Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Footage of baby badgers at play

Still Waters

Wildlife experts say there are hopes the relatively mild winter has been good news for Scotland's badgers, with higher than usual numbers of cubs being born this year.

These pictures show a family or "clan" with a total of five cubs at a secret location in a wood owned by Woodland Trust Scotland.

Badgers usually have no more than three cubs, but numbers fell sharply following severe winter weather in previous years.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...otland-19214951

This is refreshing to see. The only badgers I've seen have been roadkill.

• Like 2

Ive only seen dead ones too but ive heard them scrap during the night...make a hell of a racket.They are gorgeous little things though..... :) ..

Edited by BrianPotter
  • Like 2

but ive heard them scrap during the night...make a hell of a racket.

I haven't even got that close to any live ones!

• Like 1

I haven't even got that close to any live ones!

I'm lucky in that respect because we have a few setts near me and a guy will take you out at night to see them.The guy is imaginatively known as Badger by the locals... :D ...must have taken them years to come up with that name.!

eta...sad side is you get people coming down from Durham badger baiting....scum that they are.. :angry:

Edited by BrianPotter
  • Like 1

I'm lucky in that respect because we have a few setts near me and a guy will take you out at night to see them.The guy is imaginatively known as Badger by the locals... :D ...must have taken them years to come up with that name.!

eta...sad side is you get people coming down from Durham badger baiting....scum that they are.. :angry:

lol..good name he has! It would be nice to go and see the badgers. You are lucky to have the opportunity B)

Badger baiting - wow how cruel. There always has to be someone who can't leave 'nature' alone. Very sad.to hear of things like that going on :(

• Like 1

lol..good name he has! It would be nice to go and see the badgers. You are lucky to have the opportunity B)

Badger baiting - wow how cruel. There always has to be someone who can't leave 'nature' alone. Very sad.to hear of things like that going on :(

Hmmm..living in the countryside is lovely but does have its bad side that you have to witness... :(

Edited by BrianPotter
  • Like 1