Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

valedictorian denied diploma for saying hell

BiffSplitkins

A straight-A student in Oklahoma was denied her high school diploma this week after she used the word "hell" in her graduation speech.

Prague High School valedictorian Kaitlin Nootbaar found inspiration from the movie "Eclipse: The Twilight Saga" during her May speech, alluding to instances where people ask new graduates what they want to do with their lives. "How the hell do I know?" she told her classmates, according to KFOR in Oklahoma City. "I've changed my mind so many times."

READ MORE

I'm sorry but the fact that she 'found inspiration' from the movie "Eclipse: The Twilight Saga" is enough to warrant a tarring and feathering to go along with not getting her diploma.

Seriously though, I don't think she needs to write and apology for that.

• Like 7

Wow, that's really stupid...stupider than hell! I think the young lady needs a good attorney...that's not an offense that warrants holding back her diploma.

• Like 2

Wow, that's really stupid...stupider than hell! I think the young lady needs a good attorney...that's not an offense that warrants holding back her diploma.

Yep.

They've ruined a special day and special days cannot be "un-ruined". Shame on them. IMO

• Like 4

That's a hell of a thing to endure.

Seriously though, come'oooon... I've heard people say worse. She doesn't deserve that.

• Like 3

now, now, you don't say the H word in the bible belt!

And coming back to reality, this is the biggest piece of bigotry I have seen in my lifetime, and believe I have seen some before.

• Like 4

That's ridiculous!

"How the hell do I know?" she said.

Hahahaaa... I love it.

I bet we will never hear such brazen honesty from politicians. :passifier:

When I was in school to become a paramedic ,my average was like a 99.9

When they gave extra credit questions,I ended up with scores of 104 on tests .(pharmocology tests too .....wink wink)

I was working weekends only,on an ambulance that did stuff like transport nursing home patients to and from the E/R.

I had no 911 experience . Which is very different from what I was doing .However ,I recognised real emergencies ,despite my lack of e,perience.

Most everyone in my class,worked for EMS.

Their grades and coordinator reviews,didnt come remotely close to mine

When it came time for a valedictorian to be picked,all the JEALOUS creeps in my class,who worked for EMS ,got together ,and went to the course coordinator,and said if I got to be valedictorian,even though my grades reflected that,they would all make a stink ,blah blah blah.

So,the guy ,who worked for EMS the longest,even though ems has absolutely nothing to do with the course,and his grades were a good 15 points lower than mine,was made valedictorian .

I was only 20 . My mom confronted the coordinator at the graduation .

He almost choked on his own tongue trying to explain it to her......

People suck .

• Like 1

So,the guy ,who worked for EMS the longest,even though ems has absolutely nothing to do with the course,and his grades were a good 15 points lower than mine,was made valedictorian .

I was only 20 . My mom confronted the coordinator at the graduation .

He almost choked on his own tongue trying to explain it to her......

People suck .

And then everyone got a trophy and went home happy right? :whistle:

• Like 1

And then everyone got a trophy and went home happy right? :whistle:

Something like that ,but I have commendations from 3 nyc mayors,and my picture is on the 911 hero's page.

No idea where our valedictorian is ....never saw him again,even when I worked for ems

• Like 1

Something like that ,but I have commendations from 3 nyc mayors,and my picture is on the 911 hero's page.

Is that an online thing? I'd like to see that.

No idea where our valedictorian is ....never saw him again,even when I worked for ems

Hmmm, does your mom have connections? Maybe he 'sleeps wid' da fish'? :D

And this happened in my own state... (face palm emoticon)

If I was her dad and went to the principal about this... "Hell" would be the kindest, cleanest word I would use...

There is an old Army saying... "Arguing with an Infantryman is like wrestling with a pig... Everyone gets dirty... but the pig loves it!"