Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

what is this feeling?

EnglishStudent526

So I've been having this wierd feeling at nighttime. I wake up around 11-4:00 with a tingly feeling coming all over me.

hold up ok first time it happened, I could hardly breathe. I couldn't move. I couldn't speak normally, so i had to do the hoarse voise like in the grudge, and i muttered "God" and it stopped. idk if it's a coincidence.

the next time it happened, I think i just lied there and was asking God for help. I am a Christian and i always look to God.

So far it happened 3 times, then it just stopped. that was a while back.

Last night though, i had a dream the same thing happened again. in my dream it had felt like an earthquake shaking me. I went to go tell me mom and asked if there was an earthquake or something. she said it was the neighbors. So i went back to my room and i opened the door and saw a faded shadow in front of me. it started coming closer to me. I said "No" and turned and walked back, then back to bed. idr the rest.

(that was all in my dream)

Then i woke up and i had a tingly feeling again and it was like shivers down my spine. i then told my mom in real life and all she says was to pray. I always do before i go to sleep, and after this happens.

So, i'm asking has this ever happened to anyone or anything similar?

• Like 2

So I've been having this wierd feeling at nighttime. I wake up around 11-4:00 with a tingly feeling coming all over me.

hold up ok first time it happened, I could hardly breathe. I couldn't move. I couldn't speak normally, so i had to do the hoarse voise like in the grudge, and i muttered "God" and it stopped. idk if it's a coincidence.

So, i'm asking has this ever happened to anyone or anything similar?

To me it sounds like Sleep Paralysis but I could be wrong

Heres a link to wiki about it

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_paralysis

I have never had it happen to me

Look up sleep paralysis.

http://en.wikipedia....Sleep_paralysis

Oh Snap as I was typing this Jack beat me to it, haha

other than that, if it is some sort of being, treat it with respect, Its only as strong as you make it. Like in your dream when you said NO to the shadow, you did'nt give it power. If you are afraid, it may feed of this and only want more. Don't let it.

Peace,

Me :)

Edited by The Id3al Experience

i have considered sleep paralysis. from what i've read it says you can't move. that happened the first 2 times i think. but then i started thinking that it shouldn't have power over me, so i just willed myself to move on my side, something so I know i can move and am not helpless.

if i embrace that entity it would come in. if i ignore it it tries to get stronger...? is that what i'm hearing?

Look up sleep paralysis.

http://en.wikipedia....Sleep_paralysis

Oh Snap as I was typing this Jack beat me to it, haha

other than that, if it is some sort of being, treat it with respect, Its only as strong as you make it. Like in your dream when you said NO to the shadow, you did'nt give it power. If you are afraid, it may feed of this and only want more. Don't let it.

Peace,

Me :)

I don't so much as fear it as much as i just don't want it to happen. is it trying to possess me? is it trying to hurt me? it's an odd feeling that it gives..

my mom was having nightmares. when she has a nightmare she begins to kinda yell in her sleep, loudly though. so i continued to get up and wake her up. I got tired of it and so i was said whoever is causing this, you demons, come after me instead. i dare you.

that was what happend before those odd feelings i get.

idk if it's coincidence... i usually don't talk outloud alone in my room, but i got tired of my mom having nightmares...

lately, nothing has happened....

and no one knows anything about this other than possible sleep paralysis??

Edited by EnglishStudent526

thts pretty weird, idk anything about ghosts but why would a ghost make you feel tingly?

idk well i assume ghost if theres something unsual... i'm just that paranoid of a person....

it like make me sweat a bit at night, so i feel cold. then that makes me get chills

I believe its sleep paralysis. You know during the time you pray the body could have easily function back normally and stuff, since you were starting to be awake.

exactly why i said it might be a coincidence. but in sleep paralysis u can't move at all right? that only happened the first time. The next few times, i moved over onto my side or woke up on my side and moved myself on my back.

I'm think it's not sleep paralysis if you made the request for it to leave your mother and it did. You also made the request for it to do this to you instead of her so it did. Now you could use some psychic defense lessons. Saying no was a excellent start. But if it in your mind try some meditation before you sleep. Tell yourself this is going to stop, you are not going to allow it to happen anymore. Also you are religious try asking for angels to protect you while you sleep.

The tingly part I would get a doctor to check it out. It could be blood sugar dropping. Sometimes it happens at night. I wake up with similar feelings, but mainly my face and lips tingle. I have also had sleep pararlysis and no tingling with that. But I was recently diagnosed as type 2 diabetic caused by another illness. So get yourself checked. It might be nothing but better to be sure.

I'm think it's not sleep paralysis if you made the request for it to leave your mother and it did. You also made the request for it to do this to you instead of her so it did. Now you could use some psychic defense lessons. Saying no was a excellent start. But if it in your mind try some meditation before you sleep. Tell yourself this is going to stop, you are not going to allow it to happen anymore. Also you are religious try asking for angels to protect you while you sleep.

At times i have the fear of it going to happen again, but i do tell myself that it won't happen and that the lord protects me. and even if it does happen it is through his will i guess.. i'm really unsure about this.

went to get a physical recently.... before the last incident, and my doctor never said anything. should i have asked?

It could be energy body vibrations/ activation you are feeling - for more info check out the thread on Astral Projection FAQ's

http://www.unexplain...pic=219629&st=0

ok so body vibrations i got... and then it mentioned loud buzzing.... i was asleep one time and well i heard something in my left ear... like a fly that was buzzing... it wouldn't stop. My ear was placed against the pillow, so i know it wasn't a fly. when i moved over to my right side, it still kept going, and stopped somehow. That was a scary feeling...

• 9 months later...

So uhh.. it's still happening.. it's more of in my dreams now... I don't know if it's because i fear whatever this is that it comes int he form of a nightmare, or if it's something else... but... it's still happening in my dreams... and i'm not sure if it's happened to me in real life recently. I just woke up from the dream..

The dreams with it happening haven't happened a lot, of which i'm glad of, but it is still there...