Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Abrahamic god is the worst serial killer

Abramelin

Instead of calculating how many people our dear God has killed according to the Bible/Qur'an, I just copied and pasted part of the next post:

If we are to take the Abrahamic texts and sects seriously (judaism/christianity/islam) then it

appears their god - far from being a nice, caring, fluffy, lovey-dovey old man - is in fact the most

vicious, malicious, malevolent,v indictive and deranged serial killer in human history:

Just how many has God killed? (Complete list and estimated total):

It seems god's total murder rap is 33 million (ish) human beings.

http://2012predictions.org/abrahamic-god-the-worst-serial-killer-t869.html

• Like 4

I am trying to find a similar list from the Qur'an.

There is one online, but I can't find it right now.

But in the Qur'an it is good old Mo Ham ordering people to go on a killing spree.

All in good faith, of course.

Edited by Abramelin

Instead of calculating how many people our dear God has killed according to the Bible/Qur'an, I just copied and pasted part of the next post:

Do you believe in God?

Here you go:

From the Qur'an::

- Truly, god loves those who fight

- Fight and slay the pagans wherever you find them,

and seize them, beleaguer them, and lie in wait for

them in every stratagem.

- Chop off their hands and chop off their fingertips

- When you meet the unbelievers, chop off their

heads

- Fight and slay those who don't convert wherever

you find them

- Believers, take neither Jew nor Christians for your

friends

- Those who follow Muhammad are ruthless to

unbelievers

- Those who reject Islam are "the vilest of creatures"

and thus deserve no mercy

- Fight them until Islam reigns supreme (throughout

the world)

There are more than 100 verses in the Qur'an (Koran) advocating the use of violence to spread Islam. There are exactly 123 verses in the Qur'an about killing and fighting.

The word "Islam" has been falsely proclaimed by Muslims to mean peace. The word Islam, actually means "submission" to the Muslim god of intolerance and hatred. It comes from the root Arabic word "taslim". In Arabic, the word for peace is only "solh".

http://www.bibleprobe.com/muhammad.htm

http://www.flex.com/~jai/satyamevajayate/mohwar1.html

Do you believe in God?

Not in the Abrahamic God.

• Like 1

I don't think God has killed anyone just the deranged people that believe in him. It makes them feel like they have done nothing wrong if it was done in the name of God. I don't know what excuse Hitler and Stalin used since they didn't believe in any god.

• Like 2

I don't think God has killed anyone just the deranged people that believe in him. It makes them feel like they have done nothing wrong if it was done in the name of God. I don't know what excuse Hitler and Stalin used since they didn't believe in any god.

I don't believe any 'god' ever killed anyone. It's like accusing Santa for killing people.

It's the people themselves who did the killing, and some 'god' ordering them to do it was their excuse.

• Like 5

The God of the Old testament was how people of the time wanted to see that God was protecting them, at a time when they'd been in and out of exile and at war with everyone on every side. That's how people's depictions of whatever their particular deity has always been; they want to see them as working specifically for them. For a tribal society that faced enemies on all sides, you'd naturally want to see Him as being a great warrior on your side. Not dissimilar to Thor or Odin perhaps, or the Greek gods of the Iliad. Once again, the mistake peopel always make is to take no notice of historical context or think who these sacred texts were written for and when and what was their situation. And this is, i will grant, a mistake that some Bible literalists make as well, certainly. Another common mistake, of course, is, the mistake of assuming that everything in the Old testament is literal historical truth, and counting up the numbers that the God of the tribes of Israel may have metaphorically or rhetorically slain and in so doing taking no notice of literary or rhetorical devices.

• Like 1

Here you go:

From the Qur'an::

- Truly, god loves those who fight

- Fight and slay the pagans wherever you find them,

and seize them, beleaguer them, and lie in wait for

them in every stratagem.

- Chop off their hands and chop off their fingertips

- When you meet the unbelievers, chop off their

heads

- Fight and slay those who don't convert wherever

you find them

- Believers, take neither Jew nor Christians for your

friends

- Those who follow Muhammad are ruthless to

unbelievers

- Those who reject Islam are "the vilest of creatures"

and thus deserve no mercy

- Fight them until Islam reigns supreme (throughout

the world)

There are more than 100 verses in the Qur'an (Koran) advocating the use of violence to spread Islam. There are exactly 123 verses in the Qur'an about killing and fighting.

The word "Islam" has been falsely proclaimed by Muslims to mean peace. The word Islam, actually means "submission" to the Muslim god of intolerance and hatred. It comes from the root Arabic word "taslim". In Arabic, the word for peace is only "solh".

http://www.bibleprobe.com/muhammad.htm

http://www.flex.com/...te/mohwar1.html

Islam sounds nasty and mean. I think anyone that is not for islam is in danger from islam. I think Muhammad was a control freak.

You know, if it weren't for prophecies coming true in my lifetime i could almost be convinced to swallow this nonsense of there being no Creator. Humans cannot accurately forecast the future hundreds of years in advance. And those who deny the evidence of their senses so that they can deny the existence of God are as delusional as they claim believers to be.

The God of the Old testament was how people of the time wanted to see that God was protecting them, at a time when they'd been in and out of exile and at war with everyone on every side. That's how people's depictions of whatever their particular deity has always been; they want to see them as working specifically for them. For a tribal society that faced enemies on all sides, you'd naturally want to see Him as being a great warrior on your side. Not dissimilar to Thor or Odin perhaps, or the Greek gods of the Iliad. Once again, the mistake peopel always make is to take no notice of historical context or think who these sacred texts were written for and when and what was their situation. And this is, i will grant, a mistake that some Bible literalists make as well, certainly. Another common mistake, of course, is, the mistake of assuming that everything in the Old testament is literal historical truth, and counting up the numbers that the God of the tribes of Israel may have metaphorically or rhetorically slain and in so doing taking no notice of literary or rhetorical devices.

This is really about people believing in the words written in the Bible and the Qur'an.

These people are convinced these books are about history.

They are nuts.

I once had a Jehova Witness knocking at my door.

But what he didn't know is that I had just watched a Dutch documentary about a pregnant, Jehova Witness, woman, who suffered from some kind of blood poisoning (and one typical for pregnant women; I forgot the medical term).

After I listened to his 'sermon', I asked him: "Would you let your wife and unborn child DIE because of how some of your sect interpret a line from the Bible?"

These Joe Witnesses do not accept other people's blood, according to their interpretation of the Bible.

The guy got tears in his eyes, heh.

I said, "And now you go think about that one for a couple of weeks".

Moralizing over the right of a Creator to do with His creation as He sees fit makes no sense to me. Should I be worried if I decide to destroy a piece of sculpture I made? Should I agonize over stepping (maybe accidentally) on an anthill and killing hundreds or thousands of them? The question isn't whether we have a right to judge our Creator. The question is whether we are willing to accept that we must bend the knee to anything, ever.

Islam sounds nasty and mean. I think anyone that is not for islam is in danger from islam. I think Muhammad was a control freak.

The Christian/Jewish Bible is as mean as the Qur'an.

Moralizing over the right of a Creator to do with His creation as He sees fit makes no sense to me. Should I be worried if I decide to destroy a piece of sculpture I made? Should I agonize over stepping (maybe accidentally) on an anthill and killing hundreds or thousands of them? The question isn't whether we have a right to judge our Creator. The question is whether we are willing to accept that we must bend the knee to anything, ever.

This is about YOUR god killing millions of people.

Jesus had a different message, I hope you noticed.

The Gnostics believed it was a demon who created earth and humans, and that earth is Hell.

The 'good Christians' burned them on the stake for believing that.

"Hmmmmmmm"??

They did.

The demiurg's name, 'our' God, was Yaldaboath.

Edited by Abramelin

Seeing as how God has killed 33 million people, it might be a good idea to not talk **** about someone who is obviously far beyond Chuck Norris caliber. Just a suggestion.

Edited by Spid3rCyd3
  • Like 2

Well, if you don't believe in the Abrahamic God then you obviously don't believe He actually murdered all these people either. With that being the case why bother paying any mind to any thoughts about Him?

And just out of curiosity, which god or gods do you believe in?

The Gnostics believed it was a demon who created earth and humans, and that earth is Hell.

The 'good Christians' burned them on the stake for believing that.

Not really... It was the bureaucrats in charge of the religious institution that saw a threat to their cushy way of life and acted to remove the threat... It had very little to do with religion - regardless of what the official line was...

Seeing as how God has killed 33 million people, it might be a good idea to not talk **** about someone who is obviously far beyond Chuck Norris caliber. Just a suggestion.

I am not afraid of Santa either, lol.

• Like 2

"Hmmmmmmm"??

They did.

The demiurg's name, 'our' God, was Yaldaboath.

I wasn't Hmmmm to you! I was gearing myself up to comment on this topic, sorry to mislead you!

Well, if you don't believe in the Abrahamic God then you obviously don't believe He actually murdered all these people either. With that being the case why bother paying any mind to any thoughts about Him?

And just out of curiosity, which god or gods do you believe in?

I started this thread because billions of people believe in this serial killer.

AND... act upon what they read about him.

==

I believe in no god, really, but I believe in some organizing force, some undiscovered law of physics.

Something UNpersonal.

• Like 3

I started this thread because billions of people believe in this serial killer.

AND... act upon what they read about him.

==

I believe in no god, really, but I believe in some organizing force, some undiscovered law of physics.

Something UNpersonal.

It's refreshing to hear someone refer to god as a serial killer....at last :yes:

• Like 1