Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Wonders Of The Underworld

ThePhantomFlanFlinger

At first glance they don't look real, made in a Hollywood studio perhaps.

But these breathtakingly beautiful photographs are actually from Thailand and they give a glimpse into the staggering other world just beneath the Earth's surface.

Taken by experienced Australian cave explorer John Spies the images highlight the incredible intricacy and colour of strange structures created over millions of years by water slowly dripping through limestone rock.

Some of the scenes captured by the subterranean snapper illustrate the sheer size of the caverns which can contain vast pools of water, high-rise columns and smooth rock domes.

Never ceases to amaze me this planet of ours...beautiful...

Read more: http://www.dailymail...l#ixzz24BrtO7Ci

Edited by BrianPotter
  • Like 4

LOL snap! We both posted at the same time!

*Threads Merged* :D

• Like 1

Amazing photographs of huge cave systems in Thailand.

http://www.telegraph...n-Thailand.html

18 photos.

Beautiful :)

Sorry bout that...its at moments like this that we need a Whack button...you could press it now and a hand could whack me in the head for being a pain.. :yes: !....but they are truly stunning though...... :)

Edited by BrianPotter

Sorry bout that...its at moments like this that we need a Whack button...you could press it now and a hand could whack me in the head for being a pain.. :yes: !....but they are truly stunning though...... :)

No way, no problem. I thought our timing for posting together was quite funny. :tu:

• Like 1