Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Man Attacked by Rabid Beaver

BiffSplitkins

PINE PLAINS, N.Y. (AP) -- A Boy Scout leader from New York who was attacked by a rabid beaver while swimming in the Delaware River is recovering.

The Poughkeepsie Journal reports that 51-year-old Normand Brousseau, of Pine Plains, was swimming in eastern Pennsylvania on Aug. 2 when a beaver swam through his legs and bit him in the chest.

The animal then bit him in the leg, buttocks, arm, hand and torso before he managed to grab it and hold its jaw closed.

One Boy Scout pulled Brousseau to shore, where he tossed the beaver away from him. The Scouts then used rocks to kill the animal.

READ MORE

Comon' with a topic title like that you know you had to read the story. :D

• Like 7

I will admit that i was laughing after just reading the headline... :D

yeah... that headline is pretty 'Dam' funny. :P

• Like 2

Death, Boy scout style.

:gun:

Also, Muslim extremist style... well, when they aren't blowing themselves up anyway. :P

• Like 3

I'm sure I've tangled with that beaver, back in the day. It's MO sounds very familiar.

(I had no complaints)

Edited by Eldorado
  • Like 4

Ok, the headline is kinda funny...but when you read the entire story...Damn! that's just plain horrible. Rabies is one nasty horrific disease.

• Like 2

Ok, the headline is kinda funny...but when you read the entire story...Damn! that's just plain horrible. Rabies is one nasty horrific disease.

Not when you're a man and all your buddies ask how you got rabies and you get to say "From a Rabid BEAVER!" :D

• Like 3

Some many things I could say about this but I will let it slide.

• Like 1

I wonder if he gained the power to build dams, using twigs and leaves, and also the ability to fell trees by gnawing through them?

You never know.

• Like 3

I know one thing, I would've bit the little b****** back. See how he likes it.

• Like 2

I wonder if he gained the power to build dams, using twigs and leaves, and also the ability to fell trees by gnawing through them?

You never know.

I think that would only happen if the beaver was radioactive when it bit him. Then we would have 'Beaverman'.

• Like 1

What boy scout medal do you get for this?

Beaver cleaver?

Cage fighting with a beaver?

Frontier beaver medal?

Daniel Boone medal for standing up to a beaver?

Leave it to Beaver medal?

• Like 4

Agreed. That man was lucky, although it must have been a frightening experience for him, he could have come out of it a whole lot worse than he did. At least he's ok and is recovering from his ordeal, thankfully.

• Like 1

Leave it to Beaver medal?

I think that one is just a badge, not a medal. ;)

Agreed. That man was lucky, although it must have been a frightening experience for him, he could have come out of it a whole lot worse than he did. At least he's ok and is recovering from his ordeal, thankfully.

Absolutely.

I wonder if the animals skinned to make Lady Gaga's new fur coat feel as lucky?

What boy scout medal do you get for this?

The BBB! (Beaver Beater Badge) Popular with BBW and even SBW everywhere... until they discover the beaver dies in the end.

*rascal smiley*

Edited by Eldorado
  • Like 1

I think that would only happen if the beaver was radioactive when it bit him. Then we would have 'Beaverman'.

Aah, true. Haha

• Like 1

Dutchess County health officials say a rabid beaver attack is unusual.

Now that is an understatement if ever I heard one.

• Like 1

Jeff Foxworthy has a comedy piece where a fan tells him about his brother in law who had his nipple bitten off by a beaver...it is lose your breath funny... :w00t:

• Like 3