Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mother hiccups up to 100 times a day

Still Waters

For most of us a bout of hiccups is annoying, but lasts no more than a few minutes. Spare a thought, then, for Lisa Doherty - who has suffered from hiccups every day for almost five years.

Ms Doherty, 24, began hiccuping in January 2008 while pregnant with her daughter Emily, and has continued to hiccup up to 100 times a day ever since.

http://www.dailymail...nant-child.html

• Like 1

That would be so annoying. I had problems with one of my eyes twitching once and stuff like that can make you crazy.

This has been know to happen to people with MS. She should see a neurologist. The doctor who told her it was because she talked to much should have his license taken away. Stupid doctor, my doctors know better than to say something like that to me. They get a lecture about saying "I don't know". Not to scare you Hil, but the first time I was diagnosed with MS it was eye twitching that alerted my Neuro it might be multiple sclerosis. You might want to get that checked out.

• Like 1

Rather be dead.

LOL.

Edited by Super-Fly

I've had the same thing for three or four years now. Doesn't happen in the usual large repeated bouts that hiccups typically come in, maybe two or three in an hour at max. Usually one every couple hours or so. Very loud and powerful, which was also different from any hiccups I'd had before this.

Around the same time that it started I also began getting bouts of horrendously strong sulfur burps. Almost enough to make you nauseous at times. It all seems to be related to some type of digestion issue to me. Both tend to only occur after meals, seemingly specific, or perhaps just large, meals. Caffeine/carbonated sodas seeming to make both far worse.

Come to think of it, I don't think I've experienced the sulfur burps in a few months.

Whenever our washing machine starts rumbling and tumbling, I just whack it and it stops. I say we cut her open and just backhand the muscle or whatever it is that causes the hiccups (its that bar like muscle across the bottom of your lungs or whatnot).

• 2 weeks later...

She managed to have another daughter while suffering this so... I don't know whether to be impressed with her partner or sympathetic. :unsure2:

• 1 month later...

There is a guy in Kazakhstan who has had an experience of successful treating this sort of hiccups, he a licenced traditional healer (24 years of practice) and is ready to help Lisa Doherty with her problem. If she is interested she could come in contact with me. The old man doesn't speak English. It's not a commercial!