Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ark of the Covenant

Big Bad Voodoo

1 hour ago, Jarocal said:

Like the stinkyfooted Egyptian bumpkins building a limestone rubble pile, the ancient Hebrews used academically unattested technology to ensure a watertight layer of hold was inside the ark.

Go back to school.

Capacitors don't need any acid - they aren't batteries.

There's no liquid in a Leyden Jar.

Harte

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, Harte said:

Go back to school.

Capacitors don't need any acid - they aren't batteries.

There's no liquid in a Leyden Jar.

Harte

Might not be any water in a capacitor but I guarantee God required that they kept a couple Mason Jars of Appalachian Mountain Dew in the ark among other lesser hallowed items such as mana and the ten commandments...

Edit to add-

I will be attending a sermon by some prophets(the lacs) from the hallowed ground of Georgia at the chameleon club in Lancaster on April 18th if anyone else wishes to attend. It is a sincere effort on their part to leave such a paradise and spread the gospel of Appalachia to the rest of the world.I  know I wouldn't leave.  

Edited by Jarocal
Cladking translations are from the natural language.
  • Like 2

They'd have been better off ageing them in acacia wood barrels.

Harte

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Harte said:

They'd have been better off ageing them in acacia wood barrels.

Harte

Fine likker deserves glass and cheap canning lids...

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Jarocal said:

Fine likker deserves glass and cheap canning lids...

Right on. Harte with his "aging" the liquor and his "not going blind when you drink it" is all yuppie nonsense.

--Jaylemurph

• Like 4

Just spit balling ideas here (and I know many people probably have proposed this before me)

But the whole "death upon touching the arc"...couldn't that just be a dramatization of some law that whoever touched the arc, and wasn't of the priest class, would be sentenced to death? Doesn't that sound a little bit more sensible?
Well...or something the priests cooked up to hide the fact that the big old box was empty due to exodus just being a myth.
Or both.

Again, if the thing existed at all, it was a big wooden box,, perhaps with some religious artifacts inside.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, kborissov said:

1) What is the ark of the covenant? 

The ark of the covenant is the electric capacitor created by two golden layers inside and outside of the box, separated by the layer of acacia wood. Two angles on top of the ark were connected to each of the golden layers, separated from each other by an air gap. The interior of the ark was field with the junk poultry and water creating acid, which needed for the capacitor to function. 

2) Yes, the Jewish people were carrying the electric capacitor around the desert for 40 years (if  the record in Bible is accurate). The typical impedance of the human body (assuming dry condition) is around 10 kOhm and the lethal current through the human body is around 0.2 Amps. So, yes if someone would get a wrong idea of touching those two angels on the top of the box, he would instantly die as that could have potential of 5000 Volts or more. Also, yes, if someone would wash his face with the acid water from the inside the ark that would definitely result in skin bubbling and cancer.

3) Where the ark of the covenant was used?

The ark of the covenant was used in one of the Egyptian pyramids. It was placed inside the pyramid coffer with the purpose to ionize the hydrogen gas filled the chamber. That was needed mainly when the primary source of the hydrogen gas ionization (the Sun) was not present (during the night). The high voltage potential across two angels would ionize the hydrogen creating free electrons in the air, picked up by the king's chamber and injected into the ionosphere to create the light over the pyramid. The dimensions of the ark of the covenant are precisely described in the Bible by in really are irrelevant, as they will just affect the capacitance value. As long as the ark fits in the pyramid coffer it will be all good. 

That is it, period... nothing else you need to know about the ark of the covenant's function. Now you can move on with more important things to focus on, like the function of the pyramids where the ark of the covenant was used. See this video. I also have the thread in this forum titled "The great pyramid of Giza is finally cracked" please contribute to the thread with your arguments but please be constructive.   

Thanks

Konstantin Borisov

The Great Pyramid was erected sometime around 2500 BCE. The Hebrews emerged in the highland of Judah around 1200 BCE.

So you're saying the pyramid was built, then everyone waited 1,300 years for this "ionizing" power source. Okay, got it. That makes sense.

Right?

• Like 7

11 hours ago, jaylemurph said:

Right on. Harte with his "aging" the liquor and his "not going blind when you drink it" is all yuppie nonsense.

--Jaylemurph

Cook it in copper and cut the heads and tails off. Your eyesight will be fine.

Take a block of white oak. Split it into 1/2 diameter sticks. Cooked them in a oven at 400 degrees for 4 to 5 hours. Burn the crap out of them with a torch. Let them soak in the batch for 1 month. BANG! 10 year old whiskey.

Tis why the craft brewers hate us Piney and Hillbilly "speed agers". They say we're cheating

• Like 2

All of this being debated is plausible only if an entity known as "God" exists. Else its all hear say and fairy tales.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, kmt_sesh said:

The Great Pyramid was erected sometime around 2500 BCE. The Hebrews emerged in the highland of Judah around 1200 BCE.

So you're saying the pyramid was built, then everyone waited 1,300 years for this "ionizing" power source. Okay, got it. That makes sense.

Right?

Hi Kmt

Think CERN it is altering history and the way some people see it.

jmccr8

• Like 1

9 hours ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Kmt

Think CERN it is altering history and the way some people see it.

jmccr8

Oh, gees, thanks. I'd forgotten all about the CERN thread. Now I'm remembering it. Ouch.

• Like 1

Fun fact: I just looked and in German the Arc of the Covenant has the hugely inspiring and mystical name of "Bundeslade" which translates to "Federal Drawer" in modern German, but would have meant something more like "Box of the Covenant" in olden times.

So you see, it's just a drawer/box where Yahweh keeps his toiletries. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Orphalesion said:

Fun fact: I just looked and in German the Arc of the Covenant has the hugely inspiring and mystical name of "Bundeslade" which translates to "Federal Drawer" in modern German, but would have meant something more like "Box of the Covenant" in olden times.

So you see, it's just a drawer/box where Yahweh keeps his toiletries. 

I think it's really cool you did this research. I don't want to be picky or pedantic, but...

The German word Bundes comes from the verb "binden" (and its English cognate "to bind"). It doesn't quite mean federal as much as "the people who are bonded together." The old name for West Germany was the Bundesrepublik which functions a lot like federal in that it refers to the German population under the government, but bundes doesn't quite equal public.

Of course, I defer to anyone who speaks Germanic language(s) better than me.

--Jaylemurph

• Like 1

Just now, jaylemurph said:

I think it's really cool you did this research. I don't want to be picky or pedantic, but...

The German word Bundes comes from the verb "binden" (and its English cognate "to bind"). It doesn't quite mean federal as much as "the people who are bonded together." The old name for West Germany was the Bundesrepublik which functions a lot like federal in that it refers to the German population under the government, but bundes doesn't quite equal public.

Of course, I defer to anyone who speaks Germanic language(s) better than me.

--Jaylemurph

Well German is my first language. Bundesrepublik Deutschland (Federal Republic of Germany) is actually the current, official name for the reunited Germany, just like Bundesrepublik Oesterreich is the official name for Austria. Bundeshaupstadt= Federal Capital. "Der Bund" = The Federation of the different German member states. Veolkerbund = the League of Nations. Bundestaat=Federal State, also often used to describe member states of the USA in dubbed movies/shows "Bundestaat Florida"

Of course that's how the word Bund is mostly used in politics today, as I said in older use, when the word Budneslade was created, it was pretty identical to covenant, just like Lade used to describe a box rather than a drawer so it's original meaning was "Box of the Covenant"
However when I was a kid it really did make me think it was a drawer where the "federation of the tribes of Israel" kept their stuff. :P

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Orphalesion said:

Well German is my first language. Bundesrepublik Deutschland (Federal Republic of Germany) is actually the current, official name for the reunited Germany, just like Bundesrepublik Oesterreich is the official name for Austria. Bundeshaupstadt= Federal Capital. "Der Bund" = The Federation of the different German member states. Veolkerbund = the League of Nations. Bundestaat=Federal State, also often used to describe member states of the USA in dubbed movies/shows "Bundestaat Florida"

Of course that's how the word Bund is mostly used in politics today, as I said in older use, when the word Budneslade was created, it was pretty identical to covenant, just like Lade used to describe a box rather than a drawer so it's original meaning was "Box of the Covenant"
However when I was a kid it really did make me think it was a drawer where the "federation of the tribes of Israel" kept their stuff. :P

I didn't know you spoke German or I would never have posted.

But thank you for your awesome, detailed response and also for not mocking me relentlessly.

--Jaylemurph

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, jaylemurph said:

I didn't know you spoke German or I would never have posted.

But thank you for your awesome, detailed response and also for not mocking me relentlessly.

--Jaylemurph

No problem dude ^_^
And you were right in most of the things you posted, with exception to Bundesrepublik being an outdated name for West-Germany.

And really the "federal drawer" was just a bit of a joke, because it can be technically defined like that in German :lol:

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Orphalesion said:

No problem dude ^_^
And you were right in most of the things you posted, with exception to Bundesrepublik being an outdated name for West-Germany.

And really the "federal drawer" was just a bit of a joke, because it can be technically defined like that in German :lol:

I took two years of German in college. I think my favorite word was Fluchzeug, for "airplane," because it literally means "flying stuff." words are fun.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, kmt_sesh said:

I took two years of German in college. I think my favorite word was Fluchzeug, for "airplane," because it literally means "flying stuff." words are fun.

The first sentence I learned in college German "Das poster fliegt draussen mit dem Baby": The Poster flies outside with the Baby.

I have yet to make use of that sentence myself, but I assume there are enough flying babies in Germany to warrant its preeminence in my class.

--Jaylemurph

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, kmt_sesh said:

Flugzeug (but depending on the dialect it does get pronounced like Fluchzeug) but yes, it technically translates to "flying thing"/"flying stuff" The German word for meanwhile is "Fahrzeug" (driving thing/stuff)

And I agree, words are fun, I always find it the easiest to understand a language when I know the reason and etymology of why things are called what they are. I'm currently driving my poor French teacher crazy with my constant questions of "why do you say it like that" "does this word derive from this Latin word?" "Isn't this just like you say it in English?" Good times. 

2 minutes ago, jaylemurph said:

The first sentence I learned in college German "Das poster fliegt draussen mit dem Baby": The Poster flies outside with the Baby.

I have yet to make use of that sentence myself, but I assume there are enough flying babies in Germany to warrant its preeminence in my class.

--Jaylemurph

Oh I can't tell you what a nuisance those flying babies with their posters are around here :lol: And they don't even care where they stick those posters, I have to clear my windows several times a week because they constantly get plastered with posters left there by those flying babies.

Edited by Orphalesion
  • Like 4

7 minutes ago, Orphalesion said:

Flugzeug (but depending on the dialect it does get pronounced like Fluchzeug) but yes, it technically translates to "flying thing"/"flying stuff" The German word for meanwhile is "Fahrzeug" (driving thing/stuff)

That's probably nothing more than my spelling it wrong. It should've been Flugzeug. I used to be much better at this, but like they say: if you don't use it you lose it.

Oh I can't tell you what a nuisance those flying babies with their posters are around here :lol: And they don't even care where they stick those posters, I have to clear my windows several times a week because they constantly get plastered with posters left there by those flying babies.

What a nuisance! At what age do German babies lose their ability to fly? :D

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, kmt_sesh said:

What a nuisance! At what age do German babies lose their ability to fly? :D

It depends, Northern Germans between the ages of 8 months and a year, Southern Germans and Austrians lose their wings when they are between 12 and 18 months old. German speaking Swiss get to fly the longest, sometimes keeping their wings until they are two years old.

It's really quite adorable because they look like little Renaissance cherubs, but I don't think I have to describe what kind of emergency happens when one of those flying babies loses their diaper...

• Like 4

I was always fond of fledermaus. 

On ‎3‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 9:04 PM, kmt_sesh said:

Right?

Hey it takes a while for the power source to charge up, no one could leave till the green light came on. Don't be hatin.

Acid filled capacitors. Oh the technology we have lost. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, BorizBadinov said:

I was always fond of fledermaus. 

Hey it takes a while for the power source to charge up, no one could leave till the green light came on. Don't be hatin.

Acid filled capacitors. Oh the technology we have lost. 

I still want my cheap deep cell batteries that last longer than a year.....

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Orphalesion said:

You're scraping posters off windows, but others are scraping babies off Fluchzeug windscreens.

Harte

• Like 4

The Templars hid it on Oak Island........

• Like 3