Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

More NASA UFO's?

Alisdair.MacDonald

Are these UFO's?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Do these videos contain images of UFO's?

Ken Johnston also claims that NASA ordered him to destroy UFO pictures from the Apollo missions. He wrote a book about the NASA cover up called Dark Mission.

http://darkmission.blogspot.com/2007/10/ken-johnston-answers-commentors.html

Oberg made a big production over him holding degrees in theology and metaphysics but maybe he got religion after he left NASA. Johnston wrote in response:

"I hold a BS in Aerospace Engineering from Oklahoma City University and two advanced degrees from the Reformed Baptist Seminary, one in Theology and the other PhD in Metaphysics.

I worked at the Johnson Space Center in Houston, TX from 1966 through 1980 for several prime contractors. During the first half of the Apollo program I worked for the Grumman Aerospace Corp. as a Consultant Pilot and Astronaut Liaison officer. I substituted for the Astronauts during over 3,000 hours at the controls of the Lunar Module space craft. There were 5 of us with Grumman that were the test pilots on the LM. One of us had to be in the spacecraft at all times when there was an astronaut present to answer any questions they might have and to help teach them how to fly it. The five of us went through the same training that the Astronauts had including physical fitness, zero-g training, avionics, propulsion, astronautics, etc.

After the Apollo 11 landing on the Moon most of us engineers with Grumman got (RIF) laid off so I moved over to the Lunar Receiving Laboratory where I became the Manager of the Data and Photo Control department which put me in control of all mission photography,which is how I managed to be able to get a set of pictures donated to my Alma mater. Later I worked on the Shuttle Space Suit assembly as an engineer and test subject where I flew hundreds of parabolas in NASA’s KC-135, also known as the “Vomit Comet”. I have done vacuum chamber tests and underwater Zero-G tests. While in the USMC I flew faster than twice the speed of sound in the F-4 Phantom back in 1964. I have flown at over 60,000 feet altitude and know what it is like to be up where the air is really thin. Later I worked for Martin Marietta at Vandenberg AFB during the construction of the Shuttle Launch facility called “Slick 6”. In 1984 I went to work for the Boeing Company where I retired in 1998 as a Boeing 737 Flight Instructor."

Edited by TheMacGuffin

Here were have Ken Johnston at the Smithsonian, talking about his career and NASA fakery and image manipulation. It looks like he is just visiting the Smithsonian here, not giving an official lecture, but I think he has some interesting stories to tell.

He had twelve different filing cabinets full of NASA pictures, and he was told to destroy three complete sets of pictures, but he took another one home without NASA knowing about it.

He definitely sounds like he knows what he's talking about when it comes to the lunar landings.

[media=]

Edited by TheMacGuffin

What about Ken's photo collection, and his claims of colours on the moon?

Every bit of that is poppycock. Anyone can prove this to themselves by booking some time a their local observatory.

If he has one genuine bone in his body, why is he lying through his teeth about the moon structures and colours?

OBerth and Goddard predate the IPU by quite a bit, and get quite some mention in the UFO circles, yet the claims is they have been covered up, be that true or not, would not some of the earlier V2 programs and the like have something covert of this order that predates the IPU? I would think some tantalising (genuinely tantalising LOL) titbits might be floating around out there?

Goddard? I missed the story about him and UFOs. Did you mean von Braun?

Here were have Ken Johnston at the Smithsonian, talking about his career and NASA fakery and image manipulation. It looks like he is just visiting the Smithsonian here, not giving an official lecture, but I think he has some interesting stories to tell.

He had twelve different filing cabinets full of NASA pictures, and he was told to destroy three complete sets of pictures, but he took another one home without NASA knowing about it.

He definitely sounds like he knows what he's talking about when it comes to the lunar landings.

Sure he sounds knowledgeable to the unknowledged, which are his target audience. See the little red target illuminator dancing on your chest?

Ken was never a pilot of any kind -- that was a tall tale. Grumman says they checked their 'test pilot' list and he wasn't on it. He claims the Smithsonian LM was 'his' ship but he was never in it [the test engineers who were are all documented -- his name isn't on any list].

Ken's degrees from the 'Baptist Theological Seminary' were mail-order certificates from a PO Box in Denver. When he volunteered for NASA's Solar System Ambassador program, he listed a 'PhD' in Physics [he called it Meta Physics], and when they later asked him for proof, he resigned.

The Apollo photos he used in his job as a shipping clerk in the LRL filled about two shelf feet, and he gave that set to his university. They lost them.

There never was any 'department' he was head of. As a HS grad with some technical training, he was a line worker -- and did honorable service. But he never was in charge of anybody else or of any original or master moon photos. Apparently as the LRL work was shutting down, he was told to clean out the bookshelves. Since there were at least a hundred other sets of these reference photos around, nobody seemed to think theyh needed extra copies taking up space.

His story about deleted film of alien structures inside Tsiolkovskiy Crater has one problem. The mission he claims he saw them from never flew over that crater, or even close enough slant range to see into it.

But he seems to have assumed that nobody in his target audience would ever know the diufference, or care. Seems he gauged you accurately, MacG.

How does it feel for the confabulators to have so little respect for your intelligence, and to prove them right?

• Like 2

Goddard? I missed the story about him and UFOs. Did you mean von Braun?

No, I just seem him bundled with Oberth and Konstantin Tsiolkovsky on a regular basis on the UFO sites, and Edgar Mitchell made reference to him in a radio interview on Larry King's show on Independence Day, last year... I think?

But no UFO stories that I know of.

Edited by psyche101

Well At least we all can agree on one thing ! Goddard,And Von-Braun really are the Fathers of our Space Age ! :tsu:

• Like 1

Sure he sounds knowledgeable to the unknowledged, which are his target audience. See the little red target illuminator dancing on your chest?

Ken was never a pilot of any kind -- that was a tall tale. Grumman says they checked their 'test pilot' list and he wasn't on it. He claims the Smithsonian LM was 'his' ship but he was never in it [the test engineers who were are all documented -- his name isn't on any list].

But he seems to have assumed that nobody in his target audience would ever know the diufference, or care. Seems he gauged you accurately, MacG.

How does it feel for the confabulators to have so little respect for your intelligence, and to prove them right?

Well, what you say and what's really true are two different things, although I realized long ago that this is just your job. I've never seen one NASA UFO witness yet who you didn't attack savagely, so whatever you say always comes with a large discount as far as I'm concerned.

I'll keep looking for more information about him if it's all the same to you.

Edited by TheMacGuffin

Anyway, I don't know if Ken Johnston actually claimed to be an astronaut, but he did get to wear a spacesuit at NASA. I bet Oberg never got to wear a spacesuit.

J%20Ken%20Johnston.jpg

Edited by TheMacGuffin

Well, what you say and what's really true are two different things, although I realized long ago that this is just your job. I've never seen one NASA UFO witness yet who you didn't attack savagely, so whatever you say always comes with a large discount as far as I'm concerned.

I'll keep looking for more information about him if it's all the same to you.

You can FOIA his military records, if you dare.

The blue lights do not seem to appear in every picture from film roll 66 on Apollo 14. I don't see any in this one, for example.

No, they don't. I never said they did. They're pretty random.

Well, yes, he does have some 'interesting' stories, but I think Jim Oberg has done a fine job here and elsewhere pointing out the flaws in those stories. Have you found anything yet dealing with his claims that the blue spots in the Apollo 14 photos are some sort of ship?

Ken Johnston's interview on Coast-to-Coast AM begins at 39:00 minutes. This was one occasion where he talked about the blue flares in the Apollo 14 pictures. The way he describes his job, he was not just a mail clerk either.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=C0WVlPJ_3ZQ

Edited by TheMacGuffin

I'm not convinced about the reports of "structures" being discovered on the Moon.

When I first heard of this years ago, I had to wonder, if this were true, why did NASA not plan a manned mission to the far side to investigate.

I can't help but think that if such structures existed, at a minimum, at least robotic landings would have been planned and completed long ago.

One thing Ken Johnston did say in the C2C interview was that he was friends with James Oberg at NASA at discussed many of these things with him at the time, but when he went public Oberg turned on him, and even warned that his life might be in danger.

That doesn't surprise me a bit.

Johnston says that far from being a "rocket scientist", Oberg's master's thesis was on propaganda and mass media indoctrination. He describes Oberg as a kind of "hit man" who helped get him kicked out of NASA. Then he lied about Johnston having no credentials and not being employed in the jobs he had said he'd held.

According to Johnston, he donated some of the pictures to his college in Oklahoma City and they later went "missing".

Edited by TheMacGuffin

No spacesuit for Oberg there, just a wannabe space cadet.

r-SCIENTIST-JAMES-OBERG-large.jpg

Hrrmmz, that link shows James actively working on the Shuttle program, and goes on to confirm what he has said about Story Musgrave, and herald Jims accomplishments.

I am not sure it has the effect you might have hoped for? It paints Jim in very good light indeed.

Oberg was in Mission Control at the Johnson Space Center in Houston on April 12, 1981, for the very first shuttle launch. Designated STS-1, the Columbia shuttle spent just two days in space, orbiting Earth 37 times with its two-man crew of John W. Young and Robert L. Crippen. The main mission of that maiden flight was to make sure the shuttle could achieve orbit and return safely to Earth.

After working the first two shuttle missions, Oberg moved on to specialize in orbital rendezvous missions and is considered a pioneer in the development of space shuttle rendezvous techniques.

Edited by psyche101
  • Like 2

I'm not convinced about the reports of "structures" being discovered on the Moon.

When I first heard of this years ago, I had to wonder, if this were true, why did NASA not plan a manned mission to the far side to investigate.

I can't help but think that if such structures existed, at a minimum, at least robotic landings would have been planned and completed long ago.

They are claimed to be big enough to spot with a telescope.

4816.jpg

Dead set, that is mystery solved. No such thing is on the moon, and anyone can look for themselves.

Much paredolia about some god awful messed up photos. Surely people are not taking this seriously??

Edited by psyche101
  • Like 2

Hrrmmz, that link shows James actively working on the Shuttle program, and goes on to confirm what he has said about Story Musgrave, and herald Jims accomplishments.

I am not sure it has the effect you might have hoped for? It paints Jim in very good light indeed.

Yes, a very good light indeed. Just when did our good friend "Jim" become a "NASA Rocket Scientist"? Does he have a degree in rocket science? LOL

Edited by TheMacGuffin

One thing Ken Johnston did say in the C2C interview was that he was friends with James Oberg at NASA at discussed many of these things with him at the time, but when he went public Oberg turned on him, and even warned that his life might be in danger.

Ohh for Pete's sakes. That really is going too far. Who in their right mind would believe that?

Ohh for Pete's sakes. That really is going too far. Who in their right mind would believe that?

In the interview, who also said there was a team at NASA "doctoring" all the photographs of UFOs and whatnot. He mentioned Dr. Thornton Page quite a bit, who I recall was on the Robertson Committee back in 1953.

Yes, a very good light indeed. Just when did our good friend "Jim" become a "NASA Rocket Scientist"? Does he have a degree in rocket science? LOL

Since the term "rocket scientist" is synonymous with aerospace engineer, Oberg does indeed have that degree.

Cheers,

Badeskov

• Like 1

They are claimed to be big enough to spot with a telescope.

4816.jpg

Dead set, that is mystery solved. No such thing is on the moon, and anyone can look for themselves.

Much paredolia about some god awful messed up photos. Surely people are not taking this seriously??

Airbrushed pictures?

This looks like it's been sandblasted!

• Like 4