Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

"I have found a mathematical equation that.."

Mnemonix

How are you being forced to worship a God? This makes no sense. Why would you make your family do something against their will

How are you being forced to worship a God? This makes no sense. Why would you make your family do something against their will

What? If you grew up having someone breathing down your neck and making you pray 5 times a day along with performing other religious responsibilities (making sure your ablutions have been done properly, making sure your pronunciation of the Arabic language is done properly, getting circumcised, ect.), maybe you would know :)

• Like 1

I'm sure you are old enough to make your own choices? Just because you where brought up in that culture doesn't mean you have to die by that culture. Just because it was breathed down your back doesn't mean you should breathe it down your families back.

I'm sure you are old enough to make your own choices? Just because you where brought up in that culture doesn't mean you have to die by that culture. Just because it was breathed down your back doesn't mean you should breathe it down your families back.

Well, yeah, but I've grown up with it so it's difficult for me to shed something like that overnight.

• Like 1

One day you have to let it go. Accept it for what it was and put it aside, start a new chapter.

veryone have diffrent circumstances for situations they are in.
  • Like 3

Here's a breakdown of what he's trying to get across in a shorthand approach

1 (allah/creator/etc)

+(commanding/creating/creation)

(+/-) (all there is, duality of nature, pos/neg, male/female, etc) - the parenthesis around +/- is "free will".... and +/-, he is saying, is the lifestyle you lead... either a positive or negative.

= (Judgement)

Infinity (for all, or in this case, the rest of, existance) heaven/hell

or 1 + (+/-) = Infinity..... the outcome of the equation is either (pos)infinity/heaven or (neg)infinity/hell

To write out the equation in words - "creator commanded the creation of 'all there is', and within 'all there is' is the free-will of humans. Humans can lead a positive lifestyle, and lead to +infinity(heaven), or negative lifestyle and lead to -infinity(hell)."

He, basically, explains most people's core religious views, mathematically, and link them to certain parts of the quaran (I won't say anything there, because I've never read it). Then just blasts all other religions, mainly christianity, for believing something different(father=son=holy ghost), which by his math, does not fit because the son is finite, whereas father and holy ghost are infinite.

Have a great day everyone. And good luck to the 'closed-minded', who form opinions before understanding.

Edited by B Randomly

Here's a breakdown of what he's trying to get across in a shorthand approach

1 (allah/creator/etc)

+(commanding/creating/creation)

(+/-) (all there is, duality of nature, pos/neg, male/female, etc) - the parenthesis around +/- is "free will".... and +/-, he is saying, is the lifestyle you lead... either a positive or negative.

= (Judgement)

Infinity (for all, or in this case, the rest of, existance) heaven/hell

or 1 + (+/-) = Infinity..... the outcome of the equation is either (pos)infinity/heaven or (neg)infinity/hell

To write out the equation in words - "creator commanded the creation of 'all there is', and within 'all there is' is the free-will of humans. Humans can lead a positive lifestyle, and lead to +infinity(heaven), or negative lifestyle and lead to -infinity(hell)."

He, basically, explains most people's core religious views, mathematically, and link them to certain parts of the quaran (I won't say anything there, because I've never read it). Then just blasts all other religions, mainly christianity, for believing something different(father=son=holy ghost), which by his math, does not fit because the son is finite, whereas father and holy ghost are infinite.

Have a great day everyone. And good luck to the 'closed-minded', who form opinions before understanding.

You can apply that to any religion or mythos so it doesn't actually prove anything, unless you believe Zeus was a real deity.

• Like 2

I don't understand why Muslims would use such a silly equation and not the Mandelbrot set for trying to prove there is a god. Not that I think Mandelbrot set is proof of a god, but it comes a lot closer than what y'all have here. Is it maybe cause Mandelbrot wasn't a Muslim.

It would be great if you could educate yourself on mathematical equations before pretending to be "open minded" and criticising other's understanding (something you clearly fail yourself). Because the crap you babbled, is not a mathematical equation. Edited by Rlyeh

Ummm.... if you're interpreting the "=" in the equation as meaing "judgement" then it's not a mathematical equation, it's a philosophical statement. the "=" in maths always means one thing - equivalwnce. one side of an equation seperated by that simbol is the same as the other.

• Like 2

"1 + (+|-) = ∞"

Thats definitely not a mathematical equation, its gibberish.

We're in agreement about something, Rlyeh - isn't that scary? :tu:

As a preacher, I think I see some of the philosophical metaphors he's applying, but it eventually falls apart. As a math teacher, I would say that everyone is correct: "1 + (+|-) = ∞" is not a valid mathematical statement.

• Like 1

Case closed then :)

Fair play to you for trying...

Case closed then :)

For that equation yes, but there are other things that have been long held as sacred pertaining to geometry. Like the golden ratio.

http://www.geometrycode.com/sacred-geometry/

Also there is the Mandelbrot set. Which I have used for meditation. They didn't really understand what this was until computers came along and they were able to put color values to the numbers. Fractals are how much of nature are setup. Cool stuff.

http://www.ddewey.net/mandelbrot/

For that equation yes, but there are other things that have been long held as sacred pertaining to geometry. Like the golden ratio.

The golden ratio is absolutely fascinating. It's amazing how it can be found in so many things.

I have discovered the true religion and God.If anyone can prove me wrong be ready to be shot....................and i challenge all of you to prove me wrong

yawn.

if you say so.

what i want to know is why is it so important that other people believe you? you discovered it good for you go enjoy it.

Ummm.... if you're interpreting the "=" in the equation as meaing "judgement" then it's not a mathematical equation, it's a philosophical statement. the "=" in maths always means one thing - equivalwnce. one side of an equation seperated by that simbol is the same as the other.

that's what i was thinking too

Fair play to you for trying...

I'm not "trying" anything, like I said, I'm just neutral :)

I was just browsing and saw that thread so I thought I would share it here, since there's always these things going on. Maybe someone would find it interesting, or say it's nothing and dismiss it (which they did). I'm neutral, neither here nor there, not for, nor against. If there's a god, so be it. If not, so be it.

I never said "This equation is the truth and everything other than Islam is false". No, I was only sharing, as a neutral observer and learner. In truth, I prefer peace.

I just want to live and die happy :)

So I'm just searching for truth. Thank you, and peace be with you.

• Like 2

I'm not "trying" anything, like I said, I'm just neutral :)

When the Irish say - Fair play to you.. it is a compliment...I was saying fair play to you for trying to put out something of interest and you were decent about it..

• Like 2

When the Irish say - Fair play to you.. it is a compliment...I was saying fair play to you for trying to put out something of interest and you were decent about it..

My mistake, sorry! I'm Malaysian so I misunderstood :D

My mistake, sorry! I'm Malaysian so I misunderstood :D

It's quite alight.. Now when you hear someone say - Fair play to you for winning blah blah.. Or... Fair play to you for trying hard etc etc... You will know they are giving you some praise.

It would be great if you could educate yourself on mathematical equations before pretending to be "open minded" and criticising other's understanding (something you clearly fail yourself). Because the crap you babbled, is not a mathematical equation.

I have no problem with anyone here, and intend to keep it that way... If you feel I was calling you out, you're mistaken. I wasn't pointing that at anyone in particular. I was simply referring to anyone close-minded enough to refute what this guy has to say because of their social/political/religious views, and not becuase they truly understand what he's trying to say. Today's world/media has Americans pitted against muslims, which makes people more likely to say "pfft... he's muslim and his equation doesn't make sense to me", which is why I made that comment.

Also, I didn't babble about anything. I simply gave a breakdown of what he explained, to make it easier to understand.... I never even gave a personal view of how I felt about the equation, itself. Only a comment on the representation of his equation.

Edited by B Randomly
  • Like 1

After thinking about this equation, it is valid. It's valid because every number is infinite, without exception, and can be proven with math. (zero is not a quantity, it is a lack of quantity).

the dichotomy paradox comes to mind... everything in locomotion must reach a half-way point of it's destination. Before it can reach it's goal, it must reach half, before it reaches half, it must reach quarter, before quarter, eighth.... you can hit the calculator as many times as you want and it will never reach 0. Which makes, (1 + (+/-) = infinity), a valid equation.