Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ark of the Covenant

Big Bad Voodoo

28 minutes ago, Mr Guitar said:

The Templars hid it on Oak Island........

and the Algonquians stole it and we now use it in Midi Ceremonies....

• Like 4

Guys, I saw this documentary from the 80s where it said that this totally cute archeologist found the arc in the 30s, killed a bunch of Nazis with it and they put it in some warehouse in Nevada.

So we know where it is; in some warehouse in Nevada.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Orphalesion said:

Guys, I saw this documentary from the 80s where it said that this totally cute archeologist found the arc in the 30s, killed a bunch of Nazis with it and they put it in some warehouse in Nevada.

So we know where it is; in some warehouse in Nevada.

Top men.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, kmt_sesh said:

Top men.

"Ohio Fred and the Pyramid of Death"?

• Like 1

On 3/5/2018 at 5:49 AM, Piney said:

Cook it in copper and cut the heads and tails off. Your eyesight will be fine.

Take a block of white oak. Split it into 1/2 diameter sticks. Cooked them in a oven at 400 degrees for 4 to 5 hours. Burn the crap out of them with a torch. Let them soak in the batch for 1 month. BANG! 10 year old whiskey.

Tis why the craft brewers hate us Piney and Hillbilly "speed agers". They say we're cheating

If you ain't cheatin' you ain't trying hard enough. :P

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Jarocal said:

If you ain't cheatin' you ain't trying hard enough. :P

and good meal corn too. I tried using silage corn and made 2 gallons of carburetor cleaner.........

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Lilly said:

Come on, everyone knows The Ark of the Covenant is safely stored in a warehouse in Area 51...

Pffft... that's what they WANT you to think. 

In point of fact, it is in Warehouse 13 ! 

Warehouse13.jpg 

Edited by RoofGardener
  • Like 2

On 3/4/2018 at 3:23 PM, Harte said:

Go back to school.

Capacitors don't need any acid - they aren't batteries.

There's no liquid in a Leyden Jar.

Harte

Some do. google wet electrolytic capacitor. they are called wet and electrolytic for a reason. Also, you probably do not know but electrolyte is really a boric acid, you can make that stuff from the junk food, if you need to. 

6 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

Pffft... that's what they WANT you to think. 

In point of fact, it is in Warehouse 13 ! 

Warehouse13.jpg 

I'm tellin you folks we have it stashed on the Algonquian Reserve because some dummy left it on Oak Island....

• Like 1

3 hours ago, kborissov said:

Some do. google wet electrolytic capacitor. they are called wet and electrolytic for a reason. Also, you probably do not know but electrolyte is really a boric acid, you can make that stuff from the junk food, if you need to. 

Capacitors don't need liquid.

Harte

• Like 2

16 hours ago, kborissov said:

Boric acid can be used as an electrolyte, but it isn't typically used in electrolytic capacitors. Also, it isn't soluble in water at normal temperatures.

Home made electrolytic capacitors can use a solution of borax powder and water, but that isn't boric acid and it doesn't form boric acid in the capacitor.

Harte

• Like 2

On 3/8/2018 at 6:06 AM, Harte said:

Boric acid can be used as an electrolyte, but it isn't typically used in electrolytic capacitors. Also, it isn't soluble in water at normal temperatures.

Home made electrolytic capacitors can use a solution of borax powder and water, but that isn't boric acid and it doesn't form boric acid in the capacitor.

Harte

As an aside, with patience (time and vigorous mixing) we can make a 4% solution of boric acid at room temperature though no higher.  And you're right borax is a sodium salt of boric acid (sodium borate).

Regards,

MDagger

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MDagger said:

As an aside, with patience (time and vigorous mixing) we can make a 4% solution of boric acid at room temperature though no higher.  And you're right borax is a sodium salt of boric acid (sodium borate).

Regards,

MDagger

Sure, but a borax solution works as an electrolyte. So do many other solutions that don't take any time and patience.

If I'm gonna spend much time mixing, it will be a solution of coconut cream, pineapple and rum.

Especially now that Spring Break has begun!!!!

:D

Harte

• Like 4

53 minutes ago, Harte said:

Sure, but a borax solution works as an electrolyte. So do many other solutions that don't take any time and patience.

If I'm gonna spend much time mixing, it will be a solution of coconut cream, pineapple and rum.

Harte

But you're leaving out the pineapple, right? Such a vile, vile fruit.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Harte said:

Harte

My favorite drink if it's made with Captain Morgan 1671......but I'm not allowed to drink..:(...........Harte, you suck.....<_<

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Piney said:

My favorite drink if it's made with Captain Morgan 1671......but I'm not allowed to drink..:(...........Harte, you suck.....<_<

I'll have a couple for ya. You can have the hangover in the morning if I imbibe a hi too much. 4am seems to come early sometimes 

• Like 3

Just now, Jarocal said:

I'll have a couple for ya. You can have the hangover in the morning if I imbibe a hi too much. 4am seems to come early sometimes 

Sshhh! I'm watching 'Thor Ragnarok'....

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jarocal said:

That sounds like a swell arrangement. You do the drinking and someone else suffers the hangover. Sweet!

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, kmt_sesh said:

That sounds like a swell arrangement. You do the drinking and someone else suffers the hangover. Sweet!

I thought it a rather equitable arrangement for both parties.

And ironically I am actually watching a movie too. "The Mummy"

Edited by Jarocal
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Jarocal said:

Sshhhh......

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Jarocal said:

A very good movie. I'm glad I had this effect on you. :P

• Like 1

On 08/03/2018 at 8:32 AM, Harte said:

Capacitors don't need liquid.

Harte

LIQUID capacitors do. DO KEEP UP 007!

• Like 2