Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Tap water straight from the mains sold

Still Waters

Supermarkets are selling bottled tap water to millions of unsuspecting customers.

Bottles of Tesco ‘Everyday Value Still Water’ and Asda ‘Smartprice Still Water’ are sitting on shelves alongside big brands of mineral water such as Evian and Perrier.

However, there is no explanation on the label of these supermarket brands that the contents are simply tap water.

http://www.dailymail...-customers.html

These supermarket own brands cost next to nothing but that's not the point. I bought two bottles of the Tesco Still Water two days ago. I only keep it in the house for emergencies like if the water supply gets cut off due to burst mains. Other times I use tap water and a water filter jug,

We know this here.

More than 50% of all bottled water sold in the USA,is tap.

Dassini is the biggest seller .

The only one I would drink,was Fiji water .It's legit ,but apparently the Government is so corrupt ,they use fear and intimidation to keep on top.

The Fiji govt is alleged to be illegal . Residents have no water,but they bottle it and sell it for millions in export.

There's a story about a reporter who went to the island to do an expose on them,and they kidnapped her ,and I think beat and menaced her for days.

I forget the details of the story now,but I haven't touched a bottle of Fiji,since.

Let me see if I can find the article about it.

Edited by Simbi Laveau

Just liek to remind everyone that if you go in there and ask for a glass of water they lagally have to give you one. So take a bottle to refill... lol

http://theniya.org/f...pin-the-bottle/

Wow,most of its been whitewashed from the internet .

This article has one line about it.. http://theniya.org/f...-freedom-index/

More bullying, lies and criminal activity by corperate companies.

Sad thing is I'm not suprised.

Horrible though, poor woman. :td:

• Like 2

I find it difficult to supress a chuckle when I see a bottle of water which has (allegedly) spent hundreds of years filtering itself down through layer upon layer of volcanic and mineral strata, sitting on a Supermarket shelf with a 'best before' label! Huh?

• Like 4

Well, not really shocking. There are subtle differences in water labeling. If it is called Mineral Water it has to come from a source and have a minimum mineral content. If it is called Table Water it can come from anywhere, even the tab.

I generally only buy liquids that are 40% proof... :whistle:

Edited by BrianPotter
  • Like 3

...anybody remember the "Only Fools and Horses" episode where Dell Boy and Rodney did exactly the same thing :w00t: absolutely classic!!

• Like 1

...anybody remember the "Only Fools and Horses" episode where Dell Boy and Rodney did exactly the same thing :w00t: absolutely classic!!

Just beat me to it,

Peckam Spring.

Peckham spring, i don't think i ever saw a bad episode of OFAH.

Have a good reverse osmosis system installed, you can even get one that filters out flouride for $125, it connects to your sink and is very easy to install. After running it through that, it's extreemely pure and the taste is unbelievable. Check it out.

http://www.qualitywa...ter-filter.html

Edited by Spid3rCyd3

It's a great marketing ploy. :)

Del Boy and Rodney did it in 1992 on Only Fools and Horses.

Del Boy and Rodney did it in 1992 on Only Fools and Horses.

Did you read the article? ;)

I've been trying to warn people about the scams of bottled water and organic food for years...mostly to deaf ears. *sigh*

I generally only buy liquids that are 40% proof... :whistle:

Sure you don't mean 40%ABV which is 70-80 proof. ;)

• Like 1

Years ago, we had access to a 400 ft. well from a defunct federal fisheries operation at the outlet of the second deepest lake in Canada. (Quesnel Lake - 1760 ft.) We were told that, "anyone could get their bottled water inspected and passed by a local health authority, you just have to build your own bottling plant, and compete with Evian, et. all..." So, it was a no go.

/'evian' spelled backwords... I'm not a conspiracy theorist, but...?

• Like 1

Sure you don't mean 40%ABV which is 70-80 proof. ;)

Aye...something like that...doesnt normally last long enough for me to read the label in detail... :P

• Like 1