Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

British CAA Interested in Pilots' UFO Reports

archernyc

From today's Huffington Post:

Despite the fact the UK's Ministry of Defense officially ended its UFO investigations in 2009, it appears that the British Civil Aviation Authority decided -- unbeknownst to the public -- to continue collecting reports that involved UFOs with possible flight safety issues.

"They were only interested in sightings that definitely had a bearing on aircraft or flight safety, and were no longer interested in reports from the public, who'd seen things in the sky and reported them to the Civil Aviation Authority," said David Clarke, the official UK National Archives consultant and a journalism lecturer at Sheffield Hallam University.

More here (including photos): http://www.huffingto...?utm_hp_ref=ufo

Edited by Saru
Reduced copied text
  • Like 1

The MoD has no specific capability for identifying the nature of such sightings.

This is why governments choose to ignore it around the world. Most of them, anyway. I don't think the superpowers put to much stock in military reports out of Borneo.

This is why governments choose to ignore it around the world. Most of them, anyway. I don't think the superpowers put to much stock in military reports out of Borneo.

That and they really can't do anything about whatever is flying around in our air space.

Interesting the eyes could not see what the camera recorded. Do not both work in the same range of visible light? Or does the camera extend into the UV or Infrared?

If you ever watched the old sci-fi show, Babylon5, you may remember the "Shadows" (here with the evil Mr. Morden) which could not be seen by the eye but were visible using electronic means which could detect other wavelengths. That was a great series!

640px-MordenShadows_01.jpg

Many of the pictures in the slide show have been debunked as hoaxes on SyFy's Fact or Faked.

Just like Project Bluebook in the late 60's that the USAF conducted, the MoD decides to end their version as well.

Getting a lot of reports but gaining little ground or so it seems.

I would not trust Sy Fy's facted or faked If I were you or for that matter anything else on Tv that involves UFOs, or, Paranormal research, or ghost hunting, or monster hunting. all they are interested is ratings. Regardless of what is real they will say and do whatever they think will get them the most ratings. ( i don't trust people who run the moment things start getting interesting )