Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Japanese bridge collapse 8-11-12

Raptor Witness

For those who have followed my interest in Japanese earthquakes here, you may find this interesting:

I had a dream yesterday morning that I was looking at a giant steel bridge. It was so long that I could not see how far it went. I also couldn't see to the other side, in terms of any land it was connected to. I believed myself to be in Japan, and as I started to cross this bridge, it suddenly began to disintegrate. I sensed an urgent need to cross. The steel members were coming apart from what appeared to be left to right and top to bottom. I quickly stepped back to save myself from falling into the water, because the bridge was above an ocean or a very big lake. The way the bridge was coming apart was very unusual. I saw the left side come off and fall down. There was a Japanese man with me, who was watching this unfold, but he had no explanation, and didn't try to cross it himself. I don't recall him saying anything beyond small talk. My dream ended with me scampering back to the side. I had crossed from, and no more than fifty yards. The bridge appeared to be mottled silver in color with some rust, making it look older. At the end of the dream I remember wondering to myself, how I was going to get home, because I sensed that this was where the bridge was leading me.

I did not recognize the scene from past memories. The bridge was not a suspension type, but framed entirely of steel and with intermittent towers.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Raptor Witness

• BiffSplitkins

• Taun

• sarah_444

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think I would count that dream as a premonition. It probably means something else subconsciously.

Are you planning a change in your life soon and feel like there is something really big keeping you from making that change?

I agree with Biff on this one... The subconcious likes to play tricks on us and also likes to use symbolism..

However.... It is good that you documented this - just in case...

It is an interesting dream, but it is a pretty common dream theme full of symbolism. Most of the details you mentioned could be viewed as symbols.

The bridge, not being able to see past it, it collapsing, the rusty, older look of it..and finally even at the end, wondering how you were going to get home without the bridge.

Have you been trying to connect 2 things together or had any transitions, changes in your life recently? The bridge being over water could suggest emotional change.

Good dream though, at any rate. Well, not "good" technically, but "detailed" which is always good in my eyes. :) Whether it turns out to be prophetic or not, only time will tell I guess.

To answer the questions raised in the comments, and I appreciate your thoughtful in put; I only document dreams where I'm surprised by what I've observed and those with unexpected results. If I suspect that they are simply creative replays of recent events or observations, then I don't record them. I'm only interested when my mind throws out the unexpected, because I suspect these are the most likely to be useful premonitions.

That's not to say I've completely discounted this one, as an example of the more common dreams we all have, because It does have those elements, clearly.

You're correct in that our minds use symbolism instead of words, which is an interesting fact in and of itself. It's very rare that I recall hearing things in my dreams that are of any significance. Hence, the "small talk," I mentioned in this one. One would think that if the brain were simply taking our sensory perceptions and reworking them, for whatever reason, that these would be in proportion to the types of stimuli we received during the waking state, but this is not the case. Visual input is far more likely to be the element that I remember, and I'm not alone in this. So there must be a reason for the mind's eye to be so dominant in our dreams.

Edited by Raptor Witness