Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Women-only city planned for Saudi Arabia

Still Waters

Saudi Arabia is planning to build a new city exclusively for women as it bids to combine strict Sharia law and career minded females, pursuing work.

It is thought the Saudi Industrial Property Authority (Modon) has been asked to bring the country up to date with the rest of the modern world with the controversial city, which is now being designed with construction to begin next year.

It is hoped it will allow women’s desire to work without defying the country’s Islamic laws.

http://www.dailymail...sue-career.html

I wish I understood this mentality - no, wait, scrap that.

• Like 5

Who'd have thought women were so powerful...I mean you scare some men so much that they go so far as to build an entire city for you to keep you away from men, and have spent many many lifetimes constructing laws and mindsets to try and control you. When I think of women it makes me smile, when others think of them they device new ways to try and control them.....so many sad little men on this planet. It won't happen in my lifetime but t would be nice to think a time will come when I don't have to share a planet with these backward half-wits.

• Like 6

I want to be the mailman. :passifier:

• Like 4

When I first read this my thoughts were why can't you just let them prosper right where they are and stop letting sharia law dictate everything. However this could be a first step for women, once you have a little freedom its hard to go back so they may start demanding more freedom. Don't tell the Saudi's I said this.

• Like 2

Well considering the alternative, segregation might be preferable to women over there. Who is going to be allowed to leave to live there though?

• Like 1

that's no solution and the fact they use islam excuse to opress women is outrageous

hell with it women used to fight in wars during islam ! trade .. work they used to do all kinda of activities

i doubt saudia will ever change unless a revolution reach it

• Like 1

Mecca is a Muslim-only city that BANS non-Muslims so this sort of apartheid is pretty in keeping with unreformed Islam.

Edited by SteveBronfman

and mecca will always be that way .. in 100 years .. in 200 .. in 500 years .. forever ? mecca will always be ONLY muslims city

you're not big fan of islam why does it bother you ?

ohh wait i i know .. you think it something makes islam look bad ? well it doesn't that's part of our religion

and we're proud it's only muslims city as god ..and his prophet ordered :P

Would you be happy if Rome banned Muslims? How about if Jerusalem Banned Muslims?

It's apartheid pure and simple.

• Like 1

both places would never be banned to muslims .. so why talk about something impossiable to happen ?

however mecca is banned to non-muslims .. and shall always be .. now that's reality

yep .. i like facts

i don't like fact that saudia is forcing islamic laws on people eaither

and use islam as cover to rule in dictatorship

you see i put the blame where it belongs and i don't hide wrong things

but mecca being only muslims place .. now that's part of islam that no one can change or manipulate

• Like 1

Doesn't make it right.

Muslims are constantly trying to change other societies culture but never accept change themselves. I'll give you two recent examples;

Italy;

Top Italian hotel OK's Muslim porter won't have to take orders from woman boss

Named one of the top 500 hotels on the planet, the 5-Star Hotel Danieli of Venice, Italy has played host to the likes of Johann von Goethe, Richard Wagner, Honoré de Balzac, Charles Dickens and Emile Zola.

A one night stay in this swankiest of Venetian hotels runs the range of $12,198.88 (£7,747.29) to $308.05 (£195.64) per night.

It must cost that much in order to hire a go-between for a Muslim porter who refuses to take orders from his female supervisor.

USA;

Muslim Employee Suing Disney Over Right to Wear Hijab

A Muslim woman who worked as a hostess at a Disneyland restaurant is suing Disney, claiming the company wouldn't let her appear in front of guests while wearing her headscarf.

Muslim logic, including your own over Mecca, goes something like this;

"When Westerners come to Muslim countries they must abide by our traditions but when we go to Western countries Westerners must ALSO abide by our traditions including changing their own to suit us."

• Like 3

and mecca will always be that way .. in 100 years .. in 200 .. in 500 years .. forever ? mecca will always be ONLY muslims city

you're not big fan of islam why does it bother you ?

ohh wait i i know .. you think it something makes islam look bad ? well it doesn't that's part of our religion

and we're proud it's only muslims city as god ..and his prophet ordered :P

KOS 'xcept that Mecca use to be a Temple for Triple Goddess Kore,sorry man!

Yeah, there's lots of evidence it was a Hindu shrine. There's an ancient Indian inscription in the Kaaba which means;

..Fortunate are those who were born (and lived) during king [Vikramaditya’s] reign. He was a noble, generous dutiful ruler, devoted to the welfare of his subjects. But at that time we Arabs, oblivious of God, were lost in sensual pleasures. Plotting and torture were rampant. The darkness of ignorance had enveloped our country. Like the lamb struggling for her life in the cruel paws of a wolf we Arabs were caught up in ignorance. The entire country was enveloped in a darkness so intense as on a new moon night. But the present dawn and pleasant sunshine of education is the result of the favour of the noble king Vikramaditya whose benevolent supervision did not lose sight of us - foreigners as we were. He spread his sacred religion amongst us and sent scholars whose brilliance shone like that of the sun from his country to ours. These scholars and preceptors through whose benevolence we were once again made cognisant of the presence of God, introduced to His sacred existence and put on the road of Truth, had come to our country to preach their religion and impart education at king Vikramaditya’s behest..."

KOS 'xcept that Mecca use to be a Temple for Triple Goddess Kore,sorry man!

you talking about the stones and woods status of idol and pagan worship gods that

muslims have destroyed and cleansed al kabba when they finally arrive to mecca ?

yeah what's the big deal ? al kabba was place of pagan and idol worship before islam

and you sorry about what exactly .. am well aware of history on the matter

but this is the present .. after in our religion god forbade non-muslims from mecca

it is .. a only-muslims city no matter what it was before islam

and the funny fact .. the very same people who used to worship those idols

are the same muslims who defeated persia and romans :D

you talking about the stones and woods status of idol and pagan worship gods that

muslims have destroyed and cleansed al kabba when they finally arrive to mecca ?

yeah what's the big deal ? al kabba was place of pagan and idol worship before islam

and you sorry about what exactly .. am well aware of history on the matter

but this is the present .. after in our religion god forbade non-muslims from mecca

it is .. a only-muslims city no matter what it was before islam

and the funny fact .. the very same people who used to worship those idols

are the same muslims who defeated persia and romans :D

In the first 2/300 years of Islam, the people of the Book (Bible) Christians and Jews were allowed, I'm not sure when this changed. In Spain, Muslem Universities allowed students of all religions. Heck a future pope studied there, his name is Gerbert d'Aurillac who became Sylverter II studied in Toledo in 982/3. He promoted the study of Arab/Greek mathematics, philosophy art and astronomy. Thanks to him, another Benedictin Clunisian monk had the Coran translated in latin. When then the entire thing changed? I'm not familiar with the changes past 1350 because my research goes before that time.

In the first 2/300 years of Islam, the people of the Book (Bible) Christians and Jews were allowed, I'm not sure when this changed. In Spain, Muslem Universities allowed students of all religions. Heck a future pope studied there, his name is Gerbert d'Aurillac who became Sylverter II studied in Toledo in 982/3. He promoted the study of Arab/Greek mathematics, philosophy art and astronomy. Thanks to him, another Benedictin Clunisian monk had the Coran translated in latin. When then the entire thing changed? I'm not familiar with the changes past 1350 because my research goes before that time.

do not mix between muslim countries , schools . universities and mecca :D

because the first ones are open to all religion but mecca is only muslims country

and all non-muslims were out when a a verse of quran was told by mohammad that says

all non-muslims will not live near muslims in mecca after this last year " the year that they were living there "

it means the change was made " during " the life of muhammad

however you are mixing up with what's known today as " Saudia arabia " and other cities .. and only mecca

mecca is city in saudia where the kabba is .. and that's the only city is off limits for non-muslims

the rest of saudia arabia is open for muslims and non-muslims alike

and i have no idea what you talking about spain i think you got the wrong idea

i didn't said nethier anyone else said that any muslim country cannot be entered by non-muslims

we're only talking about mecca .. the rest of muslim world was open for non-muslims

mecca is considred holy to islam that's why no non-muslims allowed

Edited by Knight Of Shadows

do not mix between muslim countries , schools . universities and mecca :D

because the first ones are open to all religion but mecca is only muslims country

and all non-muslims were out when a a verse of quran was told by mohammad that says

all non-muslims will not live near muslims in mecca after this last year " the year that they were living "

it means the change was made " during " the life of muhammad

however you are mixing up with what's known today as " Saudia arabia " and other cities .. and only mecca

mecca is city in saudia where the kabba is .. and that's the only city is off limits for non-muslims

the rest of saudia arabia is open for muslims and non-muslims alike

and i have no idea what you talking about spain i think you got the wrong idea

i didn't said nethier anyone else said that any muslim country cannot be entered by non-muslims

we're only talking about mecca .. the rest of muslim world was open for non-muslims

mecca is considred holy to islam that's why no non-muslims allowed

Gotcha

"the rest of saudia arabia is open for muslims and non-muslims alike"

Please give me the address for the Jewish community Centre in S'audi Arabia?

How about the Catholic Cathedral of S'audi Arabia?

"the rest of saudia arabia is open for muslims and non-muslims alike"

Please give me the address for the Jewish community Centre in S'audi Arabia?

How about the Catholic Cathedral of S'audi Arabia?

if a country is 97% muslims .. should i bring you jews and christians from mars and put them in saudia ?

you actually want to know or you just wanna argue without making any sense ?

and most of the christians or non-muslims in saudia are outside workers who came to work there

but the laws of saudia does not forbid non-muslims from going anywhere EXCEPT mecca

my suggestion .. if you don't know something you shouldn't talk about it

Okay so 3% aren't Muslim according to your data. Therefore there should be at least a few Churches or Hindu Temples. Please list their addresses.

Let's put this in context. Norway is about 3% Muslim and there's over 100 Mosques. Please provide details of even 1 Church or Temple in S'audi Arabia without making excuses.

Here is the Address of the Islamic Cultural Centre Mosque in Norway;

Tøyenbekken 24 0188 Oslo, Norway

21 38 00 00

Also non-Muslims are banned from Medina too.

Edited by SteveBronfman
  • Like 1