Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ark of the Covenant

Big Bad Voodoo

Mr. von Daniken claims (COTG, p. 58) that the gold-covered Ark of the Covenant in the Old Testament was an electrically charged condenser "perhaps even the kind of set for communication between Moses and the space-ship" (what space-ship?). "Without actually consulting Exodus," he writes, "I seem to remember that the Ark was often surrounded by flashing sparks and that Moses made use of this ‘transmitter’ whenever he needed help and advice."

I did consult Exodus and found no mention of flashing sparks or anything that sounded remotely like Moses using a transmitter. There are detailed instructions for making the Ark out of shittim wood and gold – instructions which, if followed today (according to Mr. von Daniken), produce "a voltage of several hundred volts."

The film "Chariots of the Gods" went one step further. It showed a replica of the Ark, made by "a group of Minnesota college students," which produced a dangerous electrical charge.

Dr. Peter White, a lecturer in anthropology at Sydney University who is writing an anti-Daniken book titled "The Man-Made past," took the trouble to ask about this project at the University of Minnesota. The archivist at the university library made extensive enquiries, but was unable to locate an Ark of the Covenant project.

When I asked Mr. von Daniken about it, he said: "It was some high school in Michigan."

http://users.adam.com.au/bstett/PavonDaniken13.htm

Ethiopia

The Ethiopian Orthodox Church claims to possess the Ark of the Covenant, or Tabot, in Axum, not far from the border with Eritrea. The object is currently kept under guard in a treasury near the Church of Our Lady Mary of Zion and is used occasionally in ritual processions.[23] Replicas of the Axum tabot are kept in every Ethiopian church, each with its own dedication to a particular saint, the most popular of these include Mary, George and Michael.[24]

The Kebra Nagast, composed to legitimise the new dynasty ruling Ethiopia following its establishment in 1270, narrates how the real Ark of the Covenant was brought to Ethiopia by Menelik I with divine assistance, while a forgery was left in the Temple in Jerusalem. Although the Kebra Nagast is the best-known account of this belief, the belief predates the document. Abu Salih the Armenian, writing in the last quarter of the twelfth century, makes one early reference to this belief that they possessed the Ark. "The Abyssinians possess also the Ark of the Covenant", he wrote, and, after a description of the object, describes how the liturgy is celebrated upon the Ark four times a year, "on the feast of the great nativity, on the feast of the glorious Baptism, on the feast of the holy Resurrection, and on the feast of the illuminating Cross."[25]

On 25 June 2009, the patriarch of the Orthodox Church of Ethiopia, Abune Paulos, said he would announce to the world the next day the unveiling of the Ark of the Covenant, which he said had been kept safe and secure in a church in Axum, Ethiopia.[26] The following day, on 26 June 2009, the patriarch announced that he would not unveil the Ark after all, but that instead he could attest to its current status.[27]

Southern Africa

The Lemba people of South Africa and Zimbabwe have claimed that their ancestors carried the Ark south, calling it the ngoma lungundu or "voice of God", eventually hiding it in a deep cave in the Dumghe mountains, their spiritual home.[28][29]

On 14 April 2008, in a UK Channel 4 documentary, Tudor Parfitt, taking a literalist approach to the Biblical story, described his research into this claim. He says that the object described by the Lemba has attributes similar to the Ark. It was of similar size, was carried on poles by priests, was not allowed to touch the ground, was revered as a voice of their God, and was used as a weapon of great power, sweeping enemies aside.[30]

In his book The Lost Ark of the Covenant (2008), Parfitt also suggests that the Ark was taken to Arabia following the events depicted in the Second Book of Maccabees, and cites Arabic sources which maintain it was brought in distant times to Yemen. One Lemba clan, the Buba, which was supposed to have brought the Ark to Africa, have a genetic signature called the Cohen Modal Haplotype. This suggests a male Semitic link to the Levant. Lemba tradition maintains that the Ark spent some time in Sena in Yemen. Later, it was taken across the sea to East Africa and may have been taken inland at the time of the Great Zimbabwe civilization. According to their oral traditions, some time after the arrival of the Lemba with the Ark, it self-destructed. Using a core from the original, the Lemba priests constructed a new one. This replica was discovered in a cave by a Swedish German missionary named Harald von Sicard in the 1940s and eventually found its way to the Museum of Human Science in Harare.[29]

Parfitt had this artifact radio-carbon dated to about 1350, which coincided with the sudden end of the Great Zimbabwe civilization

Egypt

Tutankhamun's tomb

Main article: Exhibitions of artifacts from the tomb of Tutankhamun

Arkofthecovenantatkingtutstomb.jpg

magnify-clip.png1922 photograph of the tomb of Tutankhamun. Photograph by Harry Burton (1879-1940)

In 1922 in the Egyptian Valley of the Kings the tomb of Tutankhamun (KV62) was opened by Howard Carter and Lord Carnarvon. Among the artifacts was a processional ark, listed as Shrine 261, the Anubis Shrine. Almost immediately after publication of the photographs[39] of this sensational archaeological find some claimed that the Anubis Shrine could be the Ark of the Covenant. John M. Lundquist, author of The Temple of Jerusalem: past, present, and future (2008), discounts this idea. The Anubis Shrine measures 95 centimetres (37 in) long, 37 centimetres (15 in) wide, 54.3 centimetres (21.4 in) high, in the shape of a pylon. The Biblical Ark of the Covenant is approximately 133 centimetres (52 in) long, 80 centimetres (31 in) wide, and 80 centimetres (31 in) high in the shape of a rectangular chest.

He points out that Shrine 261 is not strictly analogous to the Ark of the Covenant: it can only be said that the Anubis Shrine is "ark-like", constructed of wood, gilded and gessoed, stored within a sacred tomb, "guarding" the treasury of the tomb (and not the primary focus of that environment), that it contains compartments within it that store and hold sacred objects, that it has a figure of Anubis on its lid, and that it was carried by two staves permanently inserted into rings at its base and borne by eight priests in the funerary procession to Tutankhamun's tomb. Its value is the insight it provides to the ancient culture of Egypt.[40] The figure of Anubis itself contradicts any claim that Shrine 261 could be the Ark of the Covenant.

I never knew god killed actual people, as mentioned in samuel 6:19. Religion really is obscene, ya know?

You should actually read the Old Testament. That god is a stone cold killer in addition to abetting genocide several times over.

--Jaylemurph

• Like 1

I've always been fascinated with biblical relics because they are often described as having mythical powers. Whether it is the ark of the covenant, the spear of destiny, or the Shroud of Turin. These objects almost always have devine properties that can be physically manifested. I do not believe the ark was a simple carrying case with batteries in it. It was described as electrocuting people who looked inside or touched it without being worthy to do so. I dunno about you, but that doesn't sound that your typical energizer bunny battery. It would be nice if scientists could locate these relics, but I highly doubt it will ever be recovered especially if it is still dangerous as described.

Edited by conspiracy buff

I've always been fascinated with biblical relics because they are often described as having mythical powers. Whether it is the ark of the covenant, the spear of destiny, or the Shroud of Turin. These objects almost always have devine properties that can be physically manifested. I do not believe the ark was a simple carrying case with batteries in it. It was described as electrocuting people who looked inside or touched it without being worthy to do so. I dunno about you, but that doesn't sound that your typical energizer bunny battery. It would be nice if scientists could locate these relics, but I highly doubt it will ever be recovered especially if it is still dangerous as described.

As Tudor Parfitt had said this drum like ark of the Lemba`s could have had some kind of gun powder mixture carried in it that sparked and was rebuilt after being damaged by fire. To me would be more believeable than anything magical.

In Muslims holy Scripture, the Quran, the Arabic word for Ark is Tabut and is mentioned only twice:

2:248

And (further) their Prophet said to them: "A sign of his authority is that there shall come to you the [Tabut] with (an assurance) therein of security from your Lord, and the relics left by the family of Moses and the family of Aaron carried by angels. In this is a Symbol for you if ye indeed have faith."

Yusuf Ali's translation

And their Prophet said unto them: Lo! the token of his kingdom is that there shall come unto you the [Tabut] wherein is peace of reassurance from your Lord, and a remnant of that which the house of Moses and the house of Aaron left behind, the angels bearing it. Lo! herein shall be a token for you if (in truth) ye are believers.

Picthal's translation

20:39

" `Throw (the child) into the [Tabut] and throw (the [Tabut]) into the river: the river will cast him up on the bank and he will be taken up by one who is an enemy to Me and an enemy to him': but I cast (the garment of) love over thee from Me: and (this) in order that thou mayest be reared under Mine eye.

Yusuf Ali's translation

Saying: Throw him into the [Tabut], and throw it into the river, then the river shall throw it on to the bank, and there an enemy to Me and an enemy to him shall take him. And I endued thee with love from Me that thou mightest be trained according to My will,

Picthal's translation

That's it! The Quran basically doesn't say much about the AOC. So i tried looking up what other sources of the Islam say about the AOC.

The interpretation of 2:248:

Major Quranic exegesis, Tafsir al-Jalalayn, says:

And their prophet said to them, after they had demanded a sign of his kingship: ‘The sign of his kingship is that there will come to you the Ark, a chest containing the images of the prophets, which God sent down to Adam, and which was handed down to them [sc. the Israelites], until the Amalekites seized it from them in battle. They used to commence fighting invoking it before their enemy and marching behind it, as well as experience peacefulness in its presence, as God says: therein is a Spirit of Peace, reassurance for your hearts, from your Lord, and a remnant of what the folk of Moses and the folk of Aaron left behind, which were Moses’s pair of sandals and his staff, Aaron’s turban, a measure (qafīz) of the manna that used to come down on them, and the pieces of the broken tablets, the angels bearing it (tahmiluhu l-malā’ikatu, the circumstantial qualifier referring to the subject of the verb ya’tiyakum, ‘there will come to’). Surely in that shall be a sign for you, of his kingship, if you are believers’. The angels bore it between the earth and the sky while they gazed at it, until finally they placed it before Saul. They then acknowledged his kingship and hastened to enlist in the [holy] struggle, and he chose seventy thousand of their young men.

Tanwîr al-Miqbâs min Tafsîr Ibn ‘Abbâs says:

(And their Prophet) Samuel (said unto them: Lo! The token) the sign (of his kingdom) that it is from Allah (is that there shall come unto you the Ark) that was taken from you (wherein is peace of reassurance) mercy and tranquillity; it is also said that this means: it includes the wind (the triumph) of his victory, of golden colour in the form of a human face (from your Lord, and a remnant of that which the house of Moses) a remnant of Moses, i.e. his Scripture; as it is said: his tablets and staff (and the house of Aaron left behind) what Aaron had left behind, namely his cloak and turban, (the angels bearing it) the angels leading it. (Lo! Herein) in giving you back the Ark (shall be a token) a sign (for you) that he has been made king by Allah (if (in truth) ye are believers).

Tafsir Ibn Kathir says:

And their Prophet said to them: "Verily! The sign of His kingdom is that there shall come to you At-Tabut,

Their Prophet then proclaimed, "The sign of the blessings of Talut's kingship over you is that Allah will give you back the Tabut (wooden box) that has been taken from you.''

Allah said: فِيهِ سَكِينَةٌ مِّن رَّبِّكُمْ (wherein is Sakinah from your Lord) meaning,

peace (or grace) and reassurance.

Abdur-Razzaq stated that Qatadah said: فِيهِ سَكِينَةٌ (wherein is Sakinah),

means grace.

In addition, Ar-Rabi said that;

Sakinah means mercy.

This is also the meaning given by Ibn Abbas, as Al-Awfi narrated.

Allah then said:

... وَبَقِيَّةٌ مِّمَّا تَرَكَ آلُ مُوسَى وَآلُ هَارُونَ ...

...and a remnant of that which Musa (Moses) and Harun (Aaron) left behind,

Ibn Jarir related that Ibn Abbas said about this Ayah:

Meaning, Moses' staff and the remnants of the Tablets.

This is the same Tafsir of Qatadah, As-Suddi, Ar-Rabi bin Anas and Ikrimah, who added, "And also the Torah.''

Abdur-Razzaq said that he asked Ath-Thawri about the meaning of, وَبَقِيَّةٌ مِّمَّا تَرَكَ آلُ مُوسَى وَآلُ هَارُونَ (...and a remnant of that which Musa (Moses) and Harun (Aaron) left behind),

Ath-Thawri said,

"Some said that it contained a pot of manna and the remnants of the Tablets, while some others said that it contained (Moses') staff and two shoes (and refer to 20:12).''

Allah then said:

... تَحْمِلُهُ الْمَلآئِكَةُ ...

...carried by the angels.

Ibn Jurayj stated that Ibn Abbas said,

"The angels came down while carrying the Tabut between the sky and the earth, until they placed it before Talut while the people were watching.''

As-Suddi said,

"The Tabut was brought to Talut's house, so the people believed in the Prophethood of Shamun (Simeon) and obeyed Talut.''

The Prophet then said:

... إِنَّ فِي ذَلِكَ لآيَةً لَّكُمْ ...

Verily, in this is a sign for you,

testifying to my truth in what I was sent with, my Prophethood, and my command to you to obey Talut.

... إِن كُنتُم مُّؤْمِنِينَ ﴿٢٤٨﴾

if you are indeed believers.

in Allah and the Hereafter.

Sakinah seems to be the Arabic splling of Shekhina:

Islam

Arabic: سكينة‎ sakīnah is mentioned six times in the Quran, in chapters 2, 9 and 48.[8]

Their prophet said to them: "The sign of his kingship is that the Ark will come to you in which there is tranquility from your Lord and a relic from the family of Moses and the family of Aaron, borne by the angels.

Al-Qurtubi mentions in his famous exegesis, in explanation of the above-mentioned verse, that according to Wahb ibn Munnabih, Sakinah is a spirit from God that speaks, and, in the case of the Israelites, where people disagreed on some issue, this spirit came to clarify the situation, and used to be a cause of victory for them in wars. According to Ali, "Sakinah is a sweet breeze/wind, whose face is like the face of a human". Mujahid mentions that "when Sakinah glanced at an enemy, they were defeated", and ibn Atiyyah mentions about the Ark of the Covenant (at-Tabut), to which the Sakina was associated, that souls found therein peace, warmth, companionship and strength.

Muslim ibn al-Hajjaj Nishapuri says in his Sahih al-Bukhari, that a certain man (during the time of Muhammad), was reciting the sura al-Kahf from the Quran by his tethered horse, and as he was reciting, a cloud engulfed him, which was encircling and descending, whose sight caused his horse to jump and move, and so when morning came he went to Muhammad and informed him of what occurred, to which Muhammad replied that it was the Sakinah that descended for the Quran.

According to Sunni traditions, when Muhammad was persecuted in Mecca and the time came for him to emigrate to Madinah (Medina), he took temporary refuge with his companion Abu Bakr in the cave of Thawr. Seeking to be hidden from the Makkans who were looking for him, it was at Thawr where God brought down His sakina over them, protecting them from their enemies. According to Sufism, it was at Thawr that Abu Bakr was blessed with divine secrets whose transmission from him to the latter generations formed the Naqshbandi path of Sufism. It was this experience that led the second Caliph Umar to say that all the good Umar did cannot stand as an equivalent to Abu Bakr's sole virtue of companionship with Muhammad at the Thawr cave.

Muhammed's grandson Hussein ibn Ali named one of his daughters Sakina. She tragically perished in a Syrian prison during the imprisonment of Hussein's family members, mostly women and children, who survived the Battle of Karbala. She was the first person in the history of Islam to have been given the name Sakinah. It is currently a popular female name in most Islamic cultures.

Then i found this totally different view on what Tabut is by Muhammad Ali in his book The Holy Quran:

828339786.jpg

He has been labelled as heretical. His sect is Lahori Ahmediyya.

Same view is adobted by Muhammad Asad in his book The Message of the Qur'an:

And their prophet said unto them: "Behold, it shall be a sign of his [rightful] dominion that

you will be granted a heart239 endowed by your Sustainer with inner peace and with all that is

enduring in the angel-borne heritage left behind by the House of Moses and the House of

Aaron.240 Herein, behold, there shall indeed be a sign for you if you are [truly] believers."

239 Lit., "that there will come to you the heart". The word tabut - here rendered as "heart" -

has been conventionally interpreted as denoting the Ark of the Covenant mentioned in the Old

Testament, which is said to have been a highly-ornamented chest or box. The explanations

offered by most of the commentators who adopt the latter meaning are very contradictory, and

seem to be based on Talmudic legends woven around that "ark". However, several authorities

of the highest standing attribute to tabut the meaning of "bosom" or "heart" as well: thus,

Baydawi in one of the alternatives offered in his commentary on this verse, as well as

Zamakhshari in his Asas (though not in the Kashshaf ), Ibn al-Athir in the Nihdyah, Raghib,

and Taj al-'Arus (the latter four in the article tabata ); see also Lane I, 321, and IV, 1394

(art. sakfnah). If we take this to be the meaning of tabut in the above context, it would

be an allusion to the Israelites' coming change of heart (a change already indicated, in

general terms, in verse 243 above). In view of the subsequent mention of the "inner peace"

in the tabut, its rendering as "heart" is definitely more appropriate than "ark".

240 Lit., "and the remainder of that which the House (al) of Moses and the House of Aaron

left behind. borne by the angels". The expression "borne by the angels" or "angel-borne"

is an allusion to the God-inspired nature of the spiritual heritage left by those two

prophets; while the "remainder" (baqiyyah) denotes that which is "lasting" or "enduring"

in that heritage.

And G A Parwez in his book Exposion of the Quran:

247-248

Anyhow, they repeated their request for a commander and their Nabi told them that Allah had appointed Saul as their commander. They immediately responded by saying: “How can a man like Saul be our commander? We are more deserving than he. He is a poor man.” The Nabi said, “Wealth is not the criterion for appointing a commander. Saul possesses more knowledge and physical prowess than the others. This is the Law of Allah according to which He selects one for a position of authority and this Law is based on His Infinite Knowledge and not according to your self-made standards.” The Nabi continued: “Since Saul will use his powers in accordance with Allah’s Laws, the immediate result of his leadership will be that your hearts will be rid of the fear of the enemy and you will become tranquil and contented. Secondly, he will recover the relics left by the descendants of Moses and Aaron from their capture and restore them to you. All this should furnish ample proof that Saul’s selection is indeed the right one.”

Now i'm more confused than i was before! And apparently, the Tabuts in each verse are not the same, to Muslims. Their book says so little about Tabut yet they had detailed stories about it (inspired/copied from Torah?). All while they believe the Torah was distorted.

As Tudor Parfitt had said this drum like ark of the Lemba`s could have had some kind of gun powder mixture carried in it that sparked and was rebuilt after being damaged by fire. To me would be more believeable than anything magical.

While I respect what experts like Tudor Parfitt and others in his field say, I don't totally agree with everything they say. Again, it has more to do with one's mindset and individual opinion on these mythical and legendary topics. If you believe that the Bible, Koran, or whatever ever holy texts you believe in are true, then you would also believe that this Ark of the Covenant had almost supernatural like powers. Legend has it that this is because it came from God, which is a simple enough explanation. I, personally, believe that there are forces in this world and even throughout the universe that we humans simply cannot begin to understand. Maybe these things have scientific explanations, but we are likely a long way off from being able to explain these forces in our scientific terms. Some have theorized that the Ark was some kind of communication device to talk directly to God. That is indeed an interesting theory and would put a lot of customs linked to the Ark into logical contexts. Like only having holy individuals being able to use or be in the very presence of the object. But, like all myths it boils down to interpretation. That's just my take on it....

• 2 weeks later...

Anyway what kind of Box could spread Red sea, Jordan river , kill many people , create tumors,radiate people?

Was Ark built in Golden ratio? How come that Levites knew how to handle it? Does Moses wrote instructions how to use it?

Was Ark weapon for psychological warfare? Were Hebrews so smart that they realized that belief can be used as greatest weapon of all and convienced their enemies by rumors they spread that they have all mighty weapon?

After Moses and Hebrews left Egypt they took many precious things, gold,jules and ofcourse knowledge from ancient Egypt . Could it be that their stole knowledge for building Ark. Moses must known many Egyptians secret and their science. I read once how Ark have same proportion as Sarcophagi from Great pyramid and that missing cap stone of Great pyramid was from copper so that pyramid could collect energy and transported energy to Ark/Sarchophagi placed in Great pyramid. So was Ark Capacitor for storing electricity?

What kind of Box could spread Red sea, Jordan river , kill many people , create tumors,radiate people?

Why would one enslaved own people to create resting place for radio? Was it more?

Radiactive elements in a large enough quantity,enclosed in a lead box....can explain few of the events you mentioned i.e, tumors,radioactive posioning and death due to opening the ark,"a thing of fire" as radioactive exposure will cause burns,needing to build a special enclosure for it. Though parting the Jordan river cannot be explained by radioactivity.

Other cultures also speak of such bright and terrible weapons,described as ' a thousand Suns'. Mass scale wipe out of ancient civilizations can also be explained by such weapons, that do not cause physical destruction but kill anything alive (i.e radioactive poisoning).

Radiation injury can also cause hallucinations, and that can explain why people think they communicated with God.

Edited by Harsh86_Patel
  • Like 1

In Muslims holy Scripture, the Quran, the Arabic word for Ark is Tabut and is mentioned only twice:

Yusuf Ali's translation

Picthal's translation

20:39

Yusuf Ali's translation

Picthal's translation

That's it! The Quran basically doesn't say much about the AOC. So i tried looking up what other sources of the Islam say about the AOC.

The interpretation of 2:248:

Major Quranic exegesis, Tafsir al-Jalalayn, says:

Tanwîr al-Miqbâs min Tafsîr Ibn ‘Abbâs says:

Tafsir Ibn Kathir says:

Sakinah seems to be the Arabic splling of Shekhina:

Then i found this totally different view on what Tabut is by Muhammad Ali in his book The Holy Quran:

828339786.jpg

He has been labelled as heretical. His sect is Lahori Ahmediyya.

Same view is adobted by Muhammad Asad in his book The Message of the Qur'an:

And G A Parwez in his book Exposion of the Quran:

Now i'm more confused than i was before! And apparently, the Tabuts in each verse are not the same, to Muslims. Their book says so little about Tabut yet they had detailed stories about it (inspired/copied from Torah?). All while they believe the Torah was distorted.

Quran was a mixture of information obtained from Jews, Christians and Pagans. It also has a lot of hearsay that was floating around during the times of Muhammad.So it is a secondary source and most of the information it has is already present in other older ancient texts.
  • Like 1

While I respect what experts like Tudor Parfitt and others in his field say, I don't totally agree with everything they say. Again, it has more to do with one's mindset and individual opinion on these mythical and legendary topics. If you believe that the Bible, Koran, or whatever ever holy texts you believe in are true, then you would also believe that this Ark of the Covenant had almost supernatural like powers. Legend has it that this is because it came from God, which is a simple enough explanation. I, personally, believe that there are forces in this world and even throughout the universe that we humans simply cannot begin to understand. Maybe these things have scientific explanations, but we are likely a long way off from being able to explain these forces in our scientific terms. Some have theorized that the Ark was some kind of communication device to talk directly to God. That is indeed an interesting theory and would put a lot of customs linked to the Ark into logical contexts. Like only having holy individuals being able to use or be in the very presence of the object. But, like all myths it boils down to interpretation. That's just my take on it....

In one documentry on the ark they, showed how a certain subtance in sand can spark when lit with fire, forgot what documentry that was :)

• 4 years later...
2 hours ago, William Batey said:

Revelations 11:19 show the Ark of the Covenant was lifted up into Heaven where it is today.

Dude, you are just bumping old threads and typing your personal belief. Find a nice Christian Forum. This one is about historical facts.

• Like 8

God told Moses to build the Ark of the Covenant to house God while he would be on earth with the Israelites.  The Ark is the dwelling place of God.

1 hour ago, William Batey said:

God told Moses to build the Ark of the Covenant to house God while he would be on earth with the Israelites.  The Ark is the dwelling place of God.

Yes, that is indeed the story in the popular collection of fairy tales called the Old Testament. Like everything else in the book, that belief should be approached with at least a modicum of suspicion.

--Jaylemurph

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, jaylemurph said:

Yes, that is indeed the story in the popular collection of fairy tales called the Old Testament. Like everything else in the book, that belief should be approached with at least a modicum of suspicion.

--Jaylemurph

That's what I was taught in my Quaker seminary education and what my stepsister has been yelling at the "convinced" we've been overrun with. *It's just stories!!!! Do not teach the children it's facts!!!!!!*

• Like 4

1) What is the ark of the covenant? 

The ark of the covenant is the electric capacitor created by two golden layers inside and outside of the box, separated by the layer of acacia wood. Two angles on top of the ark were connected to each of the golden layers, separated from each other by an air gap. The interior of the ark was field with the junk poultry and water creating acid, which needed for the capacitor to function. 

2) Yes, the Jewish people were carrying the electric capacitor around the desert for 40 years (if  the record in Bible is accurate). The typical impedance of the human body (assuming dry condition) is around 10 kOhm and the lethal current through the human body is around 0.2 Amps. So, yes if someone would get a wrong idea of touching those two angels on the top of the box, he would instantly die as that could have potential of 5000 Volts or more. Also, yes, if someone would wash his face with the acid water from the inside the ark that would definitely result in skin bubbling and cancer.

3) Where the ark of the covenant was used?

The ark of the covenant was used in one of the Egyptian pyramids. It was placed inside the pyramid coffer with the purpose to ionize the hydrogen gas filled the chamber. That was needed mainly when the primary source of the hydrogen gas ionization (the Sun) was not present (during the night). The high voltage potential across two angels would ionize the hydrogen creating free electrons in the air, picked up by the king's chamber and injected into the ionosphere to create the light over the pyramid. The dimensions of the ark of the covenant are precisely described in the Bible by in really are irrelevant, as they will just affect the capacitance value. As long as the ark fits in the pyramid coffer it will be all good. 

That is it, period... nothing else you need to know about the ark of the covenant's function. Now you can move on with more important things to focus on, like the function of the pyramids where the ark of the covenant was used. See this video. I also have the thread in this forum titled "The great pyramid of Giza is finally cracked" please contribute to the thread with your arguments but please be constructive.   

Thanks

Konstantin Borisov

• Like 1

13 hours ago, kborissov said:

The ark of the covenant is the electric capacitor created by two golden layers inside and outside of the box, separated by the layer of acacia wood. Two angles on top of the ark were connected to each of the golden layers, separated from each other by an air gap. The interior of the ark was field with the junk poultry and water creating acid, which needed for the capacitor to function. 

Knowing the properties of acacia wood. It would of rotted in less than a year if filled with water. Especially if the water was acidic.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Piney said:

Knowing the properties of acacia wood. It would of rotted in less than a year if filled with water. Especially if the water was acidic.

Hence the gilded lining...

• Like 2

Just now, Jarocal said:

which wasn't watertight.....

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Jarocal said:

Your fired from the Cabal. Turn in your Deep State and Illuminati I.D. with @Harte

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Piney said:

which wasn't watertight.....

Like the stinkyfooted Egyptian bumpkins building a limestone rubble pile, the ancient Hebrews used academically unattested technology to ensure a watertight layer of hold was inside the ark.

Edited by Jarocal
Cladking translations are from the natural language.
  • Like 2

Just now, Jarocal said:

Like the stinjy footes Egyptian bumpkins building a limestone rubble pile, the ancient Hebrews used academically unattested technology to ensure a watertight layer of hold was inside the ark.

Just now, Piney said:

Your fired from the Cabal. Turn in your Deep State and Illuminati I.D. with @Harte

Just now, Piney said:

I've never been a member of the cabal. I embrace fringy things (preferably silk and the only thing wrapped around a cute undergrad).

• Like 2

Just now, Jarocal said:

I've never been a member of the cabal. I embrace fringy things (preferably silk and the only thing wrapped around a cute undergrad).

Ah, a spy.....Kmt might have you mummified for his collection...

• Like 1

So long as he waits till tomorrow. I plan on having in depth academic discussions with a brilliant young lady aspiring to be a marine biologist this evening. Next weekend would actually work better for mummification. Expedition trailer v2.0 Is already sold but the Timbren suspension wont arrive until Wednesday or Thursday.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jarocal said:

So long as he waits till tomorrow. I plan on having in depth academic discussions with a brilliant young lady aspiring to be a marine biologist this evening. Next weekend would actually work better for mummification. Expedition trailer v2.0 Is already sold but the Timbren suspension wont arrive until Wednesday or Thursday.

I found some local Satanists for my "academic discussions". I've grown bored of the run of the mill Rowan U barfly...

• Like 1