Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

My experience with mediumship

Cyaneyed

A couple of months ago I attended a day long psychic and mediumship class. It was the first time I had, and other than a failed past life regression session (to the tune of £40), I'd never done anything like it.

I was late arriving, and there was a big circle of people, normally i'd feel a little anxious, but I felt quite relaxed as soon as I walked in. The first thing we did was meditate as a group, then attempt to find our spirit guides. My imagination started going and I was seeing a tall woman with long, beautiful hair, and her face was just light. I immediately got the name 'San', which means absolutely nothing to me. We were asked to each descibe what we saw, and the guy sat next to me said he also got the name San, but that it was the first time and he already 'knew' his spirit guide. I thought that was interesting but I was a little wary. As the day went on, this guy was always picked first for things, so I found it a bit suspect.

Next we partnered up and tried to read things about the person in front of us. I immediately saw firewood, a name which I forget now, a rural house and hair colour. The person opposite said that she lived rurally, had been chopping wood that morning, and had a long lost brother with the name I gave. Came to her reading me next, and nothing fit.

We then had a break, and the group had been split into two groups - newbies and regulars. At this point we were paired up.

The 'regular' woman opposite went first and she described a lot of things about my life, being more personal than I expected. She was quickfire and most things did apply to me. I thought afterwards that this was above generalisations, but since I live in a small town I didnt think I'd heard anything that couldnt have been known or inferred. I was on the fence, but what she came out with was unnerving.

Then I tried to read her, but by this point I had lost faith in what I was doing. I felt like I was being told to close my eyes and use my imagination, and since you inevitably see common images when you do that, something was always going to click. I found myself describing my friend's house on a hill and changing details. She said a lot of it fit.

Another break, then we moved on to mediumship. I was very interested at this point because I was paired with one of the tutors. She proceeded to 'channel' three different people, none of whom meant anything to me, there were no common links apart from a mention of RAF (as I have a relative who mysteriously disappeared in WWII flying over scotland). After her attempts, everyone in the room shared their experiences one by one. Sure enough, spirits had been at the wrong table, information for x person had gone to y person instead, which immediately made me think back to the horoscope comparison, its very easy for a group of 30 people to come up with the same ideas in their heads and then for osmeone to say they're connected.

Next up I had to do mediumship for the teacher. I was just struck by the complete lack of instruction, once again it was just 'relax, sit opposite the person, close your eyes and see what happens'. Exactly the same instruction as the psychic session before. At that point I really found it hard to participate. I saw a man next to a railroad, some lattice windows and brown shoes. These all 'fit the profile of the teachers father' which caused some excitement. Those were really what I was imagining but I was not in contact with anything, and I wondered whether if I'd said pink elephants and spaghetti monsters that would've linked something too.

I was then paired with another person, and rinse and repeat, except she didnt get anything about me at all.

All in all, I went in taking it seriously, wondering what I would find and thinking I'd at least come out with new meditation techniques. But I left disappointed, having all but given up about 3/4 of the way through.

And I really hated that because I am a nice person and I am unable to say bad things to people, everyone was really nice and all seemed to have gotten something out of it, I didnt want to be the one spoiling it with negativity. They've text me since about going back for other sessions, but I think I'll just daydream at home, for free, instead.

• Like 1

Sometimes I have premonitions and its usually like I'm daydreaming. Also there have been times I have picked up on what someone was thinking.

• Like 1

What I linked in my first mediumship pairing was intriguing. Everything I saw was linked, I was imagining things and telling myself 'no, you're just imagining that, try harder', but when I said them aloud they did fit.

Someone down in New Orleans teachs this,one on one .Or at least they used to. I know someone who did the training ,years ago.

She had to say all this stuff aloud .

Like thank you,yes I understand .As if in response to things she was being told ?

It's all gobble dee gook to me.

I have sudden insights and so forth . I cannot do it at will really.

I think you need to be born with a very advanced version of the gift ,to do that.

I assume practice makes you better ,but that sounds like a very disorganized class to me.