Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Do you have a Personality Disorder?

Bling

Yea sorry I went off the subject. They diagnosed me with Post traumatic stress disorder and tried to prescribe to xanax but I flat out refused and walked out.

PTSD isn't a personailty disorder. :)

PTSD isn't a personailty disorder. :)

Hmm But doesn't it fit under cluster c (anxious and fearful disorders)

PTSD can fall under that category couldn't it?

Anyways call it what you will. But I see it as a personality disorder :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Personality_disorders#Cluster_C_.28anxious_or_fearful_disorders.29

Hmm But doesn't it fit under cluster c (anxious and fearful disorders)

PTSD can fall under that category couldn't it?

Anyways call it what you will. But I see it as a personality disorder :)

http://en.wikipedia....ul_disorders.29

PTSD is a disorder in it's own right - 'Post Traumatic Stress Disorder'. People with Personality Disorders can have PTSD but people with PTSD don't necessarily have a Personality Disorder.

I could have swore that I responded to this one already....

does being an alchoholic/drug addict count? It does in my book. I don't think its normal for a mule....

I see feeling Zombiefied isn't in there. Must be the behavior they want from us, if the effects and side-effects from most of the mental health drugs are concerned.

So what's wrong with that? Don't you think the stigma and misunderstanding attached to it should be addressed? That won't be done if everyone with a PD hides away in shame and fear. No one has to own up, but for those that do, I don't think reminding them that their friends and authorities would be entitled to an opinion whether positive or negative is helpful.

My point was not that they shouldn't share if they wish. I was simply making the point that ANYTHING shared online is out there for anyone to see and it's FOREVER.

My point was not that they shouldn't share if they wish. I was simply making the point that ANYTHING shared online is out there for anyone to see and it's FOREVER.

I don't think you get my point, but that's ok.

Oh I think I have a couple.....ADD, separation anxiety, manic/depressive....do those count? It's somewhat of a roller-coaster ride....normally they are kept in check, but occasionally one or the other leaks out....sometimes more than one....but I manage to survive....I haven't decided to check out yet....I guess that is a positive sign.

There is thing's that I will not share or post online due to the the above, and I also would NOT recommend that anyone post's various specific's online due to the reason's You have bought up

While (as I already have done in this topic) I do not mind if what I suffer with is online

There has been time's I have known people for a while and one day the conversation turned around to disabilities and the like and I turned round and said what I suffer with, from that moment on their whole attitude changed for some reason, it was like they could not handle that I was disabled, even though it is me that has to live with it and not them

There has also been time's that I have seen people being totally out of order in what they say and how they act toward's people with either disabilities or mental illnesses

There has been a few time's I have turned round to them and told them exactly what I think of them for doing so (severely)

It is only by people talking more openly about such thing's, that the people that are prejudice or whatever will (hopefully) learn a bit more and treat people with respect, rather than the way they treat people without them really understanding the reason's why the person they are trying to humiliate or take the mickey out of, why they are the way they are and how that person feel's

Talking about such thing's is not harmful in any way, in fact it can be or should be the opposite, it can and possibly would have a positive outcome

• Like 2

Oh I think I have a couple.....ADD, separation anxiety, manic/depressive....do those count? It's somewhat of a roller-coaster ride....normally they are kept in check, but occasionally one or the other leaks out....sometimes more than one....but I manage to survive....I haven't decided to check out yet....I guess that is a positive sign.

If you read the link to the article I posted you will understand what Personality Disorders (PD) are, what you describe of yourself isn't necessarily a PD.

Although I am thankful and admire people sharing their mental disorder diagnoses here, the point to this thread was to ascertain if anyone had actually been diagnosed with a Personality Disorder (PD) and to enlighten others about PD's. Feel free to share your mental issues still though as it's good to know we're not alone!

For a while there I thought I had lexdysia sorry dyslexia but I'm okay now I fink. :w00t:

• 3 months later...

You could say I have.

Providing you call Aspergers a personality disorder.