Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ecuador grants Wikileaks founder asylum

ExpandMyMind

Because if he goes to Sweden he'll land in the United States... which is what the United States want.

No, that's not the problem.

The problem is that he is a rapist and he knows it and is afraid of what Sweden will do with him.

As far as the US and the rest of the world, he is a traitor to humanity, so he should be very afraid, as he is.

Assange, you can run but not hide. By the way, the first 3 letters of your name...

Edited by pallidin

No, that's not the problem.

The problem is that he is a rapist and he knows it and is afraid of what Sweden will do with him.

As far as the US and the rest of the world, he is a traitor to humanity, so he should be very afraid, as he is.

Assange, you can run but not hide. By the way, the first 3 letters of your name...

Since you pretty much probably ignored one of my posts, or did not read it, let me share this with you..

"If you were currently on the most wanted list by one of the largest, most influential countries in the world; a country that illegally exercises military action that kills civilians, that discreetly overthrows regimes to replace them with governments they fund and influence, that funds drug cartels and gives them weapons, then wages a crooked war on drugs - that attempts to limit the rights of its citizens to peacefully assemble for a list of grievances against their government, that attempts to dismantle habeas corpus and legal representation, that sets up controversial surveillance systems that attempts to survey what you think, do, or say - and you expose all of this, they are going to try to hook their claws in your arm. What better way than having an ally nation create rape allegations so that they can extradite you?"

Common sense.

• Like 1

Ok, Drayno, you hate western values and spin tales to promote that hatred. Got it.

For myself, I prefer to deal with truth.

• Like 1

Frankly, all Julian is to the Eucadorean government is a tool to gain some political leverage over America and/or Sweden.

What's the bet that the moment it's politically useful Jules will be given to the Yanks in exchange for something useful to the Ecuadoreans?

• Like 1

Sweden will not extract Assange to America, which really doesn't explain why they don't want too. But he is wanted for questioning for two rape charges brought up against him by two ex wikileaks coworkers who say he raped them. This is not about him releasing American classified documents at all, this is about this crime he has committed and then fled to the Ecuador Embassy located in London. Before he fled, America barely made a attempt to extract him, because they have bigger issues to deal with than a two bit whiner like him. They were currently in war in Afghanistan and Iraq, fighting off terrorists while trying to keep their soldiers alive. Of course some of the information he released uncensored did painted names of individuals that could become targets of Terrorists while they were in either of these countries, but he got lucky that none of them was killed and they were extracted by the American government to protect them.

Don't get me wrong, some of the stuff that is done in war is considered a War Crime, but those actions are based off individuals who committed them. Not by orders from higher ups in the military. Now the C.I.A. on the other hands have very dirty hands, like false flag operations and other less than humane actions that to them means ends justified the means. America is at war with all terrorist organizations around the world, it is a matter of life and death for military personals who are posted there. If you were post in those situations, some of you would commit War Crimes that you denounces from frustration to anger over the actions of civilians protecting the terrorists. War is not black and white, is has more shades of gray than any old time photo you would see. War is messy and let's leave it at that.

Assange won't be extracted to America without the authorization of the government who has him, which gives them leverage if the U.S. government wants him bad enough. I highly doubt the government would want to put themselves in that situation with a foreign government. Only reason Assange is making announcements supposedly about America's Witch hunt is because of his ego, to make the world think he is the victim in this whole mess. He is throwing the attention of his own charges that are brought up against him, hoping the world will fall for his bag of tricks.

Either he mans up and faces the charges that are brought up against him or sit in Ecuador Embassy, bringing liability to that country, ruining their reputation in the eyes of the world for his own selfish means of avoiding the law. No one is above the law, that includes Julian Assange. If he wants to talk about justices, first justice must be served for the two ex-wikileaks coworkers who had their trust betrayed by him, then he can rage on America all he wants too. His creditability greatly diminished in my eyes because of his own actions.

Edited by Uncle Sam
  • Like 1

Ok, Drayno, you hate western values and spin tales to promote that hatred. Got it.

For myself, I prefer to deal with truth.

I do not hate western values. I dislike the hypocrisy inherent with the way our western leaders spin western values to promote and fulfill their agendas. Hatred is only a tool to some, whereas it is a mindset to those that would be easily misguided by propaganda and lies. The truth is subjective, friend - and when you are dealing with governments of any kind, the truth is a commodity that is rare to find. I can assure you of that.

• Like 1

Because if he goes to Sweden he'll land in the United States... which is what the United States want.

So?

He needs prosecuting for both.

the case in the UK has nothing to do with wiki leaks. or his whistle blowing. people need to realise this, because the two are getting mixed up by some people - take a minute to remind ourselves its only the alleged sex crime committed in Sweden in question here.

we havent even started on the wiki leaks/whistle blowing, his supporters need to keep their powder dry for when that time comes.

if the case here in the UK was about extradition on the grounds of wiki leaks / whistle blowing we'd be talking about extradition to the USA and not sweden.

You cannot see the forest for the trees. :no:

Not facing up to the allegation of sexual assault in Sweden is the crime, erroneously using wikileaks shows his character.

Do you suppose that the fact of the first prosecutor declaring there was no case has anything to do with that?

If 2 women accused you falsely, and the cops agreed with you, how would YOU act?

Do you suppose that the fact of the first prosecutor declaring there was no case has anything to do with that?

If 2 women accused you falsely, and the cops agreed with you, how would YOU act?

Lack of evidence doesn't mean he isn't guilty. Rape is one of the hardest crimes to prove. Take off your tin foil hat for one minute and just consider the fact that he is a rapist

Since you pretty much probably ignored one of my posts, or did not read it, let me share this with you..

"If you were currently on the most wanted list by one of the largest, most influential countries in the world; a country that illegally exercises military action that kills civilians, that discreetly overthrows regimes to replace them with governments they fund and influence, that funds drug cartels and gives them weapons, then wages a crooked war on drugs - that attempts to limit the rights of its citizens to peacefully assemble for a list of grievances against their government, that attempts to dismantle habeas corpus and legal representation, that sets up controversial surveillance systems that attempts to survey what you think, do, or say - and you expose all of this, they are going to try to hook their claws in your arm. What better way than having an ally nation create rape allegations so that they can extradite you?"

Common sense.

Assassinating him would be easier than fabricating a rape case (presumably - from what you said above thats the least they could do)

Lizard

If I take off my foil hat, will you take off your crown?

Just to bring you up to speed sir, you know they have some strange laws in Sweden. The sex was consensual, as admitted by the girls involved. The Offence was that the condom was somehow defective. THAT is considered rape somehow or other in Sweden.

Are you comfortable with that Sir King? Or would you have him beheaded for using a defective condom?

The situation is a mess, with Assange getting refuge in the Ecuatorian Embassy and the prescence of the USa in the background, but after reading about it, i have t admit that the alegations of rape are, in my own opinion, exagerated. As far the situation is presented, both women have consesual,and not violent, sex with Assange.

• Like 1

Lizard

Just to bring you up to speed sir, you know they have some strange laws in Sweden. The sex was consensual, as admitted by the girls involved. The Offence was that the condom was somehow defective. THAT is considered rape somehow or other in Sweden.

Are you comfortable with that Sir King? Or would you have him beheaded for using a defective condom?

Meeting a pretty girl in a bar and taking her home for some consentual sex is not illegal.

Discovering she is out of it the following day and then deciding to help yourself is a different matter. She didnt enjoy waking up to find him on her, she didnt want it so he has raped her.

Meeting a pretty girl in a bar and taking her home for some consentual sex is not illegal.

Discovering she is out of it the following day and then deciding to help yourself is a different matter. She didnt enjoy waking up to find him on her, she didnt want it so he has raped her.

Could you provide evidence if what you say. publishing government documents or photos is legal thats why we know about area 51, neveda test sites

Lizard

Does not wearing a condom make it defective then? Or does having sex with someone who's half asleep seem ok to you? The fact is you or I or anyone else on here doesn't know what happened between him and those women. He's been accused of a sex crime by two people and he should stand trial for it.

As it stands you are supporting someone who has been accused of sex crimes. nice one.

Didn't Time magazine print this too? The US isn't trying to arrest them and if they do arrest Assange wouldn't they have to arrest the publisher of Time.

I think Assange doesn't want to face charges of rape.

Edited by Hilander
  • Like 3

Is that some fantasy of yours, or do you have a source regarding that series of events?

Does not wearing a condom make it defective then? Or does having sex with someone who's half asleep seem ok to you? The fact is you or I or anyone else on here doesn't know what happened between him and those women. He's been accused of a sex crime by two people and he should stand trial for it.

As it stands you are supporting someone who has been accused of sex crimes. nice one.

Well sir, I feel better to know that the first Swedish prosecutor to review the case and interview the 2 women stated that there was no case. So, that means I have at least 1 prosecutor on my side.

How about that?

I'm going with the first prosecutor's opinion, you're going with the second prosecutor's opinion, who did NOT, by the way, say anything more than she wanted to INTERVIEW the accused.

This case is pure political theater, and I would be embarrassed to say I did not know that. :blush:

Didn't Time magazine print this too? The US isn't trying to arrest them and if they do arrest Assange wouldn't they have to arrest the publisher of Time.

I think Assange doesn't want to face charges of rape.

Assange is a complex personality and certainly not free of certain amount of paranoia, even in times he was wanted by nobody he was making a big production about his "safety" seeing people coming to get him under his bed.

I believe that he thinks that it is all a ploy to lock him up in Guantanamo... but that may not have anything to do with the reality.

• Like 1

He knows what the US government is capable of, as does anybody who pays any attention to the news. There are countless examples of men caught up in the government dragnet, turned in for bounty even though innocent, yet being imprisoned for years with no legal standing whatsoever. It's Kafka and Orwell combined.

At the altar of the Global War On Terror, the rule of law is dead in the water.

Though I recognize he has warts like the rest of us, I admire his cause 100%. Government crimes should be exposed, and those who do the exposing should be commended.

Well sir, I feel better to know that the first Swedish prosecutor to review the case and interview the 2 women stated that there was no case. So, that means I have at least 1 prosecutor on my side.

How about that?

I'm going with the first prosecutor's opinion, you're going with the second prosecutor's opinion, who did NOT, by the way, say anything more than she wanted to INTERVIEW the accused.

This case is pure political theater, and I would be embarrassed to say I did not know that. :blush:

And I'd be embarrassed to say that I knew everything about this case without having been there or without having seen all the facts.

You are acting upon assumptions, and treating them as though they are the irrevocable truth. You can't prove he didn't molest those women, and you can't prove Sweden and America invented to whole story just to get him extradited.

And I know I can't prove he raped or abused those women, but I'm not saying he did. I'm saying he should face trial for it. Surely you must agree that allegations of sexual assault cannot be ignored?

I don't think that is the case from what i've read, but it's irrelevant it doesn't mater if it's the second third or fourth, there's a warrant for his extradition.

I suspect if he got his written guarantee that Sweden would not extradite him to America - he would give himself up.

If they had no intention of giving him to the USA, then that shouldn't be to difficult a request to comply with.

I personally would be extremely suspicious of giving myself up in similar circumstances. There are many incidents in history of an accused man walking out of a court acquittal - only to be re-arrested on the court steps.

Br Cornelius

Edited by Guest