Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Total Immersive gaming

The Dreamer - Hybrid89

Whats up!

Ok so for the last 2 years or so ive been getting Tons and Tons of Lucid dreams where I can feel pain, i can taste etc etc.

Now being a huge fan of gaming it got me thinking.

Just how far off is Gaming where we are totally Immersed in a Virtual World. Where we can become and do things we thought we could. For those of you who have a fetish for Vampires, would you like to be a Vampire or a Werewolf, witch or a formula one driver, etc etc.

If you think about it, it has endless possibilities.

What are your thoughts.

Definition

frankly, liek the invention of a Trek style Holodeck it'd be the end of humanity

Well being honest, ive been playing games since I was very very young but over the past year or so Ive spent a lot of time building gaming PC's and what not. Its made me wonder,...what is the next step in gaming.

Surely they've been thinking about a new display system, whetehr it was something like the one I mentioned above or,...something else.

This might intrest you:

http://www.futureoftech.msnbc.msn.com/technology/futureoftech/man-dates-virtual-pop-star-using-vr-goggles-871612

Was posted on UM a while bakc in the Wierd and Bizzare news section.

MS gave people the Kinect software for free, so lots of people are being creative with it.

So this seems like the next step.

wow. I mean its definitely something that could or at least Im hoping might start something new.

I mean im getting a bit annoyed with the lack of advances in display technology. I means games have evolved so much. Imagine if the display evolved equally.

What id love to see would be something similar to Tron. A totally immersive virtual world where anything is possible. Can you imagine what that would be like?

wow. I mean its definitely something that could or at least Im hoping might start something new.

I mean im getting a bit annoyed with the lack of advances in display technology. I means games have evolved so much. Imagine if the display evolved equally.

What id love to see would be something similar to Tron. A totally immersive virtual world where anything is possible. Can you imagine what that would be like?

A lot more Japanese would marry fictitious characters than do now...

I dont see how thats relevent lol?

A lot more Japanese would marry fictitious characters than do now...

You do have apoint. lol

Yeah that would be amazing. But then you ahve to worry about people getting to involved. Virtual life better than real life kind fo thing.

Yeah that would be amazing. But then you ahve to worry about people getting to involved. Virtual life better than real life kind fo thing.

In my opinion, its the same as playing the Like of World of Warcraft. Ive gotton so addicted to that game id play it easily for 16hrs minimum a day. hell I even lost an engagement over it.

my point is, im curios as to where the next generation of displays is going. I mean games have evolved tremdously, time for displays to do the same and take that extra step

In my opinion, its the same as playing the Like of World of Warcraft. Ive gotton so addicted to that game id play it easily for 16hrs minimum a day. hell I even lost an engagement over it.

my point is, im curios as to where the next generation of displays is going. I mean games have evolved tremdously, time for displays to do the same and take that extra step

Yeah seems like kinect is the answer though, like what that guy did.

I personally find 3D to be a joke. Especially gaming wise.

You should be careful that cna be bad for your health. lol

Yeah seems like kinect is the answer though, like what that guy did.

I personally find 3D to be a joke. Especially gaming wise.

You should be careful that cna be bad for your health. lol

I used to be like that around 3 years ago or so. Don't even play it anymore, I was making a point more so.

I dunno, for me I wont be totally satisfied personally till they invent something along the lines of Tron lol.

• Like 1

I used to be like that around 3 years ago or so. Don't even play it anymore, I was making a point more so.

I dunno, for me I wont be totally satisfied personally till they invent something along the lines of Tron lol.

Haha, it's probably not that far off now. :tu:

Haha, it's probably not that far off now. :tu:

Lets hope xD

• Like 1

Whats up!

Ok so for the last 2 years or so ive been getting Tons and Tons of Lucid dreams where I can feel pain, i can taste etc etc.

Just how far off is Gaming where we are totally Immersed in a Virtual World. Where we can become and do things we thought we could. For those of you who have a fetish for Vampires, would you like to be a Vampire or a Werewolf, witch or a formula one driver, etc etc.

What are your thoughts.

Before you know it you'll start looking for the exploits and glitches in our current reality lol.

Before you know it you'll start looking for the exploits and glitches in our current reality lol.

And this is relevant how to the Original topic, how?

• 2 weeks later...

I am not sure I really *Want* immersive gaming like that. Point blank, games are fun because i can do things in them that I know are not real. I can get kicked by dragons, pull spines out of my fighting opponent and shoot people and zombies in the brain. All of that is fun because I know it's not real. If the distinction between "Real" and "Game" get's too fuzzy it becomes a lot less fun...

It can also be dangerous. You said yourself you became addicted to wow several years ago. Imagine now if it was imersive. You had no structure or reference of reality. Would you even stop playing the game? How would you know how long you played? Perhaps you play the game until your body gives out and you die. There are already instances of extreme gaming addiction that have resulted in death. or perhaps you start to have trouble reconizing what is real and what is not, your mind could snap and you could literally go crazy. What effect would a immersive world have on society. The idea of it reminds me of the movie surrogates. I don't think I would like that kind of society.

I wish I could talk about an immersive advancement in 3D gaming I got to see and test. I can't really talk about it... but know, there are companies that are really close to making it really really cool. I've seen the prototypes!

• Like 1

It would make it awfully tough to pay 30% of attention to my wife if I was 100% immersed. Driving all those beastly cars in Forza would be great regardless.

Whats up!

What are your thoughts.

Definition

We can strap the criminals in it and make them the victim.

It can also be dangerous. You said yourself you became addicted to wow several years ago. Imagine now if it was imersive. You had no structure or reference of reality. Would you even stop playing the game? How would you know how long you played? Perhaps you play the game until your body gives out and you die. There are already instances of extreme gaming addiction that have resulted in death. or perhaps you start to have trouble reconizing what is real and what is not, your mind could snap and you could literally go crazy. What effect would a immersive world have on society. The idea of it reminds me of the movie surrogates. I don't think I would like that kind of society.

At the height of my addiction, I once played for 57 hours straight on WoW leveling a character. I had no real sense of time and my the time I went to sleep I could barely function.

Regardless of what we think, it'll more then likely come to pass at some point in the near, near future.