Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

You have psychic abilities?

Pseudoscientist

First, let me say I am *not* trolling here. I have had many mystical experiences in my life, but I'm not convinced they have been 'psychical', more like psychological.

I've seen quite a few posters now who say they have telekinetic abilities. My question is, why have you not contacted James Randi and taken up his $1 million challenge?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Randi#The_One_Million_Dollar_Paranormal_Challenge

For me, this challenge was the final nail in the coffin. You can say no self-respecting psychic would take part, but it seems we have a surplus of psychics right here and across the globe. You cannot, with any truth, say every single one of those psychics who is aware of this challenge is too dignified to take James Randi on. If anything, it would forward the understanding of what the human mind is capable of. It would create a paradigm shift in attitudes and beliefs toward psychic endeavour, and yet not one person on this planet has been able to prove anything substantial.

You can move stuff with your mind. How hard is it to sit in a room for 10 minutes and prove that to the world, and become a millionaire in the process?

Nobody bites, and it the nature of this avoidance that makes me sad in the cold realisation that maybe this is all in our minds.

First, let me say I am *not* trolling here. I have had many mystical experiences in my life, but I'm not convinced they have been 'psychical', more like psychological.

I've seen quite a few posters now who say they have telekinetic abilities. My question is, why have you not contacted James Randi and taken up his $1 million challenge?

http://en.wikipedia....ormal_Challenge

For me, this challenge was the final nail in the coffin. You can say no self-respecting psychic would take part, but it seems we have a surplus of psychics right here and across the globe. You cannot, with any truth, say every single one of those psychics who is aware of this challenge is too dignified to take James Randi on. If anything, it would forward the understanding of what the human mind is capable of. It would create a paradigm shift in attitudes and beliefs toward psychic endeavour, and yet not one person on this planet has been able to prove anything substantial.

You can move stuff with your mind. How hard is it to sit in a room for 10 minutes and prove that to the world, and become a millionaire in the process?

Nobody bites, and it the nature of this avoidance that makes me sad in the cold realisation that maybe this is all in our minds.

Welcome to UM.

Not trolling?

Telekinesis? Moving **** with your mind? B*tch please, try moving your moms out the projects with your rhymes.

I suggest using the search function first, there has been a lot of discussion about the $1,000,000 challenge...

(Also I do agree with you)

Well, one thing's for sure. Randi is making a lot more money as a professional rude and obnoxious sceptic than he did as a magician.

• Like 2

http://en.wikipedia....ormal_Challenge

Hi and welcome to UM.

I may not be able to assist you with this because I have no telekinetic skills that I am aware of. However I can comment on this avoidance question that you presented.

What most people with some knowledge on a subject of interest wish to avoid are unproductive discussions with those who cling to restrictive points of view. There is common knowledge for humanity that the world is round. There was a time when most people thought that it was flat. Those people wanted to kill the ones who knew the world was round. Other than the killing part, not much has changed as it relates to conventional belief systems.

So yes, you will find groups who do not wish to argue about various belief systems, they wish to avoid those discussions. They wish to avoid the energetic strain of conversations with those who are not "open minded", from their point of view naturally.

I hope that my thoughts on this will be helpful.

John

Why,if you were legitimately joining,would you have to point out,that you're not a troll ?

Lols

Welcome to UM, I hope your not a troll.

I've never moved anything in my life with my mind but I have gotten premonitions that have come true. Can I tell someone what is going to happen to them, no. Why I don't know since I have had such vivid premonitions at times.

Welcome to UM.

Not trolling?

I suggest using the search function first, there has been a lot of discussion about the $1,000,000 challenge...

(Also I do agree with you)

That reply I left on the other thread was actually a lyric from Immortal Technique:

http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/immortaltechnique/crossingtheboundary.html

Why,if you were legitimately joining,would you have to point out,that you're not a troll ?

Lols

Because, from my experience, if anybody dares to contradict or question anything they are labelled a troll, even when they are not. A troll might post what I've posted, but they wouldn't have genuine interest in this question:

Why, after 40-50 years of James Randi's challenge, has not a single psychic ability been proven.

I was more interested in answers from people on this board who claim to have psychic abilities. Though I am obviously skeptic, I wasn't always that way.

I do believe I have some "psychic" ability, at least a little, perhaps no more than most people, and I'll have to say I don't know who james Randi is. From my perspective, it's a big to-do about very little, and personally, I have a job, a household to run, a yard to maintain, friends I want to spend time with, grandkids I want to visit; all this seems way more important than anything involved with James Randi, who ever he is and what ever he does, and any "psychic" abilities I may have.

That reply I left on the other thread was actually a lyric from Immortal Technique:

Lol that doesn't change anything.

Nobody bites, and it the nature of this avoidance that makes me sad in the cold realization that maybe this is all in our minds.

Well..to be "fair" an ability is not something that is on all the time..it's like an artist..some days they are just flowing and other times there is nothing forthcoming no matter how hard they try.

But I tend to agree with you that all of this psychic ability stuff really is all in our heads.