Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

NRA Locked in Gun Battle

questionmark

The "God-given" part always makes me chuckle. :P

Well, the United States was founded upon the principle of unalienable rights.

And the government has no right to take those rights away.

Simple as that.

Edited by Drayno
  • Like 2

I am sure he is so sorry he is exercising his god-given rights to defend himself, his home, and his country. :whistle:

Given the current state of affairs perhaps the above should read:

I am sure he is so sorry he is exercising his god-given rights to defend himself, his home, and from his country.

• Like 1

I am sure he is so sorry he is exercising his god-given rights to defend himself, his home, and from his country.

Well played, sir! Well played. :D

paranoia

paranoia

It is not paranoia if our founding fathers foresaw the necessity of gun ownership.

Sic Semper Tyrannis.

• Like 2

It is not paranoia if our founding fathers foresaw the necessity of gun ownership.

Sic Semper Tyrannis.

If the FEMA camps are real I think folks like Ninjadude will volunteer to be guards. Never admitting the government can be tyrannical.
  • Like 1

Sic Semper Tyrannis.

And with those words a man murdered a democratically elected president. Does that make you feel good?

And with those words a man murdered a democratically elected president. Does that make you feel good?

Brutus said this when he stabbed Caesar.

Many Romans thought Julius Caesar was a dictator.

Thought Caesar was elected by public proclamation.

Or are you refering to John Wilkes Boothe?

So are you saying a democratically elected person can't become a dictator?

It is also the offical motto of Virginia.

paranoia

There is a VERY thin line between paranoia and reality

• Like 1

There is a VERY thin line between paranoia and reality

only for the paranoid.

• Like 2

I'm ok with the NRA.. Their funding is what allows the local gun club to give training and safety courses. And I think that's a good thing. I like other things about the NRA too.

However, I kind of can't understand why they would want to block a law requiring the reporting of missing or stolen firearms. I think that is something every gun owner should voluntarily do anyway- jinkies you can get into a lot of trouble otherwise if that firearm shows up on a crime scene. From my personal responsibility point of view- if I own a firearm and it gets stolen, that's my fault and darn tooting I should let the cops know I let a dangerous weapon out on the streets. And if nothing else, if other things get stolen from me I would probably report it, why wouldn't I report a firearm?

I also don't get why the NRA is flaking over PA trying to pass such law when a few other states already have such legislation in place. Some cities do too.

I'm ok with the NRA.. Their funding is what allows the local gun club to give training and safety courses. And I think that's a good thing. I like other things about the NRA too.

However, I kind of can't understand why they would want to block a law requiring the reporting of missing or stolen firearms. I think that is something every gun owner should voluntarily do anyway- jinkies you can get into a lot of trouble otherwise if that firearm shows up on a crime scene. From my personal responsibility point of view- if I own a firearm and it gets stolen, that's my fault and darn tooting I should let the cops know I let a dangerous weapon out on the streets. And if nothing else, if other things get stolen from me I would probably report it, why wouldn't I report a firearm?

I also don't get why the NRA is flaking over PA trying to pass such law when a few other states already have such legislation in place. Some cities do too.

My suspicion is that they know that most of the guns that disappear were neither lost nor stolen but sold under the table.

My suspicion is that they know that most of the guns that disappear were neither lost nor stolen but sold under the table.

Your suspicions and a few dollars will buy me lunch. :yes:

paranoia

Paranoia! Really!! You trust the American government Ninjadude to be looking after your citizens best interests? What about others opinions??

Edited by jugoso

Paranoia! Really!! You trust the American government Ninjadude to be looking after your citizens best interests? What about others opinions??

One thing is whether they are acting in your best interest, another quite different is whether the purpose of the government is to come to get you.

And while it is true that lately they are acting more in favor of special interests (where the dough is) they don't really have time to bother about you, but they have to, at least, keep a semblance of order else the whole thing pops sky high.

lmao. your imagination again, show at least 1 piece of evidence where someone sold under the table his regestered gun.

lmao. your imagination again, show at least 1 piece of evidence where someone sold under the table his regestered gun.

There is no other reason to block some self evident legislation, such as reporting a missing object that is designed for the unique purpose of inflicting bodily harm.

There is no other reason to block some self evident legislation, such as reporting a missing object that is designed for the unique purpose of inflicting bodily harm.

read the question again, and show some evidence on what your suspision is based.

and i mean solid factual evidence, not what you think it is.

p.s straw buys are not that evidence.

Edited by aztek

read the question again, and show some evidence on what your suspision is based.

]

My suspicion is based on the fact that there is no other rational explanation for the NRA squealing against it.

That is good enough for me.

You statement can be broken down and discredited in 2 ways.

"There is no other reason to block some self evident legislation" - There are other reasons. One would be because they feel that each law involving firearms has the possibility of snowballing into much more regulations.

"that is designed for the unique purpose of inflicting bodily harm" While inflicting bodily harm is the main purpose, many people use them only for target practice.

If someone bought a gun illegally, what makes you think they would report it if it was stolen?

• Like 1

]

My suspicion is based on the fact that there is no other rational explanation for the NRA squealing against it.

That is good enough for me.

lol i hadly found any explanation of yours rational, lol.

lol i hadly found any explanation of yours rational, lol.

Hey, we know you. OK?

Sic Semper Tyrannis.

They didn't. notice the first part "A well regulated militia". Which in itself is an anachronism.

They didn't. notice the first part "A well regulated militia". Which in itself is an anachronism.

Notice that last part "the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

"On every question of construction (of the Constitution) let us carry ourselves back to the time when the Constitution was adopted, recollect the spirit manifested in the debates, and instead of trying what meaning may be squeezed out of the text, or invented against it, conform to the probable one in which it was passed." (Thomas Jefferson, letter to William Johnson, June 12, 1823, The Complete Jefferson, p. 322)

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"No Free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." (Thomas Jefferson, Proposal Virginia Constitution, 1 T. Jefferson Papers, 334,[C.J.Boyd, Ed., 1950])

"...to disarm the people - that was the best and most effectual way to enslave them." (George Mason, 3 Elliot, Debates at 380)

"Before a standing army can rule, the people must be disarmed; as they are in almost every kingdom of Europe. The supreme power in America cannot enforce unjust laws by the sword; because the whole body of the people are armed, and constitute a force superior to any bands of regular troops that can be, on any pretense, raised in the United States" (Noah Webster in 'An Examination into the Leading Principles of the Federal Constitution', 1787, a pamphlet aimed at swaying Pennsylvania toward ratification, in Paul Ford, ed., Pamphlets on the Constitution of the United States, at 56(New York, 1888))

Can find plenty more.

Edited by Bama13
  • Like 2

There is a lot of truth to that. Gun enthusiasts usually have registered firearms and at least one that isn't, because it was inherited and was never registered or whatever. Some people keep unregistered guns in case the government comes and takes away their registered ones. It isn't difficult to get one under the table.

Edited by Michelle
  • Like 1