Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Bill Gates aims to reinvent the toilet

Saru

The founder of Microsoft has turned his attention to providing toilet facilities to 2.5 billion people.

As the winner of the Reinvent the Toilet challenge, the team gets another $100,000 to fine-tune the device, which is a bit more complicated than your ordinary pot.

arrow3.gifRead more...

I saw this a few days ago .May I say ..chortle and gafaw......

You'll have to upgrade it every 4 years to stay compatible with major toilet paper brands though...

• Like 3

..... well this is nice i guess.....srry nvm it is not nice idc about a new high tech toilet i still want my jet pack and hover boards before any of this crap D: !!!!

The toilet works, but its clunky. It needs something to lay over it, to make it more user-friendly. At first it will work great, but then it will evolve into a toilet that's twice is big, twice as slow, and difficult to use, but you will have no choice but to use it because it is industry standard. Fortunately, toilet support will be available for a nominal fee.You have to make sure to upgrade/update every so often though, otherwise it will mysteriously start clogging and overflowing.

Edited by Vein Capital
  • Like 2

The toilet works, but its clunky. It needs something to lay over it, to make it more user-friendly. At first it will work great, but then it will evolve into a toilet that's twice is big, twice as slow, and difficult to use, but you will have no choice but to use it because it is industry standard. Fortunately, toilet support will be available for a nominal fee.You have to make sure to upgrade/update every so often though, otherwise it will mysteriously start clogging and overflowing.

This seems like a probable future.

Hey - The PA Dutch have been doing a similar recycling effort for centuries! Good old cow manure in hay.

I'll just stick to the Outhouse with a Sears catalog. LOL

Might be a good place to "dump" his crap OS :whistle:

• Like 1

Totally laughable crap, excuse the pun. Guess what happens with his high-tech solar power crapper the moment Bills foundation installs it a typical third-world hellhole. The usable parts get stolen, and the rest trashed.

Just shows in what kind of lala land our elites are living.

• Like 1

He should reinvent his bank account so that its my bank account as well and let me flush some of his money down his reinvented toilet...he shouldn't have to do all the work lol

• Like 1

oh dear, Mr. gates your are indeed, 1 of a kind.

did anyone actually read the article? It sickens me all these snide comments. He's spending his money to better mankind. You may not realize this but there are many places in the world that don't have flush toilets. Human waste and contamination are huge problems. They don't have water for flush toilets and relieve themselves in or near rivers and streams that are also used for drinking water. Eww you say. But that's what it's like. The initiative is to make one that will work in those places, with little water, and most likely a squat toilet, thereby raising their standard of living.

Say goodbye toiletpaper, say hello 3-C Shells.

• 4 weeks later...

What if you're busting for a leak and it takes 15 minutes to re-boot? Then crashes.

• Like 1