Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

UK Irn Bru sales hit new Barr

Talon

UK Irn Bru sales hit new Barr

Scottish drinks giant AG Barr said demand for soft drinks increased despite the poor summer weather.

Both Irn-Bru and Tizer increased their market share and helped lift half year sales to £66.3m.

The Glasgow-based company also said strong marketing and promotional plans for the second half left it well placed to deal with competition from rivals.

Operating profits rose to £7.4m while at the bottom line pre-tax profits were 10% higher at £7.9m.

Barr said the higher bottom line figure reflected the "underlying fundamental strength" of the business.

Chief executive Roger White said: "We made excellent progress across the business in what has been a challenging market."

The hike in turnover reflected a particularly strong performance in Scotland, where Irn-Bru and the diet version of the drink saw a 4% year-on-year increase in sales.

Barr said a change in promotions in England would mean more investment in Irn-Bru in the second half.

The firm employs nearly 1,000 people across the country at sites including Kirkcaldy and Fife.

user posted image

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/3698900.stm

And why is this in world Affairs? huh.gif Because I think its a crime that you non-Scots don't know how good this drink is thumbsup.gif I'm so sorry for you crying.gif

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Talon

• AztecInca

• BurnSide

• gaz

Top Posters In This Topic

OH MY GOD.

I had completely forgotten about IRN-BRU. The chewy bar was so good. They don't sell it outside the UK. sad.gif

They don't sell it outside the UK. 

I wasn't even aware they sold it outside Scotland huh.gif

And why is this in world Affairs? huh.gif Because I think its a crime that you non-Scots don't know how good this drink is thumbsup.gif I'm so sorry for you crying.gif

283225[/snapback]

i like irn bru

Maybe one day it will become a global product and people all the way down under like myself can taste this apparently amazing drink!

Edited by AztecInca

Maybe one day it will become a global product and people all the way down under like myself can taste this apparently amazing drink!

Aparently Pepsi and Cola have taken legal action in countries like the US to ban Irn Bru from going over there because their scared it'll take over. Don't know about Australia though