Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

'Tomatoes are Christian,' Salafi group warns

Still Waters

A Salafi group called the "Popular Egyptian Islamic Association" has warned Muslims against eating tomatoes on the grounds that the fruit is a "Christian food," NowLebanon.com has reported.

The group based its claim on the fact that a shape resembling a cross is revealed when one cuts a tomato in half.

The association published the warning on its Facebook page with a photo of a tomato cut in half, revealing a cross-shaped interior.

http://www.hurriyetd...3&NewsCatID=393

• Like 3

sometimes you wonder whether religious nuts don't have a job that keeps them occupied...

• Like 1

Red Onions are Satanists..!!!

Edited by BrianPotter
  • Like 3

I've said it before and I'll say it again.

dolan-duck-gooby-pls-6689_preview.jpg

• Like 1

Well, an Apple has a five pointed Star in the middle if you cut it in half horizontally. What does that tell us?

Well, I expect it's probably something to do with the Illiminati. Most things are. :santa:

• Like 5

They should avoid anything grown from seeds, because Jesus talked about sowing seeds and the growth of seeds.

(Ealdwita Useless Snippet alert)

The 'cross' shape seen in a dissected tomato isn't the crux ordinaria or 'Latin' cross of Christianity. It's shaped more like the heraldic 'cross pattée, or formée, which is the shape used for the German Iron Cross award. So forget the Christian threat, but keep your eyes peeled for those dastardly Jerries!

s6794.gif

• Like 6

And what about Donkeys, then? According to popular legend, the cross pattern on their back originated when Christ rode one into Jerusalem.

• Like 2

Well, see, that's just, you know, um, oh heck :hmm::huh::unsure2:

• Like 3

And what about Donkeys, then? According to popular legend, the cross pattern on their back originated when Christ rode one into Jerusalem.

oo 'eck, don't let 'Mule' see that or it'll get him even more depressed than usual!

• Like 3

They could still have beefsteak tomatoes, they don't look like that. That looks like a plum tomato.

They could still have beefsteak tomatoes, they don't look like that. That looks like a plum tomato.

I was thinking the same thing. There are lot's of tomatoes that don't have a cross in them.

I guess I can sympathise a bit with them on this... I mean in the grand scheme of things Islam is a realtively young religion (as major religions go) and all the good foods have already been taken...

Whats left? Asparagus? I'd be depressed too....

Hmmm... I think they must have found Christian symbolism in the definition of "common sense" :passifier:

Are scarecrows Christian too ?

I guess I can sympathise a bit with them on this... I mean in the grand scheme of things Islam is a realtively young religion (as major religions go) and all the good foods have already been taken...

Whats left? Asparagus? I'd be depressed too....

and celery... where is Cenobite?

About the OP, no one takes such people seriously, but they do provide a source for some good jokes and right now Egyptians need a good laugh!

• Like 1

oo 'eck, don't let 'Mule' see that or it'll get him even more depressed than usual!

*squealing with glee*

and celery... where is Cenobite?

About the OP, no one takes such people seriously, but they do provide a source for some good jokes and right now Egyptians need a good laugh!

Celery must be wiccan .When you cut slices,you get the crescent moon of the goddess .

*rolling*