by race , religion , ethnic " idea came from colonists countries at first place

and only a dumb person would fall for it " the world is not short on those though "

KOS Kurds united would not be a small nation but one of the largest in the region with over 30 million. Larger than Syria or Iraq for instance.

It's a pity you've been Arabised to such an extent you don't want independence.

yeah it's pity isn't ?

i know it's dissapointing to see that the " divide and conquer " concept didn't work on all kurds

to divide countries based on ethnics .. how typical and old method of murderous colonist west

ummm you do reliaze that it was the west who came out with that idea at first place don't you ?

divide people .. make them weak , wage war or control them by dictators pftt

i'll be the first one to support the muslims uniting though .. am sure that makes combination for your nightmares :D

now imagin how big and powerful that would be

Edited by Knight Of Shadows

Muslims will never unite. You have too many ideological divisions. There's almost no Muslim countries without civil conflict today (I know you'll blame someone else for this because you can't take responsibility for anything).

maybe muslims will unit .. under a civil rule :P

that's double standard of you .. kurds also have many divisons

I'm just not sure why you attack me for supporting a Free Kurdistan. It will still be many times larger than Israel so I'm not sure how you can even logically think it's a divide and rule tactic.

I do think that the creation of the Palestinian identity in the last 50 years is a great tactic for Israel though. Arabs lap it up and even on this forum argue that there's so many differences between them and say, Jordanians, not realising that the previous ideology in vogue was pan-Arabism. Pan-Arabism is far-fetched but "greater Syrianism" isn't. If I were the Arabs I'd unite Syria, Jordan, Palestine, Lebanon, Free Kurdistan and then create a economnic federation including Israel and maybe Turkey and Iraq. This would be a very very powerful group and would lead to economic prosperity for all involved. This block would be one of the world's economic powerhouses. It's a pity that Arabs, Israelis and Kurds let the European leftists ideology's keep them from achieving success and in a constant state of war and civil war. The only one benefiting is Europeans in case you haven't noticed.