Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Man Survives A Metal Rod Through The Head

ThePhantomFlanFlinger

A 24-year-old construction worker survived after a 6-foot metal bar fell from above and pierced his head, doctors said Friday.

Luiz Alexandre Essinger, chief of staff at Rio de Janeiro's Miguel Couto Hospital, said doctors

Ahh..ive had bigger splinters... :whistle: ...

Read more: http://www.dailymail...l#ixzz23sskIdXH

Edited by BrianPotter
  • Like 4

Ouch-Ouch-Ouch...OUCH! Damn that had to hurt!

After that, I think I would have my next hardhat made out of concrete.

• Like 2

'He was holding it and his face covered in blood. His look was as if nothing had happened. When he arrived he told the doctors he wasn't feeling anything, no pain, nothing. It's unbelievable.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail...l#ixzz23t9ZvD1i

Wasn't that bad apparently :hmm:

I heard that the brain doesn't feel pain, so I suppose that was some help.

Edited by Lrak
  • Like 2

Wasn't that bad apparently :hmm:

I heard that the brain doesn't feel pain, so I suppose that was some help.

Oh I read that...just can't believe it though. Must've felt something, at least maybe a little skull pressure or some erratic twitching. I dunno know....something. But I guess if he didn't he didn't, it's a miracle is all I can say.

• Like 2

I bet that made his eyes water!

• Like 1

He's very lucky to have survived that.

• Like 2

He's very lucky to have survived that.

I'm amazed that he did!

• Like 1

Reminds me of Phineas Gage, except this guy still has his left frontal lobe in tact. Anyways, this has to be the luckiest man ever. Hopefully there are no complications and all goes well for him.

• Like 1

This strange story makes a dozen jokes come to mind, but it seems a bit too easy to write any of them. Of course, I am amazed the man is alive and able to think but...

Did it blind his third eye?

• Like 1

There's been a few stories like this now. Construction sites can be very dangerous.

I heard one story a while back, a guy was standing on top a step-ladder, when he lost his balance and fell face first onto a 2m long steel rod sticking out of the ground. It went through his eye and out the back of his head, and he was now impaled on this rod. Another construction came across him and had to use a grinder to cut the rod and get him to the hospital. He ended up surviving with no major long term damage.

- I just tried finding the source to the story, but after searching in Google, I found dozens of stories like this but not the one I was looking for.

• Like 1

I have worked in construction on and off for about 8 years, and i've seen some bad accidents, but this... Wow. Even if he wasn't feeling pain, surely you would have to panic a bit with a rod sticking out of your head.

• Like 1

Why is it always "man survives this" or "man survives that"?

Why not " 6-foot metal rod survives five story fall" or "Nail heroically survives 12 hours in a mans skull"?

I need to sleep....

Edited by Imaginarynumber1
  • Like 1

Ouch, I'm getting a headache just reading that lol

• Like 1

Id sure be panicking, I'll admit enough to do something stupid like try an pull it out

• Like 1