Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Are Ghosts Mentally Ill?

SSilhouette

Well what I meant was we don't need someone else's stamp of approval. I have a pet peeve when people look to others for interpretation of what their five senses are telling them, playing the silverback game. I like to imagine we all have an equal share in interpreting reality right in front of our eyes and don't need someone with status to verify that our experiences are real.

quite right. we do not need verification from another person to validate how we interpret something. but interpretation is not fact. it is interpretation, and it's important to clarify that

you seem to think i want to yank your chain here and that is just not true. i am trying to get you to understand that your argument is not sound.

let's say we all accept that there are spirits who stay behind. let's say we all accept that they have a specific reason for doing so. let's say that they need an intervention to go to the other side.

all these things you claim in your original post. that's fine and i have no objection to those things.

where it goes south is when you insist that this is due to some sort of mental illness, and then try to justify that by saying that of the thousands of sightings and experiences people have with these spirits most of them are because the spirit is suffering from some affliction of the mind.

i have looked into this since you last posted, and i've learned that the only places you really see that sort of stuff is on those ghost tv shows and similar type internet forums. however, i ran into a lot of sites that talk about helping people cross over and the reasons they state that the spirit is unable are many and varied, but NOT ONE mentions anything to do with mental illness or depression or any other mortal physical ailment.

as far as i can see you are rigid and do not want your opinion challenged. so be it. talk to yourself

Edited by JGirl
  • Like 1

Or you could be projecting...

but interpretation is not fact. it is interpretation, and it's important to clarify that

When several people get together in a court of law, for example, and declare they all saw "x" in precise corroborated detail, the law accepts that as proof, as fact. I think you are insisting we doubt our five senses in favor of being told that we are merely "interpreting" them. If a car crashes into your living room, it's not an interpretation to tell people so. If a dinner plate hovers over your head without someone holding it and then smashes on top of it, your resulting concussion isn't an intpretation. If you are violently shoved down a flight of stairs when you are alone, your bruises aren't an interpretation.

Edited by SSilhouette

Or you could be projecting...

When several people get together in a court of law, for example, and declare they all saw "x" in precise corroborated detail, the law accepts that as proof, as fact. I think you are insisting we doubt our five senses in favor of being told that we are merely "interpreting" them. If a car crashes into your living room, it's not an interpretation to tell people so. If a dinner plate hovers over your head without someone holding it and then smashes on top of it, your resulting concussion isn't an intpretation. If you are violently shoved down a flight of stairs when you are alone, your bruises aren't an interpretation.

no the law does not see this as proof.

have you been a juror? actually i have and this is not the case at all.

when those people give their eyewitness testimony it is heard as evidence (not proof) and is weighed with the other evidence in the trial by the jury.

none of the things you mention in your post have to do with interpretation.

what you are talking about in this thread is.

i will no longer waste my time with it.

• Like 1

Who cares what this or that person thinks? Regard the facts on their own merits. Thousands of people see ghosts and most of those sightings indicate some sort of obsessive fixation or deep sadness/anger/ etc. the ghost seems to suffer from.

coldethyl, people who believe the thousands of accounts of ghost sightings actually believe the spirit is separate from the body. More people than not accept that there is an afterlife. So if you don't accept that or believe it, you are in the minority.

That is my point exactly. If the spirit is separate from the body, mental illness would not travel into the afterlife, just as cancer would not. Do you see where I'm coming from?

• Like 1

I suppose active spirits who still frequent places which held great torment and sadness for them could be seen as suffering 'mental illness' (think it's a very streamlined and packaged box to call it a mere illness) still, otherwise they'd have moved on or be only in visitation if they had reached closure or peace with that part of their physical existence. I don't believe the cliché thing in a lot of ghost hunt programs about saying a prayer and go towards the light, it doesn't suit every spirit's beliefs/desires surely and is very simplistic and quick. It's a sad thing to think about spirit forms who are lost, how the heck do you solve a problem like that, it's tough enough to wade through a bout of darkness whilst alive in the present world!

Edited by DancingCorpse

I do believe that when you pass on you do take some of your life's persona hence why you have say a headless ghost or a stinky ghost or chain rattling etc etc what ever trauma you have when you pass over go's with you until you move on to your next existence.

I suppose active spirits who still frequent places which held great torment and sadness for them could be seen as suffering 'mental illness' (think it's a very streamlined and packaged box to call it a mere illness) still, otherwise they'd have moved on or be only in visitation if they had reached closure or peace with that part of their physical existence. I don't believe the cliché thing in a lot of ghost hunt programs about saying a prayer and go towards the light, it doesn't suit every spirit's beliefs/desires surely and is very simplistic and quick. It's a sad thing to think about spirit forms who are lost, how the heck do you solve a problem like that, it's tough enough to wade through a bout of darkness whilst alive in the present world!

I agree Dancing Corpse. It is constricting to merely call it "mental illness". But for the purposes of this conversation, I think everyone gets the gist. I would venture to say that mentall illness in the living is really more of a spiritual problem that we have chosen to believe is organic. Sure, there's things like epilepsy and parkinsons etc. which really are organic misfiring of the brain, which serves as the main processor for the spirit while it interfaces with the material world. But spiritual illness is one as a result of trauma to the personality or of choices we make.

It really is simplistic to think that telling a ghost deeply twisted in spirit to "go to the light". I'd imagine a lot more convicing would have to be done in most cases. But in those cases where the spirit isn't aware it's dead fully, I think that might suffice. But for those heavily twisted souls that can't let go, I'd think just having a regular conversation with them, like you're advising a live person would work better. And I doubt those conversations could solve the problem all in one shot. For some really hard cases it might take a year or more even to finally nudge the spirit on?

• Like 1

I agree Dancing Corpse. It is constricting to merely call it "mental illness". But for the purposes of this conversation, I think everyone gets the gist. I would venture to say that mentall illness in the living is really more of a spiritual problem that we have chosen to believe is organic. Sure, there's things like epilepsy and parkinsons etc. which really are organic misfiring of the brain, which serves as the main processor for the spirit while it interfaces with the material world. But spiritual illness is one as a result of trauma to the personality or of choices we make.

It really is simplistic to think that telling a ghost deeply twisted in spirit to "go to the light". I'd imagine a lot more convicing would have to be done in most cases. But in those cases where the spirit isn't aware it's dead fully, I think that might suffice. But for those heavily twisted souls that can't let go, I'd think just having a regular conversation with them, like you're advising a live person would work better. And I doubt those conversations could solve the problem all in one shot. For some really hard cases it might take a year or more even to finally nudge the spirit on?

And because you think mental illness is 'spiritual' that is one of the reasons it has such a stigma in society today.

IS cancer or diabetes spiritual? NO. Neither is mental illness. No matter what you THINK, it is organic and has been proven so.

Home indentarrow.gifInform Yourselfindentarrow.gifAbout Mental Illness indentarrow.gifMental Illnesses

addthis.gif | printicon3.gif | |

By_Illness_Header.gif

What is mental illness?

A mental illness is a medical condition that disrupts a person's thinking, feeling, mood, ability to relate to others and daily functioning. Just as diabetes is a disorder of the pancreas, mental illnesses are medical conditions that often result in a diminished capacity for coping with the ordinary demands of life.

Serious mental illnesses include major depression, schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD), panic disorder, posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD) and borderline personality disorder. The good news about mental illness is that recovery is possible.

Mental illnesses can affect persons of any age, race, religion or income. Mental illnesses are not the result of personal weakness, lack of character or poor upbringing. Mental illnesses are treatable. Most people diagnosed with a serious mental illness can experience relief from their symptoms by actively participating in an individual treatment plan.

http://www.nami.org/

For Heaven's sake, read a link, do some research or something.

Although the exact cause of most mental illnesses is not known, it is becoming clear through research that many of these conditions are caused by a combination of genetic, biological, psychological, and environmental factors -- not personal weakness or a character defect -- and recovery from a mental illness is not simply a matter of will and self-discipline.

• Heredity (genetics): Many mental illnesses run in families, suggesting they may be passed on from parents to children through genes. Genes contain instructions for the function of each cell in the body and are responsible for how we look, act, think, etc. However, just because your mother or father may have or had a mental illness doesn't mean you will have one. Hereditary just means that you are more likely to get the condition than if you didn't have an affected family member. Experts believe that many mental conditions are linked to problems in multiple genes -- not just one, as with many diseases -- which is why a person inherits a susceptibility to a mental disorder but doesn't always develop the condition. The disorder itself occurs from the interaction of these genes and other factors -- such as psychological trauma and environmental stressors -- which can influence, or trigger, the illness in a person who has inherited a susceptibility to it.
  • Biology: Some mental illnesses have been linked to an abnormal balance of brain chemicals called neurotransmitters. Neurotransmitters help nerve cells in the brain to communicate with each other. If these chemicals are out of balance or are not working properly, messages may not make it through the brain correctly, leading to symptoms of mental illness. In addition, defects in or injury to certain areas of the brain also have been linked to some mental conditions. Also, recent studies also show inflammation may have a role in the development of mental illness.
  • Psychological trauma: Some mental illnesses may be triggered by psychological trauma suffered as a child or teenager, such as
    • severe emotional, physical, or sexual abuse
    • a significant early loss, such as the loss of a parent
    • neglect

[*]Environmental stressors: Certain stressors -- such as a death or divorce, a dysfunctional family life, changing jobs or schools, and substance abuse -- can trigger a disorder in a person who may be at risk for developing a mental illness.

[*] Can Mental Illness Be Prevented?

Unfortunately, most mental illnesses are caused by a combination of factors and cannot be prevented.

How Common Is Mental Illness?

Mental illnesses are very common. In fact, they are more common than cancer, diabetes, or heart disease. According to the National Institute of Mental Health, about 25% of American adults (those ages 18 and older) and about 13% of American children (those ages 8 to 15) are diagnosed with a mental disorder during a given year.

Major depression, bipolar disorder, and schizophrenia are among the U.S.'s top 10 leading causes of disability.

Mental illness does not discriminate. It can affect people of any age, income or educational level, and cultural background. Although mental illness affects both males and females, certain conditions -- such as eating disorders -- tend to occur more often in females, and other disorders -- such as attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) -- more commonly occur in male children.

How Is Mental Illness Treated?

A mental illness, like many chronic illnesses, requires ongoing treatment. Fortunately, much progress has been made in the last two decades in treating mental illnesses. As a result, many mental conditions can be effectively treated with one or a combination of the following therapies:

[*]Medication

[*]Psychotherapy, such as individual or group therapy

[*]Day treatment or partial hospital treatment

[*]Specific therapies, such as cognitive behavioral therapy and behavior modification

Other treatments available include:

• Alternative therapies, such as water therapy, massage, and biofeedback
  • Creative therapies, such as art therapy, music therapy, or play therapy
  • Hypnotherapy
  • Electroconvulsive therapy (ECT)
  • Vagus nerve stimulation (VNS)
  • Transcranial magnetic stimulation (TMS)

What Is the Outlook for People With Mental Illness?

When diagnosed early and treated properly, many people fully recover from their mental illness or are able to successfully control their symptoms. Although some people become disabled because of a chronic or severe mental illness, many others are able to live full and productive lives. In fact, as many as eight in 10 people suffering from a mental illness can effectively return to their normal activities if they receive appropriate treatment.

http://www.webmd.com/mental-health/mental-illness-basics

Now, as constructive arguments go, you post a valid argument from a valid website where it states mental illness is caused by a trauma wherein the spirit is yanked from the body at death. And, please where there is no medical or biological explanation to mental illness.

• Like 1

That is my point exactly. If the spirit is separate from the body, mental illness would not travel into the afterlife, just as cancer would not. Do you see where I'm coming from?

I see a confusion here.

The question isn't a mental illness that someone has during the life. Occurs that in the after life, in the transition among be live incarnated and be no more incarnated, the spirit pass by an experience that, many times, isn't well assimilated by the creature. Troubled with its new condition, many persons can manifest, in the post mortem, mental problems that they never had during life.

Someone that can has been mentally healthy, considering a clinical pattern of normality, when faced with the situation of post mortem (hostility of other spirits, a new perspective with which can appreciate its own actions during the past life), these are factors that can trigger an imbalance of Being in the post mortem.

The spiritist literature emphasizes that in the post mortem, the thought is decisive in the configuration of the reality that the disembodied spirit will go to experimence. These spirits are often victims of illusions created by their own beliefs and feelings. The feeling of guilt and, for example, is a creator of monsters.

There are examples of cases of blind people in life whose, in the post mortem, long remained blind. But, in fact, the factors that caused the organic blindness no longer were present.

So these people would not suffer more deprivation of the vision, not really - but still beliving that remain blind, like in incarnated condition, they think that still are blind and remain in this condition until they be rescued. Then, they receive the treatment of deconditioning from the past life. Cases like this are quoted and commented, for example, in the book spiritist "Memoirs of a Suicide" by Yvone A. Pereira (Memórias de um suicida).

Edited by Ligia Cabus
  • Like 1

I see a confusion here.

The question isn't a mental illness that someone has during the life. Occurs that in the after life, in the transition among be live incarnated and be no more incarnated, the spirit pass by an experience that, many times, isn't well assimilated by the creature. Troubled with its new condition, many persons can manifest, in the post mortem, mental problems that they never had during life.

Someone that can has been mentally healthy, considering a clinical pattern of normality, when faced with the situation of post mortem (hostility of other spirits, a new perspective with which can appreciate its own actions during the past life), these are factors that can trigger an imbalance of Being in the post mortem.

The spiritist literature emphasizes that in the post mortem, the thought is decisive in the configuration of the reality that the disembodied spirit will go to experimence. These spirits are often victims of illusions created by their own beliefs and feelings. The feeling of guilt and, for example, is a creator of monsters.

There are examples of cases of blind people in life whose, in the post mortem, long remained blind. But, in fact, the factors that caused the organic blindness no longer were present.

So these people would not suffer more deprivation of the vision, not really - but still beliving that remain blind, like in incarnated condition, they think that still are blind and remain in this condition until they be rescued. Then, they receive the treatment of deconditioning from the past life. Cases like this are quoted and commented, for example, in the book spiritist "Memoirs of a Suicide" by Yvone A. Pereira (Memórias de um suicida).

Yes, a book based on theory and opinion not facts and science.

No one actually knows what happens when we die, it's based on faith.

To state that someone could acquire a mental illness after death, is still offensive as it still is the same thing as saying you could acquire cancer after death.

Emotional turmoil is not necessarily mental illness. That is where this thread suffers and is ignorant.

• Like 1

Mind and brain are not synonymous, nor in terms of academic science.

No one said they were, not even the quote you replied to.

According to academic science mental illness is caused by factors in the brain.

• Like 2

No one said they were, not even the quote you replied to.

According to academic science mental illness is caused by factors in the brain.

Oh, someone said...

IF ghosts exists they would have to have a brain to be mentally ill.

They would to have a brain? What kind of brain? A gray mass?

This is an affirmation that associates cleary mind and brain. More, associates the brain with mental illness but the premise of this topic is the existence of disembodied spirits, ghosts.To make a claim like this association is necessary to have a precise definition of mind is. I'm waiting and wondering: objectively, What is MIND?

To make a claim like this, this kind of association - is necessary to have a precise definition of what is mind. I'm asking and waiting the answer: objectively, What is MIND? Where is the definition of Mind in the argumentation of the great sages of this topic?

But the psychiatry still wasn't able to define the nature of of the thoughts or of the mind - lato sensu (in wide sense). Recent experiments has revealed that the thoughts can be projected like a kind of energy, able move a computer's cursor, for example, allowing to paralised persons interact with machines. This is psychokinesis. Only one of the phenomenons which prove that the secrets of the mind and the thoughts aren't a closed question to the science.

Ghost WOULD HAVE A BRAIN... YEAH! BUT... What kind of brain? A gray mass? Dense, like the substance of physical body? What thinks in us? The brain? The spirit?

And if the brain function reveal itself only as a complex medium, but simple medium or device for receiving and transmitting messages, as proposed by the bio-chemical Rupert Sheldrake - and mental illness be - a result of a device broken?

*snip*

Edited by Saru
Removed flame
  • Like 1

Thread cleaned

Can we keep the comments civil and respectful please, no name calling or derogatory personal remarks

Thread cleaned

Can we keep the comments civil and respectful please, no name calling or derogatory personal remarks

Thank you very much.

Oh, someone said...

This is an affirmation that associates cleary mind and brain. More, associates the brain with mental illness but the premise of this topic is the existence of disembodied spirits, ghosts.To make a claim like this association is necessary to have a precise definition of mind is. I'm waiting and wondering: objectively, What is MIND?

To make a claim like this, this kind of association - is necessary to have a precise definition of what is mind. I'm asking and waiting the answer: objectively, What is MIND? Where is the definition of Mind in the argumentation of the great sages of this topic?

But the psychiatry still wasn't able to define the nature of of the thoughts or of the mind - lato sensu (in wide sense). Recent experiments has revealed that the thoughts can be projected like a kind of energy, able move a computer's cursor, for example, allowing to paralised persons interact with machines. This is psychokinesis. Only one of the phenomenons which prove that the secrets of the mind and the thoughts aren't a closed question to the science.

Ghost WOULD HAVE A BRAIN... YEAH! BUT... What kind of brain? A gray mass? Dense, like the substance of physical body? What thinks in us? The brain? The spirit?

And if the brain function reveal itself only as a complex medium, but simple medium or device for receiving and transmitting messages, as proposed by the bio-chemical Rupert Sheldrake - and mental illness be - a result of a device broken?

*snip*

I am aware of the mind-body dichotomy. I have read Sir Arthur Conan Doyle and ectoplasm is mainly thought to be hoaxed. Cheesecloth was used in Doyle's day.

Please provide evidence where telekinesis actually exists. I am not just copying and pasting, I am giving facts and backing them up.

Philosophy is supposed to be a rational study or thinking of a subject.

Science has come a long way since Doyle's book on spiritualism.

Ofcourse, unless you can demonstrate mental awareness without a brain.
I'm waiting and wondering: objectively, What is MIND?
Cognition and related faculties that maintain consciousness.
A brain is an organ, part of the central nervous system. Please don't mix quackery with biology.
  • Like 1

coldethyl I think you are taking this too personally. I am mentally ill and don't take offence to the thread. When I read the title I thought it was an interesting idea to consider. But perhaps SSihouette means "spiritually ill" instead of mentally ill. And perhaps that illness makes manifest a deprived energy. A spiritual echo. Imagine a long cry of pain that echoes and is heard longer than a simple word. When a person who is spiritually ill dies that sense of pain can leave a shadow, echo, remnant of themselves after their bodies have physically died.

• Like 2

coldethyl I think you are taking this too personally. I am mentally ill and don't take offence to the thread. When I read the title I thought it was an interesting idea to consider. But perhaps SSihouette means "spiritually ill" instead of mentally ill. And perhaps that illness makes manifest a deprived energy. A spiritual echo. Imagine a long cry of pain that echoes and is heard longer than a simple word. When a person who is spiritually ill dies that sense of pain can leave a shadow, echo, remnant of themselves after their bodies have physically died.

Perhaps you missed the message Saru removed where I was personally attacked.

I too am mentally ill and I do not like to perpertrate the stigma associated with it. I see it constantly and have experienced it personally. That is why I will defy ignorance of any kind when it comes to the subject.

If she means spiritually ill, then she should say so, as I have stated more than once what mental illness is and get no coherent response.

I appreciate your response, but as you even state, the OP does not clearly know what she is referring to.

• Like 1

I don't think he or she meant to know. That's why they opened it up for discussion. I do not know of the stigma attached to mental illness. The mind is a body part like any other. If you have a illness in your kidney or heart, what stigma is attached. Don't feel that way any longer. Just poof it a way. But the statement was that ghosts had mental illness, not necessarily that mentally ill people created ghosts. At least that is how I read it.

• Like 1

Wouldn't a 'ghost' still have the characteristics of the person that died..like if a crazy dude died and left his ghost wouldn't the ghost be a crazy ghost...? I don't know seems legit if you believe in ghosts in the first place ?

• Like 1

I don't think he or she meant to know. That's why they opened it up for discussion. I do not know of the stigma attached to mental illness. The mind is a body part like any other. If you have a illness in your kidney or heart, what stigma is attached. Don't feel that way any longer. Just poof it a way. But the statement was that ghosts had mental illness, not necessarily that mentally ill people created ghosts. At least that is how I read it.

Well if you do not know of the stigma attached to mental illness, you are very lucky. visit www.nami.org and read some stories there.

My point exactly about other illnessess. If you state you have cancer or you have diabetes, you are most likely to have a response of sympathy and understanding. If you state you have bi-polar illness or ocd you have a reaction of fear and ignorance. If you don't believe me, I worked for insurance companies when they FINALLY made it MANDATORY for mental illness to be covered just as a medical illness as it has not been until now. And just look at the post below. "crazy dude" Stigma.

definition:

a mark of disgrace or infamy; a stain or reproach, as on one's reputation. source: http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/stigma

Wouldn't a 'ghost' still have the characteristics of the person that died..like if a crazy dude died and left his ghost wouldn't the ghost be a crazy ghost...? I don't know seems legit if you believe in ghosts in the first place ?

If you believe. I guess it depends on your definition of a soul, the mind-body dichotomy, your faith and/or religion and if you know what the definition of mental illness is. If you think so, then you would also have to believe that someone with cancer would have cancer as well.

I think you are projecting and derailing the discussion. No offence. If you could put your personal experiences aside, don't you think this is an interesting discussion? There are people who see ghosts. Not sure if it is real or not. But the question of whether some people don't pass on. Why not? If a ghost had a mental illness or spiritual illness it could create a situation that has them 'echo.' Like they linger, the was a smell or a crying out would linger. The energy they have is more striking. Think if a man is killed and is silent or ifa man is killed and is screaming as he dies. The emotional energy of the screaming man lasts longer. Perhaps the anguish of the person has the same effect.

• Like 1

I think you are projecting and derailing the discussion. No offence. If you could put your personal experiences aside, don't you think this is an interesting discussion? There are people who see ghosts. Not sure if it is real or not. But the question of whether some people don't pass on. Why not? If a ghost had a mental illness or spiritual illness it could create a situation that has them 'echo.' Like they linger, the was a smell or a crying out would linger. The energy they have is more striking. Think if a man is killed and is silent or ifa man is killed and is screaming as he dies. The emotional energy of the screaming man lasts longer. Perhaps the anguish of the person has the same effect.

I am sorry you feel that way, but I am not derailing in any way. I am trying to educate what mental illness is as the OP does not seem to 'get it'.

This was my second post:

IF you believe in hauntings. Murders have nothing to do with mental illness unless possibly committed by a serial killer and that would fall under sociopathy. Technically Sociopathy is an antisocial personality disorder as is psychopathy and both are not curable and sometimes debated if they fall under the category of mental illness. BUT serial killing is rarer than you think percentage wise.

As for as deep regrets, since when is that a mental illness? I believe you need to research mental illness a bit further.

Obsessive attachments could fall under the category of OCD or obsessive compulsive disorder and I know of no cases where someone was killed or died from OCD. People who are obsessed with someone and kill them are usually spouses/boyfriend/girlfriend and it is an impulse killing in the heat of a passionate argument. Research murders and serial killers as I have. You will find that an incredibly small amount of people are actually killed by people who are actually mentally ill.

Some suicides but not all could fall under mentally ill. But again, it's not a huge percentage of mentally ill people that go around offing themselves. A lot of suicides are committed by men who have lost their jobs or elderly people who are terminally ill.

Please be a bit more respectful of people who are mentally ill before you lump us all into categories that do not exist and do a bit more research before you do the categorizing. :tu:

From everything I've read on here the people that do not 'pass on' as you say are called residual hauntings and it is like a record playing over and over. I don't see a connection with mental illness.

Please provide evidence where telekinesis actually exists.

21/11/2012 - Mind-Controlled Cursor Quicker to Read User's Mind

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/49915355/ns/technology_and_science-tech_and_gadgets/t/mind-controlled-cursor-quicker-read-users-mind/#.ULGV_6AW738

AND

02/07/20122 - GAIDOS, Susan. Mind-Controlled

http://www.sciencenews.org/view/feature/id/331395/title/Mind-Controlled

... Efforts to develop machines that can be controlled by the human mind began in the 1960s when scientists first put single electrodes into the brains of monkeys to record neural activity. To the researchers’ surprise, they found that some cells in areas that control movement start firing before an animal actually moves. Scientists later discovered that these areas are active because the brain plans movements well before it carries them out.

People whose spinal cords have been damaged so that they can no longer deliver signals to the limbs are still able to produce the necessary planning signals in the brain. It is these signals that the researchers aim to capture and decode, making this science fiction vision a reality.

• Like 1