Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Man dressed as Sasquatch hit and killed

jimbur

KALISPELL- A man wearing a Sasquatch suit died after being struck by two cars Sunday evening on U.S. Highway 93 south of Kalispell.

The Flathead County Coroner has identified the victim as Randy Lee Tenley, 44, of Kalispell.

Montana Highway Patrol Trooper Jim Schneider says friends of the victim said Tenley was wearing a military-style camouflage ghillie suit in hopes of creating a Bigfoot hoax.

Schneider said Tenley was first hit by a 15-year-old Somers girl driving in the right southbound lane who said she couldn't get out of the way. Tenley was then struck by again by another Somers teen's car as his body lay on the road.

"It's still a crash involving vehicles and a pedestrian. So we're still doing the same investigation, but once we started speaking to parties, then someone involved in it, trying to ascertain exactly what brought that gentleman out to Highway 93 ... I would not guess that would motivate anybody to be out on Highway 93," Scheider said.

Schneider said police are waiting to get toxicology reports to see if Tenley had been drinking.

http://www.kaj18.com...near-kalispell/

That is very sad. What a waste for something stupid. And he had friends with him?

Poor teenagers will have to live with that the rest of their lives. All for a hoax.

• Like 4

Sakari? That wasn't you right?

I would hope not. Sakari hasn't even posted anymore trail cam pics yet.

• Like 1

That is very sad. What a waste for something stupid. And he had friends with him?

Poor teenagers will have to live with that the rest of their lives. All for a hoax.

Yeah, stupid and very sad at the same time. A rare combination.

It never ceases to amaze me how stupid some people realy are to run across a highway in a camouflage suit at night,you might as well have painted youself in tar with a yellow stripe and layed in the middle of the road I think you would get the same effect its called death I feel sorry for he's family & friends for what they now have to go through.

• Like 1

Have to feel sorry for the teenagers driving the cars.

Could have been different, local NRA types would have taken him home on the bonnet and he'd be in the freezer now.

• Like 3

Hunters wearing camouflage ghillie suits have occasionally been shot by other hunters. I've never heard of one being hit by a car.

• Like 1

Hahahaha, I thought that at first too. And no, that wasn't Sakari.

But poor guy, and I guess kind of dumb guy. At least Sakari was smart enough not to go bigfooting on a highway, lol.

I'm surprised that more of these things haven't happened.

Now, I feel sorry for this guy and he didn't deserve to die, but I cannot even begin to understand why this guy would run around a road at night in a giant suit.

I was waiting for that :)

Nope, I would not do that...Not only me getting hit, making someone swerve and hit a tree at 55 mph would not make me feel good...

Still have the costume though :)

• Like 1

During the late 80's and early 90's a "werewolf" was making annual appearances in Elkhorn, Wisconsin. It would be standing by the side of the road. After one or two drivers would pass by it, it would flee into the bushes. There were never more than two reports every year but it went on for years. I've always suspected that this was some local guy who had designed a very convincing werewolf costume for himself and carefully staged his few appearances to generate very detailed and convincing reports but minimize his chance of getting caught, shot or run over.

Come on, it would be fun! Just imagine the expression on the driver's face as you look up at the car just before they pass and see a human with a dog's face! Add some glowing or reflective yellow eyes to really get their attention. Even better, tie a string that pulls the lips back to expose bloody fangs (like they did for the ape costumes in 2001: A Space Odyssey). Once you're sure you've made an impression, run into the bushes back to your warm truck and check the local paper the next day.

• Like 1

During the late 80's and early 90's a "werewolf" was making annual appearances in Elkhorn, Wisconsin. It would be standing by the side of the road. After one or two drivers would pass by it, it would flee into the bushes. There were never more than two reports every year but it went on for years. I've always suspected that this was some local guy who had designed a very convincing werewolf costume for himself and carefully staged his few appearances to generate very detailed and convincing reports but minimize his chance of getting caught, shot or run over.

Come on, it would be fun! Just imagine the expression on the driver's face as you look up at the car just before they pass and see a human with a dog's face! Add some glowing or reflective yellow eyes to really get their attention. Even better, tie a string that pulls the lips back to expose bloody fangs (like they did for the ape costumes in 2001: A Space Odyssey). Once you're sure you've made an impression, run into the bushes back to your warm truck and check the local paper the next day.

I did it, and may more with a Bigfoot costume....Not on highway 101, but near State Park camp grounds.....Cape Blanco lighthouse to be exact....

3 times, and not one report anywhere....I

Bray Road beast, yes? That area has a lot of werewolf stories, Bray Road is just particularly famous. I'm not sure how much is hoaxing, the stories have been around since at least the 30's in the general area. I'm more inclined to believe misinterpreted animal sightings, possible hysteria, particularly media stirred variety, and a lot of second hand tales being passed around.

What a sad story for all involved.

I have often wondered how many sightings of BF from travelling cars may have similar backgrounds to this incident.

• Like 2