Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Would you accept the Mark of the Beast?

Clarakore

MOTB Hypothetical Scenario #4  

92 members have voted

1. 1. If the Antichrist were real would you:

• Hide in the woods and survive by hunting white fighting back and resisting until the end?
    • Stay in the city and get persecuted for not accepting the mark?
    • Accept the mark and become a follower of the Antichrist?
    • Other?

Because there would be some tangible evidence.

Well, seeing that the first century context was the Roman tribune, shouldn't that be enough tangible evidence?

The mark was a public denunciation of Jesus and worship of pagans and the number of the beast's name was paying off the tribune.

How does that apply today?

Well, seeing that the first century context was the Roman tribune, shouldn't that be enough tangible evidence?

The mark was a public denunciation of Jesus and worship of pagans and the number of the beast's name was paying off the tribune.

Whichever way you like to define/explain it, the MotB would entail some divine intervention and actual transference of symbol to the physical, which would mean in your scenario, we would all at one point be in the presence of some angelic type of being who is dishing out the Abrahamic god's mark onto us.

That might be enough for even me to concur the existence of this god.

Whichever way you like to define/explain it, the MotB would entail some divine intervention and actual transference of symbol to the physical, which would mean in your scenario, we would all at one point be in the presence of some angelic type of being who is dishing out the Abrahamic god's mark onto us.

That might be enough for even me to concur the existence of this god.

Well, I don't think the author of Revelation imagined a divine being dishing out marks. In Deuteronomy, when Moses handed the Jews the copy of the Law, he told them to bind it on their forearm and keep as a leaflet between theor eyes. He was telling them to meditate and strictly adhere to the Law.

So the mark of the beast was a strict adherance to the Roman religion. Its nothing divine (but really more superstitious.)

Edited by Bluefinger

Well, I don't think the author of Revelation imagined a divine being dishing out marks. In Deuteronomy, when Moses handed the Jews the copy of the Law, he told them to bind it on their forearm and keep as a leaflet between theor eyes. He was telling them to meditate and strictly adhere to the Law.

So the mark of the beast was a strict adherance to the Roman religion. Its nothing divine (but really more superstitious.)

Dang . . . then forget about my convergence! :tu:

So, what's with all this Mark of the Beast crap in Revelations and 666 (it's actually 616 by the way :whistle: )

I guess I jumped the gun in 1978 when I got this tattoo?

jztjzt_th.jpg

Dang . . . then forget about my convergence! :tu:

So, what's with all this Mark of the Beast crap in Revelations and 666 (it's actually 616 by the way :whistle: )

Actually, its 666. The 616 number was being circulated as early as the second century and early Christian fathers like Iranaeus were discussing the error in 616.

I'm yet to find a confident number with 666, but I believe it has to do with money.

King Solomon's house income one year was 666 talents, and his house shadowed the temple. State religion at its best.

So the number of the beast represented, I believe, those who paid off the tribune to leave them be. So they didnt worship the state religion, but they didn't stand by what they believed and make a strong testimony.

I guess I jumped the gun in 1978 when I got this tattoo?

jztjzt_th.jpg

haha, yeeeeeah.

The nation of Israel being reestablished, "the generation shall not pass away". 50-60 years ago, those people are now old, but still around.

Not being able to buy, or sell, says it all. We should also mention what the Bible says that happens to those who refuse to take the mark.

Edited by Spid3rCyd3

Actually, its 666. The 616 number was being circulated as early as the second century and early Christian fathers like Iranaeus were discussing the error in 616.

I'm yet to find a confident number with 666, but I believe it has to do with money.

King Solomon's house income one year was 666 talents, and his house shadowed the temple. State religion at its best.

So the number of the beast represented, I believe, those who paid off the tribune to leave them be. So they didnt worship the state religion, but they didn't stand by what they believed and make a strong testimony.

haha, yeeeeeah.

So, you're saying that what is talked about in Revelations has come and gone already? That's not as prophetic as we were all hoping :blush:

According to Gematria the number 666 refers to The Number of the Beast, the Qliphoth, the Spirit of the Sun, Kether, Ra, the "Evil Triad" of Satan-Typhon, Apophras, and Besz, and the Name Jesus.

666 is the sum of the first 36 natural numbers. It is also the sum of the squares of the first 7 prime numbers. The first 144 digits of pi sum to 666.

In Qabalah 666 reflects Tiphareth, the Sephirah of the Sun, and the place of the God-Man/Man-God on the Tree of Life.

The Sun and Man are both reflections - in Macrocosm & Microcosm respectively - of the Life Force or Creative/Generative Energy.

The phrase Scarlet Woman can be written in Hebrew as AShH ShNI. That is 306 + 360 = 666

Lastly, 666 is the first of the triple scale numbers that will never appear on a digital clock. :no:

So, you're saying that what is talked about in Revelations has come and gone already? That's not as prophetic as we were all hoping :blush:

Lastly, 666 is the first of the triple scale numbers that will never appear on a digital clock. :no:

I dont believe what is stated in Revelations has come and gone yet

Wouldnt 661 or even 660 for that matter be the first triple scale number to never appear on a digital clock ?

I think it is. If you recall the beast to which the number represents, the beast was foretold to receive a mortal wound and be healed. Obviously the beast was the Roman Empire. Revelation was received at the traditional date of 98 CE. The Roman Empire fell in 476 CE when Romulus Augustus' father was killed and he was dethroned by Oadacer of the Heruli tribe. The Franks proceeded to conquer Gaul and the Roman bishop crowned Charlemagne as imperator Augustus, forming the Germanic Roman Empire, later called the Holy Roman Empire. The mortal wound was healed. Upon the healing of this wound, the beast was also given a mouth speaking great things, and that mouth was give dominion (territory) for forty-two months (1260 years?) and was allowed to persecute the saints. It just so happens that Charlemagne's father was crowned the first Carolingian king by the bishop of Rome in 752 CE. In return, Pepin promised to give the Exarchate of Ravenna to the bishop of Rome. They later became known as the Papal States. The pope was officially a king. Later, he was the authority on who was a heretic and who wasn't, which would determine who lived and who died after the official establishment of the Office of the Inquisition.

So much lines up hundreds of years after John received the Revelation. The mark of the beast, if this interpretation is correct, continued throughout the Dark Ages, and still continues to this day.

It wasn't ever Christianity that was bad. It was Romanism that was. Therefore Roman Christianity as a state religion was just a different name to the same brand of oppressive and cruel state religion that paganism once dominated. It is no wonder why Revelation dedicated two whole chapters (17-18) to the denunciation of mystery state religions that were often the instigators to the state oppression of God's people.

So, instead of focusing on the negativity of Christianity, I instead turn the reader's attention to the cruelty of Romanesque state religion. It is foretold in Christian prophecy that Jesus Himself layeths the smacketh down on it. Even the prophecy of St. Malachy predicts that the last pope (who comes after Benedict XVI) will see the destruction of the city of Rome. (Interestingly enough, 1260 years from the day the bishop of Rome first crowned a king [Pepin} brings us to 2012, the year Pope Benedict XVI elected the next Papal Conclave, amid leaks of secret information that assassination attempts have been planned against the pope.) We'll see if this interpretation even holds water.

According to Gematria the number 666 refers to The Number of the Beast, the Qliphoth, the Spirit of the Sun, Kether, Ra, the "Evil Triad" of Satan-Typhon, Apophras, and Besz, and the Name Jesus.

And Hitler, Nero, Stalin, Obama, and several others. I think Gematra wasn't being referred to here for two reasons. One, the author says, "Let him who has wisdom calculate the number of the beast..." Solomon, who earned 666 talents of gold one year just for being king, was the wisest of men. Seeing that the book of Revelation quotes so many Old Testament books it makes my head spin, it seems more logical to conclude that 666 is a reference to an Old Testament passage.

666 is the sum of the first 36 natural numbers. It is also the sum of the squares of the first 7 prime numbers. The first 144 digits of pi sum to 666.

But that meant nothing to the original audience, and doesn't really strike anything with me. Sorry, I just don't see how that is relevant, or how that applies to the Roman Empire.

In Qabalah 666 reflects Tiphareth, the Sephirah of the Sun, and the place of the God-Man/Man-God on the Tree of Life.

The Sun and Man are both reflections - in Macrocosm & Microcosm respectively - of the Life Force or Creative/Generative Energy.

Can you show me where you found that? Also, how does this apply to the Roman Empire?

The phrase Scarlet Woman can be written in Hebrew as AShH ShNI. That is 306 + 360 = 666

Interesting. However, the beast that the woman rides is scarlet, not the woman. The woman is dressed in purple and scarlet though, if that is what you meant.

lol. Funny. But seems irrelevant, especially since the original audience had sundials.

I think it is. If you recall the beast to which the number represents, the beast was foretold to receive a mortal wound and be healed. Obviously the beast was the Roman Empire. Revelation was received at the traditional date of 98 CE. The Roman Empire fell in 476 CE when Romulus Augustus' father was killed and he was dethroned by Oadacer of the Heruli tribe. The Franks proceeded to conquer Gaul and the Roman bishop crowned Charlemagne as imperator Augustus, forming the Germanic Roman Empire, later called the Holy Roman Empire. The mortal wound was healed. Upon the healing of this wound, the beast was also given a mouth speaking great things, and that mouth was give dominion (territory) for forty-two months (1260 years?) and was allowed to persecute the saints. It just so happens that Charlemagne's father was crowned the first Carolingian king by the bishop of Rome in 752 CE. In return, Pepin promised to give the Exarchate of Ravenna to the bishop of Rome. They later became known as the Papal States. The pope was officially a king. Later, he was the authority on who was a heretic and who wasn't, which would determine who lived and who died after the official establishment of the Office of the Inquisition.

So much lines up hundreds of years after John received the Revelation. The mark of the beast, if this interpretation is correct, continued throughout the Dark Ages, and still continues to this day.

It wasn't ever Christianity that was bad. It was Romanism that was. Therefore Roman Christianity as a state religion was just a different name to the same brand of oppressive and cruel state religion that paganism once dominated. It is no wonder why Revelation dedicated two whole chapters (17-18) to the denunciation of mystery state religions that were often the instigators to the state oppression of God's people.

So, instead of focusing on the negativity of Christianity, I instead turn the reader's attention to the cruelty of Romanesque state religion. It is foretold in Christian prophecy that Jesus Himself layeths the smacketh down on it. Even the prophecy of St. Malachy predicts that the last pope (who comes after Benedict XVI) will see the destruction of the city of Rome. (Interestingly enough, 1260 years from the day the bishop of Rome first crowned a king [Pepin} brings us to 2012, the year Pope Benedict XVI elected the next Papal Conclave, amid leaks of secret information that assassination attempts have been planned against the pope.) We'll see if this interpretation even holds water.

And Hitler, Nero, Stalin, Obama, and several others. I think Gematra wasn't being referred to here for two reasons. One, the author says, "Let him who has wisdom calculate the number of the beast..." Solomon, who earned 666 talents of gold one year just for being king, was the wisest of men. Seeing that the book of Revelation quotes so many Old Testament books it makes my head spin, it seems more logical to conclude that 666 is a reference to an Old Testament passage.

But that meant nothing to the original audience, and doesn't really strike anything with me. Sorry, I just don't see how that is relevant, or how that applies to the Roman Empire.

Can you show me where you found that? Also, how does this apply to the Roman Empire?

Interesting. However, the beast that the woman rides is scarlet, not the woman. The woman is dressed in purple and scarlet though, if that is what you meant.

lol. Funny. But seems irrelevant, especially since the original audience had sundials.

ok ok . . . obviously if I didn't get the association with the Roman Empire I would not be posting relevant stuff? :st Hello?

Your explanation seems plausible, I like it actually.

• Like 1

ok ok . . . obviously if I didn't get the association with the Roman Empire I would not be posting relevant stuff? :st Hello?

Your explanation seems plausible, I like it actually.

Thanks Etu,

Why do you like my explanation? What about it seems compelling and why?

I did some research into the alphabet since I used to use ouija boards alone and found out a clue...26x26=676. Is it any consulation that if you take 1-9 and 0 and use 676 to subtract 10 it equals 666? ON the ouija board it says 1-9 and 0 at the end. So you have to decide whether you subtract those numbers or not to accept what? The number of the Beast.

• Like 1

I did some research into the alphabet since I used to use ouija boards alone and found out a clue...26x26=676. Is it any consulation that if you take 1-9 and 0 and use 676 to subtract 10 it equals 666? ON the ouija board it says 1-9 and 0 at the end. So you have to decide whether you subtract those numbers or not to accept what? The number of the Beast.

Huh? How does that relate to the Roman Empire?

Huh? How does that relate to the Roman Empire?

I didn't say it did...it's a modern day reference that Ive been wondering about....besides I thought Revelation was about this day and age and not the Roman Empire...

I didn't say it did...it's a modern day reference that Ive been wondering about....besides I thought Revelation was about this day and age and not the Roman Empire...

If that were so, why would John have written to an audience in the first century?

It seems out of character of God to address one audience with the intent of addressing another.

At the end of Revelation it says "I am coming soon" a reference to Jesus ' ressurection/second coming. My impression was this was about modern day. And as for the original posting , my understanding is Jesus will go to war against the Antichrist. Nostradamus calls him the Third Antichrist. IF anything this may be a person that appears to everyone after the earth goes through a destructive transfor mation....( Dec.21st ). Thats if the prophesies are true.

So to really understand what Revelation is accounting for is a future reference. John had a vision of future events like Nostradamus. There is a great deal of mytstical references in Revelation that are there disguised in a certain way so that authorities didn't recognize it as 'witchcraft' and John coul'd avoid persecution.

nope cause obviously the one giving it to me doesn't have my best interests in mind so i would rather choose something that would help me and from a person that actually cares.

It would really depend on what the mark looked like and who was doing it. I'm assuming though if we are talking the anitchrist and satin, its going to probably be pretty bada** lol I picture like all the best tattoo artist from every Hells City Tattoo Convention ever putting a little piece of art on everyone who's deserving of it lol :tu:

• Like 1

I too think that Revelation is about this day and age

As for the huge gap between the text being written and Revelation coming to fruition it could possibly be due to giving humanity a chance to redeem itself

Luke 21 9 - 11

9 But when ye shall hear of wars and commotions, be not terrified: for these things must first come to pass; but the end is not by and by.

10 Then said he unto them, Nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom:

11 And great earthquakes shall be in divers places, and famines, and pestilences; and fearful sights and great signs shall there be from heaven.

As far as I can see, that which is in Bold is happening in our lifetime - here and now

The human race has always been at war and there has been many times throughout history people have starved because of poor growing conditions. However it does seem like its getting worse. Most of the US is in a drought and the food crops aren't doing that well which means there will be less meat too because there is less to feed the animals. Its not just the US either other countries have had bad harvests lately because of weather.

Then the fact we are using water faster than it can be replaced in the aquifers. We use this water to irrigate crops so there will be food to feed the mases. We use pesticides and herbicides that are becoming useless not to mention the soil is getting worn out. The population of the world is getting to the point this planet can't sustain it.

Plus people seem more violent than they use to be and doing some crazy stuff like eating peoples faces off.

Yes I would say there will probably be more wars, maybe even nuclear. One man may want to control everything because there will be so little natural resources left and if you don't take his mark, join his army, you will not be allowed to eat.

I will have to starve, I'm not afraid of death. I think death is a new beginning, a metamorphosis.

• Like 2

The human race has always been at war and there has been many times throughout history people have starved because of poor growing conditions. However it does seem like its getting worse. Most of the US is in a drought and the food crops aren't doing that well which means there will be less meat too because there is less to feed the animals. Its not just the US either other countries have had bad harvests lately because of weather.

Then the fact we are using water faster than it can be replaced in the aquifers. We use this water to irrigate crops so there will be food to feed the mases. We use pesticides and herbicides that are becoming useless not to mention the soil is getting worn out. The population of the world is getting to the point this planet can't sustain it.

Plus people seem more violent than they use to be and doing some crazy stuff like eating peoples faces off.

Yes I would say there will probably be more wars, maybe even nuclear. One man may want to control everything because there will be so little natural resources left and if you don't take his mark, join his army, you will not be allowed to eat.

I will have to starve, I'm not afraid of death. I think death is a new beginning, a metamorphosis.

Prophecy states that it'll probably be worse than starving to death if you refuse. I don't even want to think about it. I can't even imagine that human beings could behave in such a way.

Edited by Spid3rCyd3

Prophecy states that it'll probably be worse than starving to death if you refuse. I don't even want to think about it. I can't even imagine that human beings could behave in such a way.

Ain't nobody got time for that!

(jokes)

Seriosuly though:

The beast can bring it on.

Ain't nobody got time for that!

(jokes)

Seriosuly though:

The beast can bring it on.

Ever seen "Fallen"?

"Time is on my side...yes it is!" Every time I hear that song now, gives me the creeps.

Edited by Spid3rCyd3

No, I would never accept the "mark of the beast"!!!! I would become a vegetarian, there's plenty of fruits, edible plants and protein packed bugs in the wild. I

No, I would never accept the "mark of the beast"!!!! I would become a vegetarian, there's plenty of fruits, edible plants and protein packed bugs in the wild. I

What's that got to do with Rome? :w00t:
  • Like 1