Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

A dream inside a dream inside a dream.... etc

Cryptid_Control

I've honestly never heard of this happening so I was wondering if it's common or means anything.

Anyways, a few nights ago I had a dream where I woke up and I just figured I was awake and started going on with my day, all of the sudden a bear runs into my room and I wake up again. In that dream the same thing happened but instead of a bear I just collapsed and woke up. Now this happens a few more times and every time I wake up I'm more weary about my surroundings and I start freaking out wondering if I'm finally awake at this time. Now this might sound lucid but I wasn't completely into it because I only noticed this after I woke up, but wheretime I woke up I was in a different room that I don't recognize now, but during the dream it seemed totally normal.

Once I fianlly woke up I was freaking out because I didn't know if I was really awake or if was another dream. I looked at my clock a few times (I heard that during dreams clocks have trouble showing a stable time because your brain doesn't register the details) and pinching myself.

Also, Probably the last time I 'woke up' but was still in the dream it became completely lucid and I realized I was dreaming, but usually when I'm in a lucid dream I just say wake up and suddenly I'm awake. This one didn't respond though and no matter how many times I said wake up nothing happened for probably 10 minutes. In the end when I finally woke up for good I was mumbling wake up as I came into conciousness.

I'm wondering what this is, if it means anything and is it common? Also is there anything I can do to avoid lucid dreaming? It really freaks me out.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cryptid_Control

• White Crane Feather

• libstaK

• 34th prototype

I've honestly never heard of this happening so I was wondering if it's common or means anything.

Anyways, a few nights ago I had a dream where I woke up and I just figured I was awake and started going on with my day, all of the sudden a bear runs into my room and I wake up again. In that dream the same thing happened but instead of a bear I just collapsed and woke up. Now this happens a few more times and every time I wake up I'm more weary about my surroundings and I start freaking out wondering if I'm finally awake at this time. Now this might sound lucid but I wasn't completely into it because I only noticed this after I woke up, but wheretime I woke up I was in a different room that I don't recognize now, but during the dream it seemed totally normal.

Once I fianlly woke up I was freaking out because I didn't know if I was really awake or if was another dream. I looked at my clock a few times (I heard that during dreams clocks have trouble showing a stable time because your brain doesn't register the details) and pinching myself.

Also, Probably the last time I 'woke up' but was still in the dream it became completely lucid and I realized I was dreaming, but usually when I'm in a lucid dream I just say wake up and suddenly I'm awake. This one didn't respond though and no matter how many times I said wake up nothing happened for probably 10 minutes. In the end when I finally woke up for good I was mumbling wake up as I came into conciousness.

I'm wondering what this is, if it means anything and is it common? Also is there anything I can do to avoid lucid dreaming? It really freaks me out.

Your experiences are called false awakenings.

yes it is false awakenings,and it is proved to create more stable,long lasting,concret dreams if succeed in dreaming inside a dream(maybe even more inside).But i could never do it intentionally(in an L dream)..i tried it and nearly got an nde.i think it should be spontaneous

Yes, I have had this happen. It's a little annoying, you are sure you are awake and heading down the stairs only you belatedly notice you are "floating" down, so you wake up, start again and "float" above the bed. After 3 tries on one occasion I just lay there and thought "now are you sure you are awake" while blinking repeatedly and pulling on my fingers (they say if you pull on your fingers while dreaming they will stretch like elastic, lol).

I used to do this as a kid, my parents would wake me for school I would drowse back off, complete my school day (in my dream) and crawl in to bed to go to sleep, then just as I fell asleep again my parents would come yell at me for falling back asleep. Made for very confusing days sometimes because I couldn't remember what happened in my dream compared to what happened the previous day. I think I was in 4th grade when it was happening the most.

I read somewhere that one is somehow accessing a different level of ones consciousness hence the "false awakenings" or even dreaming that you are having a dream...now that can be really weird.

I also have the same experience. I wonder what is the importantce or even meaning of thiskind of dream, anyone?

Ya 2 times but don`t know what if anything it meant lol. It was a messed up feeling big time.