Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Childhood dreams

fabba

Hello!

My name is Fabian, and i am very pleased to post here.

I may be new around here, but I was here a few years back, got a few readings, read a few stories, only feeding my curiosity..

Now i am having this issiue, ever since i can remember i kept realising that i dream of certain happenings in my life.

I've dreamt these thing back when i was a kid, i can't even remember them, i just realise that i am doing a very familiar thing, and then the whole dream just unfolds before my eyes in real life, like some sort of deja vu.

As i told you most of these dreams are from way back when i was a kid, when something that i've dreamt happens i remember my reaction after dreaming it as a child, like this other day i was chatting with this girl on my cellphone, i was with some friends having a good time, and then i realise that i've dremt this, and the girl just texted me what she was supposed to text in my dream. It is just so weird that back then i didn't even know what i was holding in my hand, i didn't know what a cellphone was so back then it didn't even make any sense!

The only problem is that now i can't remember any of my dreams, it's like i don't have any, but i know i do, cause, well, everybody dreams. I keep thinking about controlling this "power" but i don't know how..

I have also tried astral projection, it worked once, but now i can only go as far as the vibration, i end up shaking and lose my focus, just can't go further.

I use some substances for recreation (mostly THC), and when i'm really F'd up i can get in to the vibration state really easy, i just can't escape my body, i don't know if it has any relevance, i just wanted to share.

I have had one dream that I had forgotten that ended up happening months later for me, so I know exactly what you mean the way you described it. It is amazing. I visited a house I'd never been to before with a man I hadn't met before giving me a tour. Dream forgotten. Then it happened 4 months later or so.

As far as harnessing it, I don't think anyone here will be able to tell you with any honesty how to control that, as no one understands dreams really. They can only guess. But for just help in remembering dreams, it helps to think about dreaming a lot during the day. Just doing this will put dreaming in your head and should help you remember if you had one when you wake up. Apart from that, getting woken up before you normally do also helps. I will usually remember a dream I had just had if I wake up early, breaking my REM sleep. But if I wake up at the normal time, a lot of the dreams I've had that night happened awhile ago, and I think it's for this reason that I don't remember them. It helps to wake up soon after you have one.

I don't know about the astral projection thing. I have never been able to do that. I've experienced the buzzing vibrations a few times, and the sight/feeling of my hand/head leaving my physical self, but those were unintentional, and as far as I have seen things like that, that I remember.

Nice experience!

And yes, i have noticed that if someone wakes me up i end up remembering my dream.

But still i don't know what do do with this premonition-sort-of ability, i think it has a connection with astral projection, i must master the meditation process..

Think about dreaming, read about dreaming, talk (or post, like you have) about dreaming. You'll be more likely to remember your dreams if you remind yourself that your dreams are important, and have something ready close to your bed to write them down in. It's important to record anything that you remember because every time you record something from a dream (even if it's just a feeling you remember having) you are confirming the importance to yourself and will improve the chances of remembering more in the future.

What sometimes works for me is reminding myself as I fall asleep. Tell yourself that when you wake up, you will remember your dream. Don't be discouraged though if you start remembering for awhile and then seem to lose it. It happens to almost everyone.

You can try meditating first thing in the morning, even just laying alert but still for a few minutes after waking up can bring back some dream fragments.

• Like 1

I'll second what sarah said. It's immensly important to write them down and reflect on them later. Even recording for just a short while will increase your re-call ability. When I started writing my dreams down, I had rarely any that I could recall(maybe one every few days). After about a month or so, it seemed like I was having 2-3, and sometimes upwards of 5-6 dreams a night, depending on the night.

Also, I've heard thc can cause lack of dream recall(although not everyone will agree), but we are all different. Try giving it up for a week, and see if anything changes.

Good Luck!

• Like 1

I'll Third what Sarah 444 & B Randomly are saying.

It's taken me months, but now I'm at a stage where I don't need to set the alarm or anything to dream. After most of the dreams I just wake up, think about the dream, turn the light on and write them down. When I go to sleep I keep telling myself that I will have meaningfull dreams right up to the point where I go to sleep, and for the most part I do. Sure you might end up dreaming & waking up 2 or three times a night which can be tiring, but I'm finding the results well worth it, & in one case, prophetic.

I've found the trick to remembering is getting it on paper, even if it's just a fragment of a thought or image or memory. Memory recall builds on that, and before long get's better, the dreams more progessive, building themes, painting a picture. If you make it important to get the dreams on paper it will happen.

Also, I read somehere here in these threads that someone gave up THC, and within a week had a full-blown projection.. (worth considering)

They should tell that to all the Chongs in YouTube that want to tell us all how great their meditation experience was to a meditation video when "on weed".

Far out, man! :rolleyes:

• 5 months later...

thank you for all your opinions!

it really helped, now i recall dreams if not every night but every second night, a lot of crazy stuff..