Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Crop circle nonsense

DarkMavis

I think you make some good points, There is a lot of compelling evidence that some formations are nothing to do with the hand of man. There is compelling evidence however to say that a lot of them are. The discussion by Rob Buckle (See Post 2), goes into a lot of detail about how the circle makers (people) themselves admit that there is unexplainable phenomena at play. Rather than repeat it here, best to watch it then discuss it here.

I´m not sure which post #2 you´re talking about. I did google him and watched the first part of one of his videos. Moved a little slow for my liking. I´m not so much interested in what people say about them but rather the anomalies that can be shown scientifically between the plants and soil tested within the formations and those tested close-by.

http://www.bltresearch.com/published/anatomical.php

• Like 1

I think you make some good points, There is a lot of compelling evidence that some formations are nothing to do with the hand of man. There is compelling evidence however to say that a lot of them are. The discussion by Rob Buckle (See Post 2), goes into a lot of detail about how the circle makers (people) themselves admit that there is unexplainable phenomena at play. Rather than repeat it here, best to watch it then discuss it here.

A question zoser what if they are real and what is the purpose behind them.? ps: just curious to your answer. :unsure2:
  • Like 1

Yes, farmers charge hippies money to access the circles. Do NOT believe them when they complain about the destroyed crop. Even if the wern't being subsidised, at £10 a head, you don't need many hippies meditating in the circle to recover the costs.

OK DarkMavis, you seem to know a lot about these fraudulent circles and dishonest farmers. So exactly how many meditating hippies does it take to recover the cost of lost crops?

. When circle "researchers" say we humans are not capable of a bit of geometry and some corn stomping, they just mean THEY are not capable of it and must assume nobody is, or they have to face the fact they aren't too bright.

Can you show me some links of "credible" researchers who make this claim?

Then again, belonging to a "scientific" organisation that's so blatantly biased and keen to push an agenda, regardless of how much they have to fabricate evidence and doctor facts should be enough evidence of that.

Exactly which scientific organisation(s) are you referring to? And what evidence are you claiming is fabricated and doctored? Again, i´m going to have to ask you for some links. I would also appreciate your feedback on the links I provided. Thanks!!

A question zoser what if they are real and what is the purpose behind them.? ps: just curious to your answer. :unsure2:

I agree with you that some of them are not created by man. The answer is that I just don't know what the purpose is. My instinct would say that because we are living in changing times (planetary, evolutionary upgrade), that it is all linked to these changes.

Although there is the odd isolated case from a few hundred years ago there seems little to suggest that it was as widespread as it is today. So the feeling is that it is a phenomena of modern times, and as I firmly believe that this is the time of major impending change then I would make the connection between the two phenomena.

There are lots of theories. Here is one that you probably have never considered: If the planet is undergoing major change, or in some changeover part of her cycle, then does she need new codings and programming to make the transition? Are crop circle formations summoning of the energies needed to do this? From ancient times, the pentagram has been used as a summoning symbol; for good or bad depending upon it's orientation. So has the triangle, and so has the Seal of Solomon (6 pointed star).

I tried to keep this brief.

Z

The discussion by Rob Buckle (See Post 2), goes into a lot of detail about how the circle makers (people) themselves admit that there is unexplainable phenomena at play.

Apologies; I got the wrong thread.

C´mon all you people who are so sure that ALL crop circles are bunk. I offered some links and definite points for discussion. How about someone explain these results.

http://www.cropcirclesecrets.org/biophysical.html

(From your link)

The samples were processed by Kenneth and Rosemary Spelman in accordance with a procedure approved in the German Government's "Pharmacopoeia for Homeopathy" for spagyric preparations- a process normally used in the diagnosis of human blood samples.

Honestly not trolling here. I'm skeptical of the method used "... in accordance with a procedure approved in the German Government's "Pharmacopoeia for Homeopathy" for spagyric preparations."

The word "Homeopathy" really stood out. Also "spagyric preparations". (an alchemy reference?)

I doubt this is taken seriously in peer reviewed journals.

I know it isnt.

What 1% are they?

I Am Sure That Not ALL Of Them Are Man Made .. I'm Not Saying Aliens Did Them, But Nature Works In Mysterious Way ..

Wow, just watched the video in full-screen in the dark (not recommended) and I am concerned that I have just been hypnotised...

Lol I know what you mean I now have an urge to buy a Kaleidoscope and a swirly icecream wtf. :w00t:
  • Like 2

(From your link)

Honestly not trolling here. I'm skeptical of the method used "... in accordance with a procedure approved in the German Government's "Pharmacopoeia for Homeopathy" for spagyric preparations."

The word "Homeopathy" really stood out. Also "spagyric preparations". (an alchemy reference?)

Thanks for the response and I certainly don´t consider you to be trolling. In fact your resonse was exactly the kind of critique I was hoping for. I am no expert on the subject and freely admit that I am not familiar with some of the terminology and lack the time and inclination to spend what little free time examining all relevent information around crop circles. If the studies haven´t been reviewed in peer journals, I am skeptical also. We can file that under "sketchy" if you´d like. I would certainly appreciate your comments on this paper published in PHYSIOLOGIA PLANTARIUM 92: 356-363.1994 .

Levengood, who has published over 50 papers in scientific journals, documented numerous changes in the plants from the formations. Most dramatic were grossly elongated plant nodes (the "knuckles" along the stem) and "expulsion cavities" -- holes literally blown open at the nodes -- caused by the heating of internal moisture from exposure to intense bursts of radiation. The steam inside the stems escaped by either stretching the nodes or, in less elastic tissue, exploding out like a potato bursting open in a microwave oven.

Seeds taken from the plants and germinated in the lab showed significant alterations in growth, as compared with controls. Effects varied from an inability to develop seeds to a massive increase in growth rate -- depending on the species, the age of the plants when the circle was created and the intensity of the energy system involved.

These anomalies were also found in tufts of standing plants inside crop circles -- clearly not a result of mechanical flattening -- and in patches of randomly downed crops found near the geometric designs. These facts suggested some kind of natural, but unknown, force at work.

Published in Physiologia Plantarum (1994), the international journal of the European Societies of Plant Physiology, Levengood's data showed that "plants from crop circles display anatomical alterations which cannot be explained by assuming the formations are hoaxes." He defined a "genuine" formation as one "produced by external energy forces independent of human influence.

You can read the full study here: http://www.bltresear.../anatomical.php

Thanks again!!

I know it isnt.

OK....If you say so Hazzard ;)

Edited by jugoso

Actually, i guess i do have more time to spend looking at this than I´d mentioned :P . I found this article which weakens the credibility of the study.

" while he uses various control plants for his experiments, nowhere in the papers I reviewed [1,2,3,4] is there any mention of the work being conducted in double-blind manner so as to minimize the effects of experimenter bias"

http://www.csicop.org/sb/show/levengoods_crop-circle_plant_research/

Back to the drawing board :rofl:

I Am Sure That Not ALL Of Them Are Man Made .. I'm Not Saying Aliens Did Them, But Nature Works In Mysterious Way ..

Ninhursag,All crop circles are the made by Aliens. These are the evil ones mentioned in the Holy Bible,also known as the Nephilim. They will return on Dec 21, 2012 and are making thier presense known.

Ninhursag,All crop circles are the made by Aliens. These are the evil ones mentioned in the Holy Bible,also known as the Nephilim. They will return on Dec 21, 2012 and are making thier presense known.

This is a bit of a superstitious take on the subject. The problem with your conjecture is that there are many different strains of visitors reported. Just to class them all as 'devils' or 'Nephilim' isn't doing the phenomena justice. I would recommend putting the bible down for a while and investigating some other sources.

Just a suggestion.

Why would beings capable of interplanetary travel be so obsessed with flattening out crops? :hmm:

I'm not sure, but if your only way of communicating across vast distances was to influence another planets vegetation, what better place would you target other than crops? You know that they will be discovered by people harvesting them.

Not saying that this is likely, just trying to answer your question.

Why would beings capable of interplanetary travel be so obsessed with flattening out crops? :hmm:

I thought it was supposed to be where thier ships landed?

I thought it was supposed to be where thier ships landed?

I'd expect the crops to be burnt to a crisp, or an alien ship on top of the circle. But that's just me.

• Like 1

I'd expect the crops to be burnt to a crisp, or an alien ship on top of the circle. But that's just me.

Ha Ha! Me too. I dont know much about them but I thought that's what the original theory was. The ground wasnt burnt because we didnt know what their propulsion was.

Your post made me laugh - gave me an image of someone saying "Move that intergalactic spaceship out the way! I want to see the crop circle!"

Ha Ha! Me too. I dont know much about them but I thought that's what the original theory was. The ground wasnt burnt because we didnt know what their propulsion was.

Your post made me laugh - gave me an image of someone saying "Move that intergalactic spaceship out the way! I want to see the crop circle!"

Ha ha :D

That'll be the day :)

This is a bit of a superstitious take on the subject. The problem with your conjecture is that there are many different strains of visitors reported. Just to class them all as 'devils' or 'Nephilim' isn't doing the phenomena justice. I would recommend putting the bible down for a while and investigating some other sources.

Just a suggestion.

Zoser,

This is correct, the false one who calls themselves the interpreter is not an interpreter.

Your attempt to impersonate is fascinating. Surely you must know that the Mayans have no foresight as to the appearance of anything on this date?

Who can return but he that allows them to wander?

Your assumption is troubling.

• 8 months later...

All crop circles are the made by Aliens. These are the evil ones mentioned in the Holy Bible,also known as the Nephilim. They will return on Dec 21, 2012 and are making thier presense known.

boy, how stoopid do YOU feel now......

always, ALWAYS stay away from prophesy, ESPECIALLY misunderstood ones.

• Like 1

I just realised that in every single crop circle, there is no part of that formation that isn't either a few feet from another part of the circle, a tractor line or the edge of the field. I just went through hundreds of pages of Google results and never found a single circle that broke this rule. In parts of the USA and in parts of the UK, crops are watered/sprayed by air, or by emmitters permanently placed in the fields. Yet I have not found one single picture of a circle in the middle of such a field. Maybe these circles are made by aliens, but they are climbing into the field and walking along the tractor lines to do so. You want to stop university students flattening your crops on their holidays? Get a pilot to spray from the air.

You back this up with nothing but blabberish opinion based on your groundbreaking detective work. Hardly intelligent either.

You should forward this enlightenment to Oxford and MIT where some of the most highly respected biophysics research has an establishment detailing the crop circle phenomenon. They're waiting for this revelation to pack up years of research and call it quits.

You back this up with nothing but blabberish opinion based on your groundbreaking detective work. Hardly intelligent either.

You should forward this enlightenment to Oxford and MIT where some of the most highly respected biophysics research has an establishment detailing the crop circle phenomenon. They're waiting for this revelation to pack up years of research and call it quits.

What work has Oxford done since the 1600's?

I would enjoy catching up on any groundbreaking study published by the prestigious University.

Thanks in advance! :)

(Cambridge is also quite nearby to the focal point of activity as well. Why nothing from them, what with college rivalry and all?)

Hold on, something just occured to me...

Complex geometry and math... Two nearby major institutes of knowledge...

Meh, probably just a coincidence.

Edited by HDesiato
  • Like 4