Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

"I have found a mathematical equation that.."

Mnemonix

It is bad math, whether to comes from a Muslim, Christian or a Pagan, it is still bad Math. The guy is trying to say it is proof of a god. It is proof he is a poor mathematician, that is all. If your going to make statements of proof you should make sure you know what you're talking about.

Only for to page 3, but as a self ordinariness math wiz, give this thought. He says there are no other gods before me, does he say there are no other gods? Or does he say not to worship the others more than you do him? As in their irrelevant because he powers them? Can I rewrite the equation for another perspective? |1|+1+(+/-)=inf (no iPhone symbol) how can you write 1? The first one is god cuz its positive or negative. The second one is you. The rest ye same of course. I guess what in saying is that god needs and is with is no matter what. He created free will. We created which way the balance goes with his help of course. God guides u thru all and the first one is written how it is because he can be negative but shows positive. He doesn't want to tempt us negatively, we choose that. The second one could actually be x. Just throwin my thoughts out.

What I'm saying:

God made me to make a decision to the outcome of my life.

After thinking about this equation, it is valid. It's valid because every number is infinite, without exception, and can be proven with math. (zero is not a quantity, it is a lack of quantity).

Ok, prove it.
the dichotomy paradox comes to mind... everything in locomotion must reach a half-way point of it's destination. Before it can reach it's goal, it must reach half, before it reaches half, it must reach quarter, before quarter, eighth.... you can hit the calculator as many times as you want and it will never reach 0. Which makes, (1 + (+/-) = infinity), a valid equation.

Maybe you wanna trying thinking a bit more. (+|-) isn't a value. Attempting to use zeno's paradox isn't going to fix poor math skills. Edited by Rlyeh
  • Like 1

Only for to page 3, but as a self ordinariness math wiz, give this thought. He says there are no other gods before me, does he say there are no other gods? Or does he say not to worship the others more than you do him? As in their irrelevant because he powers them? Can I rewrite the equation for another perspective? |1|+1+(+/-)=inf (no iPhone symbol) how can you write 1? The first one is god cuz its positive or negative. The second one is you. The rest ye same of course. I guess what in saying is that god needs and is with is no matter what. He created free will. We created which way the balance goes with his help of course. God guides u thru all and the first one is written how it is because he can be negative but shows positive. He doesn't want to tempt us negatively, we choose that. The second one could actually be x. Just throwin my thoughts out.

This has nothing do to with maths.

Ok, prove it.

Maybe you wanna trying thinking a bit more. (+|-) isn't a value. Attempting to use zeno's paradox isn't going to fix poor math skills.

Listen Rlyeh, I'm not here to bicker with anyone. I get the feeling that I crossed you the wrong way, and now your out to make me look inferior to you. If that's what your going for, here you go. I'm inferior to you. I don't mind that.

If you are being genuine, then great. I'm here to learn, grow, and exchange ideas with others. If my ideas are wrong, I'm ok with that. Point out where my errors are, give some food for thought, and I'll look into it. If I don't agree, then I don't agree, and that's that. I've given a reasonable explanation to why, I feel, it is a valid equation, and you continue to make me prove myself(dichotomy's paradox is easily proven to anyone with a calculator). That's not exchanging ideas with others.

(+/-) have to be values. They can't not be values. + denotes a number above 0, and - denotes a number below 0.(which I agree, is a stretch, but not 100% wrong.)

Listen Rlyeh, I'm not here to bicker with anyone. I get the feeling that I crossed you the wrong way, and now your out to make me look inferior to you. If that's what your going for, here you go. I'm inferior to you. I don't mind that.

If you are being genuine, then great. I'm here to learn, grow, and exchange ideas with others. If my ideas are wrong, I'm ok with that. Point out where my errors are, give some food for thought, and I'll look into it. If I don't agree, then I don't agree, and that's that. I've given a reasonable explanation to why, I feel, it is a valid equation, and you continue to make me prove myself(dichotomy's paradox is easily proven to anyone with a calculator). That's not exchanging ideas with others.

(+/-) have to be values. They can't not be values. + denotes a number above 0, and - denotes a number below 0.(which I agree, is a stretch, but not 100% wrong.)

It still requires faith: if you have faith you already believe ∵=0

I see where I'm going wrong. The whole time, I was too focused on trying to prove his outcome to his equation (1 or -1 = infinity). I overlooked the true structure of equation itself. You cannot simply add positivity/negativity to a number. It's something that a number already possesses. However, I do still believe that 1=infinity, and -1=infinity.

In this equation they are not applied to any numbers, they're used as values, yet none is given.

If it is valid you should be able to compute this equation. How are you adding (+|-) to 1?

I'm afraid I have to disagree B, "+" and "-" are mathematical functions not values. In an equation they serve the purpose of telling the mathematician what exactly is happening to the values they're working with, are they getting larger or smaller and the process whereby that happens.

Now IIRC if it was (+n/-n) then you'll have the foundations of a mathematical proof, although you'll have to explain how to define "n" later in the equation.

• Like 1

In this equation they are not applied to any numbers, they're used as values, yet none is given.

If it is valid you should be able to compute this equation. How are you adding (+|-) to 1?

Yep, I see this now. I overlooked it from the beginning. I was too caught up in thinking about how to make 1=inf, and -1=inf.

Thank you for helping me see my error

• Like 1

Yep, I see this now. I overlooked it from the beginning. I was too caught up in thinking about how to make 1=inf, and -1=inf.

Thank you for helping me see my error

Nice to see somebody accepting he was wrong. Most would try to wriggle out of it in some way.

Well done :)

Get it peer reviewed, then collect your Nobel prize.

So many quantum "theories", yet this guy has "proof" of God with a mathematical equation.

That's about the same as saying I can get to the center of a Tootsie pop in three licks every single time, just like the Owl. If I crunch it.

• 2 months later...

Dude. What major did you get in college because I want it!?

actually math would be proof of the god concept. Works for any basic theory that involves anything that changes....

0 = death/non existence (neutral)

1 = would be punishment , stasis, prison, no choices, no freewill, absolute (evil) God before he created anything,

1 + x = would be change, evolution, freedom, choices, non-absolute ,freewill (good) God after he created something, Any word really that has to do with change

This is why we get stuff like he is everything and nothing and all that crap. He is the 1 and the many, and all those other sayings.

Also lines up God in the bible with what he stops as well(why he does all that contradicting and why Jesus told everybody hey your doing it wrong)