Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Hunters baffled by dog-like animal found

Still Waters

i remember one time in egypt .. or iraq locals killed an animal looked the same

people here and there believe it's also cross breed of wolf and other animal and thought to be really agressive

enough to attack people at villages but that looked bit bigger

Edited by Knight Of Shadows
  • Like 1

i remember one time in egypt .. or iraq locals killed an animal looked the same

people here and there believe it's also cross breed of wolf and other animal and thought to be really agressive

enough to attack people at villages but that looked bit bigger

There were reports o the mysterious "sal3awa" as it is called, attacking people in remote villages in Egypt. These reports seem to be seasonal

Its obviously a Dogcatcoon. If you aren't paying attention you might mistake it for what passes for the Chupacabra these days. :tu:

• Like 1

Its obviously a Dogcatcoon. If you aren't paying attention you might mistake it for what passes for the Chupacabra these days. :tu:

You're off the mark on this one OP.

Its an Egyptian hieroglyph depicting a dog, brought to life by dripping Sasquatch blood on the carving. It died after we ran out of Squatch blood for it to feast on...

http://en.wikipedia....wiki/Set_animal

Not to be confused with Anubis, because that would just be silly. ;)

Edited by Junior Chubb
  • Like 1

Its an Egyptian hieroglyph depicting a dog, brought to life by dripping Sasquatch blood on the carving. It died after we ran out of Squatch blood for it to feast on...

How silly of me. Looked just like another photo of a Dogcatcoon that a cryptozoologist showed to me. My bad! Thanks for the clarification. :tu:

• Like 1

There were reports o the mysterious "sal3awa" as it is called, attacking people in remote villages in Egypt. These reports seem to be seasonal

exactly .. also called " sheba " in other cultures like ours

i kept hearing stories about it from Bedouin friends when i was in the army years ago

and no one knows animals like they do

they describe it as vicious animal who inhert this savage nature from the cross breed

it wa a wolf and another animal i can't recall mating

i heard about egypt accidents and hear the animal claimed 13 victims if what i read was true

also similiar animal was reported in iraq and lebanon

I would agree. It's more likely a fox or coyote with mange.

Mangy Anubis?! Treading on thin ice (sand) here! Beware his curse and possible visits at night ;)

• Like 2

exactly .. also called " sheba " in other cultures like ours

i kept hearing stories about it from Bedouin friends when i was in the army years ago

and no one knows animals like they do

they describe it as vicious animal who inhert this savage nature from the cross breed

it wa a wolf and another animal i can't recall mating

i heard about egypt accidents and hear the animal claimed 13 victims if what i read was true

also similiar animal was reported in iraq and lebanon

Isn't it amazing that such an animal is known in so many countries, yet remains a mystery known be only a small group of people?

I seem to remember reading an article in an Egyptian newspaper that it was identified as a coyote or jackal

Isn't it amazing that such an animal is known in so many countries, yet remains a mystery known be only a small group of people?

I seem to remember reading an article in an Egyptian newspaper that it was identified as a coyote or jackal

well to tell the truth we you and me ,, assuming like me you lived in city or town in countryside or so

don't actually encounter animals or know much about them :D

but to people who actually live in wilds they counter wolves and all kinda of animals they're bound to know more

still this certain animal was always considered to be related to myth legend and magic and such

but i personally think there is many creatures we don't know yet especially in our countries

since unlike the western countries there hasn't been an extended studies of animals here like they have there

so it's possiable .. i think

• Like 1

well to tell the truth we you and me ,, assuming like me you lived in city or town in countryside or so

don't actually encounter animals or know much about them :D

but to people who actually live in wilds they counter wolves and all kinda of animals they're bound to know more

still this certain animal was always considered to be related to myth legend and magic and such

but i personally think there is many creatures we don't know yet especially in our countries

since unlike the western countries there hasn't been an extended studies of animals here like they have there

so it's possiable .. i think

I was a Cairo girl while I lived in Egypt, the only animals I regularly encountered were mainly dogs and cats, and occasionally horses and donkeys! :D

The only wilderness left in Egypt is in the deserts, where these sal3awas come from seeking food in remote villages. You are right about how unfamiliar people are with indigenous desert wild animals, even the inhabitants of the attacked villages did not recognize the unfamiliar animal which attacked them! It's a pity, but the desert has always been the feared unknown to people of the valley

How silly of me. Looked just like another photo of a Dogcatcoon that a cryptozoologist showed to me. My bad! Thanks for the clarification. :tu:

Thanks for being open to my hypothesis :tu:

I think most of these animals killed are just mange ridden dogs, foxes, coyotes etc....they will be sick so probably would come closer to humans and therefore feast on chickens etc. Foxes do kill all the chickens in one go usually too, then they go back and forth taking them to bury them.

I have no idea why people think these are Chupacabra's....probably just cos they are hairless and look strange?

I see a lot of teeth-kicking at "idiot" believers, and almost no actual identifications from the kickers. Maybe we should act less like drunken hickshits and more like people considering a range of possibilities?