Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

2012 Solar Flare Threat: December Conjunction

lightrespite

Dear Group,

I hearby present my latest research documentary detailing what I believe could possibly be a critical planetary alignment pattern as will be achieved this December, that may trigger an extremely powerful Coronal Mass Ejection - Earth Directed.

The Pattern is very closely arranged similar to the 1859 Pattern as led to the Great Solar Storm of that year; the so called Carrington Event.

There is indeed also a tie-in to the Mayan Long Count Calendar that 'adds to the intrigue' all the more. I hope it is of interest.

[media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzwQ4-sPjIs&feature=plcp[/media]

Sincerely

Keith

-1- The Mayan long count ends at 2220 AD, not 2012 AD,:

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?app=blog&module=display&section=blog&blogid=2684&showentry=24067

-2- We survived this solar flare, January 2012:

http://www.telegraph...even-years.html

Edited by Abramelin

If a solar flare of the type expected does happen, there is a chance it will occur on some part of the sun that is not pointing at Earth.

Also a look at the date with online solar system program shows the planets are not all aligned.

• Like 1

We have been in a solar storm threat for quite some time now and nothing. Our massive sun exploding these deadly flares in our direction happens all the time. Not sure if you know, but earth has a protective layer in the upper atmosphere called "THE OZONE LAYER" which protects us from these flares as it has since the beginning of time.

Every 10 years or so our sun goes through a cycle of higher solar activity. Totally normal, and we are totally safe. If you go to the NASA website site, they say that the chances of these periodical flares endangering our planet are less then %1.

Just look up at night and enjoy what we call here in Canada the Northern lights (aurora) :)

Edited by xquizit
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

We have been in a solar storm threat for quite some time now and nothing. Our massive sun exploding these deadly flares in our direction happens all the time. Not sure if you know, but earth has a protective layer in the upper atmosphere called "THE OZONE LAYER" which protects us from these flares as it has since the beginning of time.

Every 10 years or so our sun goes through a cycle of higher solar activity. Totally normal, and we are totally safe. If you go to the NASA website site, they say that the chances of these periodical flares endangering our planet are less then %1.

Just look up at night and enjoy what we call here in Canada the Northern lights (aurora) :)

Um...the "ozone" layer of the atmosphere has nothing to do with protecting the earth from solar radiation, well not to the extent you refer to, the earths magnetic field is what protects from solar radiation and solar winds. The ozone layer blocks a lot of the harmful UV Rays from the sun. Here is a quote from NOAA " Although ozone represents only a small fraction of the gas present in the atmosphere, it plays a vital role by shielding humans and other life from harmful ultraviolet light from the Sun"

Also the cycle you refer to is an 11 year cycle, which will peak at the end of 2012 thru the start of 2013. We are constantly bombarded by M-Class flares during these cycles, which have little to no effect on the surface, but an X-Class flare from a CME could have localized affects, the latest one of note would have been in 1989, Quebec had no power for 9 hours due to a CME

If I posted anything incorrect, do not hesitate to reply with the correct info, as I am just posting this from memory...

Edited by Blacsun2k
  • Like 1

lightrespite: Credentials first, then I'll watch your documentary.

xquizit: So what you're saying is that:

A: Nothing went wrong the first twenty times, so it won't go wrong the twenty-first.

Which is total bull****. Never rely on that. That's how people get dead.

and B: That since it's a naturally occurring cycle, we have nothing to worry about.

Because the Ice Age and the eruptions of super-volcanoes aren't devastating naturally occurring cycles, right?

Edited by Xetan

This is all completely academic until the OP provides a framework explaining how "planetary alignment" can cause solar flares.

• Like 2

If Fuls didn't know the correct definition of the New Moon, his analysis is worthless.

Actually it had to do with Venus among other things

From one of the sites linked to in Abramelin's blog

Fuls demonstrated that the GMT-correlation was not in line with a Mayan table that displayed the positions of Venus. And there is more, like inscriptions and artifacts that had not been discovered or dated in the time of Goodman, Martínez en Thompson.

Well...nice idea....

IF we were to have another Carrington Event in this day and age...I am afraid that many of the poo-poo-ers would be left slack jawed...I have studied the Carrington event and for lack of a better description...it was awesome!

But truth is....the odds of a super X class flare firing just right to hit us is extremely rare...(super X flare is X-30 or above...Carrington was an estimated x-45...estimates vary).

I don't see this cycle you are speaking of relating to solar activity...it is...well...kinda trivial. This particular cycle. solar cycle 24, has been way-way less than anticipated....which leads us to some new discoveries. The solar cycles we know have been based on 11 year cycles...it appears that science has discovered there a far bigger and longer cycles...they have affectionately come to be called the "Grand Maximum" and the "Maunder Minimum". These cycles track over hundreds of years.

This cycle...(24) was supposed to be a real barn burner...but it hasn't been...in fact...it is remarkably un-remarkable...and that might be bad. If we are heading into another long term "minimum"....well...I leave it to you to research the ramifications of a "Maunder Minimum"....

The cycle is what it is...if we are heading into a Maunder minimum....better get your snow shoes and skis ready....it's gonna be "cold out there"....

• Like 1

Well...nice idea....

IF we were to have another Carrington Event in this day and age...I am afraid that many of the poo-poo-ers would be left slack jawed...I have studied the Carrington event and for lack of a better description...it was awesome!

But truth is....the odds of a super X class flare firing just right to hit us is extremely rare...(super X flare is X-30 or above...Carrington was an estimated x-45...estimates vary).

I don't see this cycle you are speaking of relating to solar activity...it is...well...kinda trivial. This particular cycle. solar cycle 24, has been way-way less than anticipated....which leads us to some new discoveries. The solar cycles we know have been based on 11 year cycles...it appears that science has discovered there a far bigger and longer cycles...they have affectionately come to be called the "Grand Maximum" and the "Maunder Minimum". These cycles track over hundreds of years.

This cycle...(24) was supposed to be a real barn burner...but it hasn't been...in fact...it is remarkably un-remarkable...and that might be bad. If we are heading into another long term "minimum"....well...I leave it to you to research the ramifications of a "Maunder Minimum"....

The cycle is what it is...if we are heading into a Maunder minimum....better get your snow shoes and skis ready....it's gonna be "cold out there"....

I remember reading something about this every 10, 50, 100, 500, years etc you get these massive solar flares that will disrupt the earths weather etc.
  • Like 1

I remember reading something about this every 10, 50, 100, 500, years etc you get these massive solar flares that will disrupt the earths weather etc.

The point is, the science is pretty new and they just don't know. There has been extreme cycles of weather all across recorded time....that part of it is not new.

there is a good chance that none of us will live to see the "extremes" this planet is capable of producing....they come in gigantic cycles....most of us will be long forgotten when the next extreme comes....

That does not mean we shouldn't educate our progeny....they need to know..."hey...every so many generations...this place goes whack".....

But thing is...we just don't have enough data to predict it...all this new information on solar cycles and the connection between terrestrial weather and solar weather...is light....we cannot predict crapola about this....

best of luck folks....don't hate the messenger...just hate the message.....we have trouble coming...maybe this year...maybe next///maybe 30 years...who knows...but to be aware of a thing is to be better prepared for it....so...this is why we share....

• Like 1

The point is, the science is pretty new and they just don't know. There has been extreme cycles of weather all across recorded time....that part of it is not new.

there is a good chance that none of us will live to see the "extremes" this planet is capable of producing....they come in gigantic cycles....most of us will be long forgotten when the next extreme comes....

That does not mean we shouldn't educate our progeny....they need to know..."hey...every so many generations...this place goes whack".....

But thing is...we just don't have enough data to predict it...all this new information on solar cycles and the connection between terrestrial weather and solar weather...is light....we cannot predict crapola about this....

best of luck folks....don't hate the messenger...just hate the message.....we have trouble coming...maybe this year...maybe next///maybe 30 years...who knows...but to be aware of a thing is to be better prepared for it....so...this is why we share....

I also remember a fellow can't recall he's name but his theory wasn't bad where the worlds magnetic field shifts so far that it causes the earth to rotate about 180% or so in an instance thus snap freezing some areas example frozen mammoths etc and this happens every 10 to 50 thousand years or so hence the world according to him is upside down at this moment.

• 2 months later...

... would solar flares not destroy the earth?

if that is the case then I guess nothing would be returning to the planet,

and planet X is a sham....

and there would be no heaven on earth because it WILL NOT BE LIVEABLE.