Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

How do you make the hate stop?

Gary Meadows

Something has become very clear for me today. I feel it is a step forward but I am not quite there.

I often fight with the right wing/conservative side. Their hate makes me very upset and I react badly. But it just occured to me, I have become to hate them for the same reasons that they hate who they hate. I know they hate me and my views, so I hate them back. Am I different? No.

I don't want to hate them anymore. So my question is this. How do you drop the hate and the anger?

I need it badly.

Peace to everyone.

• Like 5

just dont hate. what has hate ever brought people? KKK killed thousands of blacks and wat came out of that? the black panthers. hate breeds hate, people are more open if your not trying to shove something down their throats and telling them they are wrong you have to TALK not argue.

• Like 2

just dont hate. what has hate ever brought people? KKK killed thousands of blacks and wat came out of that? the black panthers. hate breeds hate, people are more open if your not trying to shove something down their throats and telling them they are wrong you have to TALK not argue.

I wish it was easy. It boils my blood, a very powerful force.

Thanks

I was like that once. Now I have learner that is easier to love than hats & it is even easier to ignore.

I wish it was easy. It boils my blood, a very powerful force.

Thanks

i understand man, you will learn not to. i had the same prolblem (its worst was around 14 yrs old) now im 17 so it doesnt take tht long once you want to change.

Something has become very clear for me today. I feel it is a step forward but I am not quite there.

I often fight with the right wing/conservative side. Their hate makes me very upset and I react badly. But it just occured to me, I have become to hate them for the same reasons that they hate who they hate. I know they hate me and my views, so I hate them back. Am I different? No.

I don't want to hate them anymore. So my question is this. How do you drop the hate and the anger?

I need it badly.

Peace to everyone.

You must be dealing with the extreme because I'm right/conservative and don't hate anybody. And you could say the same about the extreme left and their hate.

• Like 4

I need it badly.

Peace to everyone.

So what you're saying is, when some people express views that do not align with yours, those views are 'hate', yes? I don't 'hate' anybody, (Even people that call me a 'xenophobic pig!) I'm just concerned when I see the slow, inexorable advance of a medieval, repressive belief system across my country unopposed (no - actively aided) by the powers that be!

Hate isn't a one-way street. Google 'Weyman Bennett' and enjoy a real dose of hatred!

Edited by ealdwita
  • Like 5

Hate breeds hate. You just have to realize life is too short to get angry because someone thinks differently than you.

It reminds me of a Twilight Zone episode where the man wished everyone was like him because absolutely everyone annoyed him. He got his wish and found out exactly how obnoxious he was. Instead of focusing on his own faults he was blaming other people for how miserable he was.

I find, most of the time, the world gives back to you what you put out.

• Like 2

It does seem as though there is a growing divide between the 'Right' and the 'Left' : Conservative/Liberal... With both sides more and more refusing to meet 'in the middle'...

I blame the media mostly (but then I blame them for quite a bit of whats bad in the world today)... They seem to feed on all the negativity - from both sides - and the people sit in front of their TV's and get 24/7 indoctrination in all the 'hate'....

I feel if more people turned off their TV's there would be less hate in the world...

• Like 4

You're probably right, Taun.

Hate is a part of human life. There really is no way to stop it.

For example, ever convince a conspiracy theorists of their errors? Will never happen.

That's just the sad reality. Same for hate. In fact, hate is actually a part of the CT psyche.

The best we can do is to ignore hateful people and mitigate their influence on the rest of society.

Other than that, welcome to the real world.

So what you're saying is, when some people express views that do not align with yours, those views are 'hate', yes? I don't 'hate' anybody, (Even people that call me a 'xenophobic pig!) I'm just concerned when I see the slow, inexorable advance of a medieval, repressive belief system across my country unopposed (no - actively aided) by the powers that be!

Hate isn't a one-way street. Google 'Weyman Bennett' and enjoy a real dose of hatred!

I am sorry to have offended you. I speak and react to quick.

This was a peace offering.

• Like 1

[media=]

[/media]

skip to about one hour in. they talk about this topic kinda.

Edited by notoverrated

Hate is a part of human life. There really is no way to stop it.

For example, ever convince a conspiracy theorists of their errors? Will never happen.

That's just the sad reality. Same for hate. In fact, hate is actually a part of the CT psyche.

The best we can do is to ignore hateful people and mitigate their influence on the rest of society.

Other than that, welcome to the real world.

you can always convince someone of something as long as you dont threaten them (not literally) but if they feel they are under attack they curl up and reject everything. people seriously need to learn how to talk to others you need to make people feel like they have a say and have ideas that are appreciated.

...you can always convince someone of something as long as you dont threaten them...

You know as well as I do that that is rarely, rarely true.

Edit. With regards to CT's anyway.

Edited by pallidin

You know as well as I do that that is rarely, rarely true.

Edit. With regards to CT's anyway.

i truly belive that it is true. i think that could change a lot of stuff.

Ignore them..just blank it all out.. ( I know that at times can be easier said than done )

• Like 1

Well, I hope your right.

I don't see it happening at all. I see things getting worse, and nothing to stop it.

Remember, this world is wrapped with VERY strong ideological differences, some political, some religious.

All very powerful, much more so than even a century ago.

We're just like rabid cats and dogs in a sealed cage with only one bowl of food.

• Like 1

Believe as I believe or I will hate you. Unfortunately that's a lot of peoples attitude. Always has been and always will be. You just have to realize that everyone has a right to their opinion even if it doesn't agree with yours and if they get an attitude put them on your ignore list.

• Like 2

I need it badly.

Peace to everyone.

Jeff, sounds like your letting yourself get too caught up with your emotions. When it causes you to feel anger and hate, in which drains you emotionally, you should ask yourself; Is it worth it? The answer of course is probably: NO. Not at least when you want peace of mind and sanity.

So try this next time, when you find yourself getting caught up in all that resentment, anger and hate band wagon, step outside yourself and look at what's going on. Stop participating in the moment of emotional chaos and observe yourself, let your higherself concentrate on those feelings by paying attention to them. Don't ask yourself questions like: What am I doing? or What's going on with me? Don't even tell yourself: Stop that! or Don't do that! Don't say anything to yourself when this is going on. Just notice and quietly observe what's happening inside with your thoughts and emotions. Just like you would do in the outside world when something interesting happens in front of you, as your walking along minding your own business. You take notice of it, right? By doing this, you take control of your emotions and not let them control you. And what you thought was so important was not so important with all those emotions behind it, because these emotions slowly disappear from your lowerself as you take personal notice of them.

All you have to do is step outside yourself when this stuff is going on, for a few moments, and take notice. You'll see how your negatively acting and naturally correct it. It's a good habit and before long you'll find yourself doing this all the time. And at some point with practice, you'll notice these negative emotions began disappearing as quickly as they came.

P.S. Your not suppressing these negative emotions, by the way, with this practice, your just totally observing and taking notice of their presence. Thus taking control of a unwanted negative moment in your life.

• Like 3

Hate breeds hate. You just have to realize life is too short to get angry because someone thinks differently than you.

It reminds me of a Twilight Zone episode where the man wished everyone was like him because absolutely everyone annoyed him. He got his wish and found out exactly how obnoxious he was. Instead of focusing on his own faults he was blaming other people for how miserable he was.

I find, most of the time, the world gives back to you what you put out.

I was just telling a friend of mine about that episode! It was so funny, too, when he met himself as a woman (of course it was just him in a dress and wig and whatnot).

@Jeffertonturner: You have got a lot of good advice here, my friend. I always thought it was liberals who were hateful, and their supporters (like Bill Maher), but as someone else said (not trying to be a copycat, sorry) probably the extremists on either side tend to get hateful, and sometimes people slip up (like Rush Limbaugh).

I'm a conservative but I realize some liberals have good intentions and really want to help, and I try never to be hateful, and keep an open mind (though not so open my brains fall out), and I try NEVER to resort to childish name-calling or ad hominem attacks.

Peace to you, and good point.

• Like 2

I need it badly.

Peace to everyone.

That's because you have a very narrow one sided view, try and see things from both sides then like me you'll hate no one.

• Like 1

It does seem as though there is a growing divide between the 'Right' and the 'Left' : Conservative/Liberal... With both sides more and more refusing to meet 'in the middle'...

I blame the media mostly (but then I blame them for quite a bit of whats bad in the world today)... They seem to feed on all the negativity - from both sides - and the people sit in front of their TV's and get 24/7 indoctrination in all the 'hate'....

I feel if more people turned off their TV's there would be less hate in the world...

Excellent post! I feel like it has become a very heated sporting event.

Our politicians won't give an inch and so nothing ever progresses. I am not even advocating for "giving in" but dialogue and two-way communication. Campaign commercials and media spin doctoring or sensationalizing etc makes me ill. I dislike them all. We are a planet of such a mixed bag of individuals we can't progress, problem-solve, be creative and pragmatic at one extreme or the other.

Hate stalls anything positive. Period.

Edited by QuiteContrary