Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Evolution - really?

Batfastard

Evolution is a load of crap that was good science back in the day, but now its' pretty much disproven. Creation is the only possible way we could have gotten here, anyone who says otherwise just dosen't want to admit that they owe their life to God. But hey it's alright, God is good enough that he allows us to make our own decisions even if they are the wrong ones, however one day we all have to die and when we do we will stand before Him and have to make an account for our lives. I don't want to be the guy who gets there and says ahh sorry God, I would have believed in you if it was not for all these fake bones people keep putting forward as reality.

so basically your are saying tat we were made from mud and when we die we will rise into the sky and magically grow wings and live in eternal paradise? grow up dude
  • Like 4

You may not remind yourself of it but nevertheless if you accept the evolutionary world view it's a fact that you can not escape. Life is a accident and their is no hope of a afterlife. You say you don't care how we got here but really how we got here is the most important thing because it determines everything else.

I think you've discarded the beliefs of many christians there. They accept that evolution is the best explanation, and still expect an afterlife. But one of them should probably put you right on that.

Edited by Arbenol68
  • Like 1

I think you've discarded the beliefs of many christians there. They accept that evolution is the best explanation, and still expect an afterlife. But one of them should probably put you right on that.

Any self-respecting Christian acknowledges evolution - The Pope, and the Archbishop of Canterbury are two that immediately come to mind.

However, I do believe I utilized a poor selection of words - "self-respecting" and "religion" really do not coincide with one another. You get my drift.

Edited by Alienated Being
  • Like 2

Ya know what? I hear all these atheists and evolutionists try so hard to disprove God, and creationism, they come with their witty comebacks but in the end they can't prove a single thing about evolution. Because there is nothing to prove thats why. God made the universe, it's painfully obvious.

Nope, incorrect. Us "evolutionists" don't try to disprove anything. We have learned about the facts and understand the scientific theory that these facts support. Evolution.

Us atheists aren't trying to disprove any deity, we are in search of any type of facts to support the existence of any deity.

Nibs

• Like 1

Evolution is a load of crap that was good science back in the day, but now its' pretty much disproven. Creation is the only possible way we could have gotten here, anyone who says otherwise just dosen't want to admit that they owe their life to God. But hey it's alright, God is good enough that he allows us to make our own decisions even if they are the wrong ones, however one day we all have to die and when we do we will stand before Him and have to make an account for our lives. I don't want to be the guy who gets there and says ahh sorry God, I would have believed in you if it was not for all these fake bones people keep putting forward as reality.

Wait wait, I'd really like a better explanation on the part I bolded, please, if you'd be so kind.

• Like 3

Wait wait, I'd really like a better explanation on the part I bolded, please, if you'd be so kind.

I am rather interested in this as well.

All these posts fighting so hard for evolution but what are you fighting for? To prove that humans are an accident of nature? That the universe has no real direction or point to it. That death is the end and our lives are ultimately sad jokes? Are you really going to fight for that?

Doesn't bother me. I'll fight for it. Not scared of what's after death. We're here for a while and then we die. Just how it is. Nothing more, nothing less.

• Like 2

I have a strange suspicion that BlueOgre is a Poe... I mean, I do know that there are real fundies out there (I've dealt with a lot of them, having been one myself), but I'm having a slightly difficult time believing he's for real... I could be wrong, but honestly...

Yeah, I'm having great difficulty seriously believing that someone can be this stupid/brainwashed/mislead... I call Poe's Law. And if I'm mistaken... then may the Flying Spaghetti Monster have mercy on us all...

What? About the whole fake bones thing? Well I was just trying to point out how Evolutionists like to present these fragments of bones that clearly come from either apes or humans and then place them together and claim it's a missing link. I should have clarified but ya know heat of the moment and everything...

I have a strange suspicion that BlueOgre is a Poe... I mean, I do know that there are real fundies out there (I've dealt with a lot of them, having been one myself), but I'm having a slightly difficult time believing he's for real... I could be wrong, but honestly...

I should have known you were an ex-Christian only an ex-christian fights against God like that. I know because until recently I was in that camp. Thankfully I came to my senses

What? About the whole fake bones thing? Well I was just trying to point out how Evolutionists like to present these fragments of bones that clearly come from either apes or humans and then place them together and claim it's a missing link. I should have clarified but ya know heat of the moment and everything...

Link? Where has this been done that science hasn't caught the error?

Nibs

Yeah, I'm having great difficulty seriously believing that someone can be this stupid/brainwashed/mislead... I call Poe's Law. And if I'm mistaken... then may the Flying Spaghetti Monster have mercy on us all...

Poe's Law really? I am not an extremist or fundementalist .

What about Neanderthal bones? They're clearly neither ape nor homo sapian.

Edited by Hasina

What about Neanderthal bones? They're clearly neither ape nor homo sapian.

Yes, they are not apes and they are not modern humans either. It just shows that humans have changed overtime but when you think about it it's no different from looking at how Wolves slowly became dogs. A wolf and a dog are the basically the same animal just different in apprearance and behavior, thats proven by the fact that they can interbreed. So Neanderthalls and modern man. Micro evolution is real but macro is false

But Neanderthals didn't become homo sapiens, they're clearly a seperate species, a completely different thing. Like lions and tigers (and bears, oh my!). They're related, can interbreed, but they have distinctly different behaviors. What about dinosaurs? And the gradual appearance of monkeys, apes , and hominids from a common primate ancestor?

I should have known you were an ex-Christian only an ex-christian fights against God like that. I know because until recently I was in that camp. Thankfully I came to my senses

I could say the same. And again, I "fight" against your god for the same reason I fight flat-Earthers.

Poe's Law really? I am not an extremist or fundementalist .

You are in the 5% minority of Christians who disbelieve evolution and say the things you say. That is the very definition of a fundamentalist.

Yes, they are not apes and they are not modern humans either. It just shows that humans have changed overtime but when you think about it it's no different from looking at how Wolves slowly became dogs. A wolf and a dog are the basically the same animal just different in apprearance and behavior, thats proven by the fact that they can interbreed. So Neanderthalls and modern man. Micro evolution is real but macro is false

And what is your substantiation for deeming "macro-evolution" (again, not a real term) false? As a biologist, I'd be keenly interested to know.

But Neanderthals didn't become homo sapiens, they're clearly a seperate species, a completely different thing. Like lions and tigers (and bears, oh my!). They're related, can interbreed, but they have distinctly different behaviors. What about dinosaurs? And the gradual appearance of monkeys, apes , and hominids from a common primate ancestor?

The whole common ancestor thing is bunk that only seems to carry water because of the manipulation of the fosil record. Dinosaurs are all dead and died out in ancient times no one really knows why but they suspect it had something to do with climate change caused by a metorite hitting the earth millions of years ago. The Neanderthalls did become us because they merged back into the human line, we have their blood in our genes

I could say the same. And again, I "fight" against your god for the same reason I fight flat-Earthers.

Yeah sure you do. I have been in your shoes before and I know the reason you fight, its because your mad at God about something.

And what is your substantiation for deeming "macro-evolution" (again, not a real term) false? As a biologist, I'd be keenly interested to know.

Micro is the changes you have within a certain type of animals, like monkeys becoming the various species of monkeys due to adapting to their envrionment. However thats as far as it goes a monkey could never become a ape or a human, Macro evolution says that given enough time you can go from bacteria to birds and that just can't happen

Then why don't homo sapiens appear earlier in the fossil records? Why do they only appear in the most recent layers, same with radiocarbon dating. Why do homo sapien bones date later then homo erectus or any of the other hominids up until that point? And before that, nothing but more 'primitive' primates as well dating earlier and earlier in the fossil record where there are other 'primitive' mammels and then BAM! Only small mammels and the dinosaurs. Radiocarbon dating all but proves that species change over a long, long and gradual time span.

Monkeys wouldn't 'become' humans. Evolution is not a set path.

I'm sure Arbitran can explain it better then I ever could, seeing as he's a biologist and I'm a plucky gal who likes to read.

Edited by Hasina
  • Like 1

Macro evolution says that given enough time you can go from bacteria to birds and that just can't happen

Except that it did. Prove to me that just ONE person went to heaven. Just one.

• Like 2