Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

NY Candidate Says Negro-hood

Simbi Laveau

http://politicker.com/2012/08/candidate-writes-negrohood-instead-of-neighborhood-on-a-campaign-mailer-probably-regrets-it/

He sent it to dozens of people ,while trying to convince them to vote for him,as assemblyman for a predominantly black neighborhood in Brooklyn .

He is claiming its a typo ,but his campaign treasurer has resigned because of it .

What century is this ?

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Simbi Laveau

• Lilly

• The Mule

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I do believe it was Bill Cosby who, when referring to himself as a 'black man', was quickly corrected by a young person, "It's African American" the young guy said. In typical 'Cos' fashion he replied that the young man would have to be patient with him as in his lifetime he'd gone from being the 'N' word to 'Colored' to 'Negro' to 'Black' and he simply had yet to make the jump to 'African American'.

Anyway, perhaps this was all just some type of stupid mistake...perhaps by some campaign worker who didn't have a good command of current English terminology?

Edited by Lilly
syntax correction

I do believe it was Bill Cosby who, when referring to himself as a 'black man', was quickly corrected by a young person, "It's African American" the young guy said. In typical 'Cos' fashion he replied that the young man would have to be patient with him as in his lifetime he'd gone from being the 'N' word to 'Colored' to 'Negro' to 'Black' and he simply had yet to make the jump to 'African American'.

Anyway, perhaps this was all just some type of stupid mistake...perhaps by some campaign worker who didn't have a good command of current English terminology?

We can hope,but in all honesty ,I think it was a Freudian slip .

I don't think he did it intentionally,but this is what came out.

*sighs*