Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

University receives $5M to study afterlife

Saru

i hope they come up with something. other than "the brain shows you what you want to see or believe to see based on religion or movies, to calm you as you pass from this existence." because if they tell us that, it was a huge waste of money.

I'm studying the afterlife, I'll happily accept $1M

But if It's all scientific jargon,how can any of it be truely corroborated by any of the actual researchers,unless they do stuff like in the movie Flatliners.

5 million would be much better spent on say the dept of education ,or green alternatives for better living .

We all die.We will know soon enough ,what's there.

Feh.

• Like 1

Well, I believe theres an afterlife and I think that they are on the earth paralell to us. You don't have to believe me, but life after death shoul'd be respected as an equal to what life is here. All the same things happen in continuation for those that die young, and they live out thier lives in the same way as if life had not stoppped. So nothing is better or worse, it's considered the same. The thing is if you die, your not richer.

If I died a poor man, for example homeless, I think I woul'd eventually work out that I woul'd be homeless in my next life. But I have this thing going on where I think I have contact with the afterlife ( who'm I don't think are really dead)....and Ive made a few friends. So if I get 1045 dollars a month, I still get that afterwards and a few thousand friends to welcome me..... NO heaven or hell but just earth. OF course when your 120 years old and you eventually die, I don't think you actually live on earth anymore...there woul'd be too little space for you. So therefore there is the concept of Heaven which houses all those that are in the old age area.

Thats what I think. Like I said though you don't have to believe me or take my word for it....

'

I'm studying the afterlife, I'll happily accept $1M

Me too, all I want is £10...

Me too, all I want is £10...

My you're a cheap date ...*runs away*

• Like 1

i don't know if it's any different from reincarnation, but I believe we all have a past life, next life.. etc

• 1 month later...

Another waste of Tax Payer dollars.

“We will be very careful in documenting near-death experiences and other phenomena, trying to figure out if these offer plausible glimpses of an afterlife or are biologically induced illusions,” Fischer said in a statement. “Our approach will be uncompromisingly scientifically rigorous. We’re not going to spend money to study alien-abduction reports."

People have been studying this Phenomena for Years. This University group doesn't need 3mill bull ****.

• 3 months later...

When they say near death experiences do they mean when you die and come back to life, or an event that takes place where you ALMOST die?

• 3 weeks later...

This is very interesting. I would like to hear about the research that will be done on this.