Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

[Merged] Neil Armstrong has died

RockabyeBillie

Really, Our First Man on the Moon will never,never be Forgotten. He boldly went in the Steps and on the prayers of Millions of True Explorers ! We all walked with this Humble Man on the Moon in a Big way !

You were such a Great part of this endeavor Mid , Your the Man too ! :tu:

• Like 1

Really, Our First Man on the Moon will never,never be Forgotten. He boldly went in the Steps and on the prayers of Millions of True Explorers ! We all walked with this Humble Man on the Moon in a Big way !

You were such a Great part of this endeavor Mid , Your the Man too ! :tu:

thank you D, but Neil himself was worth all the praise. No special emphasis necessary.

We all saw what happened that night on the Moon. .

We all know what happened in the years to follow.

Neil Armstrong was the man. He knew how to handle it, and I personally can't imagine anyone with more capability to do so as well as he did!.

He was a legend!

:tsu: :tsu:

Edited by MID

• 2 weeks later...

It's been a hell of a day.

If I said I was impressed by Ohio, I meant nothing compared to what happened at ther National Cathedral today in Washington, DC.

The Neil Armstrong National Memorial Service was....

Spectacular, moving, and altogether appropriate.

The speakers, the music, the Episcopalean reverend who was the principal celebrant. More than I could take. Beautifully arranged, and applicable to Neil as he was.

I especially lost it when Gene Cernan cracked during his remarks, and Mike Collins did during his reading.

What an incredible and illustrative tribute to a great man.

What people felt about him was obvious, and whoever arranged and managed that celebration deserves a medal! :yes: It was stunning.

I haven't broken in a while, but the tears flowed today.

I think...I will always miss Neil Armstrong. God bless and keep him!

:tsu:

Edited by MID

And tomorrow, 9-14-12, Neil will have his wish fulfilled, as his body will be buried t sea, with full Navy Honors.

I shall salute him at that time, for what he was, and what he shall always be!

• Like 1

I didn't know Armstrong was to be buried at sea. Missed the service yesterday because I was working, but one of my residents told me about it. The National Cathedral is a beautiful, beautiful place to honor an American hero.

I didn't know Armstrong was to be buried at sea. Missed the service yesterday because I was working, but one of my residents told me about it. The National Cathedral is a beautiful, beautiful place to honor an American hero.

Yes, sus...most didn't know prior to the end of the ceremony on the 13th (no surprise there!). His personal choice, and all I can know is that it was Navy, full honors, family, a few people, and senior staff.

And apparently the National Cathedral is a beautiful place. Frankly, the service itself was somewhat overwhelming. I have never been so impressed at a service in a church.

But then again, NASA did it, so I shouldn't be surprized at the quality and content! :tsu::nw::tsu: It fit the man (even though I get the feeling he may have disagreed! :tu:

But whatever, if something like that doesn't seal Neil Armstrong into the psyche and memory of a nation, nothing will!

neil-armstrong.jpg

neil-armstrong-est-mort-big.JPG

:tsu: :tsu: